World Finals Monaco Demo Event Discussion

Australia
Australia
Didn't see a thread for this one.

The 45 minute race was cool but Fuji feels pretty awful to drive especially with the KERS boost surges

The 30 lap race at Fuji with the New Toyota GR010? if so it is not available until November 29 ...

I entered round 1,qualified first,watched the countdown and then it just hung there,no race...but i did get credit for entering(1st in my local region,lol)...will try again in round 2.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there’s a reentry period where we continue to get rewards for replaying the Manufacturers & Nations Cup the next day? I’ve got my 1mil prizes for both and it looks like I can start the races again but it still says “Aquired“ under both of them even though it says 37 days left now.

I’m a little confused with this demo event…

If we can enter again are the rewards different? They look like the same races as yesterday. Where did you all find the 45 minute race and Fuji track in the Monaco Demo? The only two I see are Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps for Manufacturers Cup and Willow Springs for Nations Cup, still with the Escudo Pikes Peak

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there’s a reentry period where we continue to get rewards for replaying the Manufacturers & Nations Cup the next day? I’ve got my 1mil prizes for both and it looks like I can start the races again but it still says “Aquired“ under both of them even though it says 37 days left now.

If we can enter again are the rewards different? They look like the same races as yesterday. Where did you all find the 45 minute race and Fuji track in the Monaco Demo? The only two I see are Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps for Manufacturers Cup and Willow Springs for Nations Cup, still with the Escudo Pikes Peak
Sport mode, it's right under the Time Trial,next race Nov 29th, four different start times available.

They are both 1 & done. You can only claim the rewards once.

How much are these paying?
I got like 900K for winning mine, don't know if driver level or finishing position matters, and if so how much.

So yeah, managed to win the race at Spa. In GTS I never won any championship races, just a few dailies. Started P6, couple of guys went wide into T1, managed to overtake one on the Kemmel Straight. Guy in P2 got himself a penalty on lap 1 and the then-leader on lap 2 so I got into lead that way. Had them right behind me for a couple of laps but eventually built a gap of 15 seconds. I was the last to pit, and wasn't as fast on hards but in the end won by 9 seconds.

I guess the Manufacturers Cup at Spa going on now goes in this thread? I'm okay at Spa and with DR and SR off I want to race on my main account for Dodge but then I went to qualify. It was raining and I didn't want to spend credits on tires on a rental car even though I have my own car with all tires that for unknown reasons I can't use. So I drove slowly for a few laps to see if the rain would end and it rained harder. Then I restarted a few times to see if I would get different weather and I didn't. Then I backed out of the event and back in on a standard PS4 playing the real loading simulator, didn't work. Closed and reopened the game and it still didn't work. So then I bought intermediate and wet tires, ran 5 laps and discovered that the Viper BoP in the wet is way off the pace. Finally I went to my alt account and still have the same weather and am currently sitting on track while typing this with no end to the rain in sight. PD has to let the players practice in all weather conditions if they hold races that can have all weather conditions. I highly doubt I will race on either account given that only the very few players that have been on track for who knows how long for it to dry are fully prepared for the race, thus pretty much assuring chaos.

I guess the Manufacturers Cup at Spa going on now goes in this thread? I'm okay at Spa and with DR and SR off I want to race on my main account for Dodge but then I went to qualify. It was raining and I didn't want to spend credits on tires on a rental car even though I have my own car with all tires that for unknown reasons I can't use. So I drove slowly for a few laps to see if the rain would end and it rained harder. Then I restarted a few times to see if I would get different weather and I didn't. Then I backed out of the event and back in on a standard PS4 playing the real loading simulator, didn't work. Closed and reopened the game and it still didn't work. So then I bought intermediate and wet tires, ran 5 laps and discovered that the Viper BoP in the wet is way off the pace. Finally I went to my alt account and still have the same weather and am currently sitting on track while typing this with no end to the rain in sight. PD has to let the players practice in all weather conditions if they hold races that can have all weather conditions. I highly doubt I will race on either account given that only the very few players that have been on track for who knows how long for it to dry are fully prepared for the race, thus pretty much assuring chaos.
I just did two races there,both started with rain.
First race i lead the whole thing,thought i won but ,noooo ,forgot to to put RH's on, 1 minute penalty, finished 3rd, won close to 500k.
Second race,put RH's on,come out of pit and crashed,guess track was still a bit wet,got bumped later in the lap and crashed hard,finished 3rd again,10 seconds behind,could have easily won without all the crashing,lol, got a lil over 500k,was fun!:cheers:

I found it very difficult to predict what the weather was going to do and even though it showed track wetness of 29% pre-race, it looked like it was going to get worse and I made the mistake of choosing the full wet tires to start.

I lined up in Q9 and was up to P5 after the turn 1 mayhem, but it soon became apparent that I was on the wrong tire and the track wasn't getting any wetter. Pit after 3 laps for the inters and rejoin in 10th. The track started to dry out by lap 10 so I pit again and put the hards on and run to the end.

Wound up 7th by the time it was said and done for 129 points and around 400K credits, not too shabby given I made an extra pit stop. Overall a fun race and nice to get out there again having not raced sport mode since the last GTWS season ended. I do wish the weather prediction was a little more straightforward though.

Last edited:
The Porsche was an absolute dream to drive in the rain, I started 5th but got into the lead by the end of lap 2.

184b5f5df6d24-screenshotUrl.jpg

How come we cannot use the X2019 25th Anniversary gift car we won on Viewers Campaign day 1 in the upcoming Nations Cup demo race? The specs seem identical, and it even shows as the "Competition" model in my garage (I haven't bought one in Brand Central). Not a big deal as I can use a rental, but just curious.

How come we cannot use the X2019 25th Anniversary gift car we won on Viewers Campaign day 1 in the upcoming Nations Cup demo race? The specs seem identical, and it even shows as the "Competition" model in my garage (I haven't bought one in Brand Central). Not a big deal as I can use a rental, but just curious.
Go buy one,slap on Team Canada livery,
1669580224250.png

Last edited:
These events are the only reason I play this game and ****ing incompetent PD can't give us a good warning so now I miss them. Is there a schedule out there for when new championships will pop up so I don't have to log on every single day to make sure I don't miss one?

These events are the only reason I play this game and ****ing incompetent PD can't give us a good warning so now I miss them. Is there a schedule out there for when new championships will pop up so I don't have to log on every single day to make sure I don't miss one?
Looks like 4 races per night,Tues-Sun(29th-4th),rounds 2 n 3,start time for me is 8-9-10-11pm Atlantic time,15 window to enter before the top of the hour.:cheers:

These demos are some of the best races I’ve seen in GT7. A proper semi endurance racing with strategy, absolutely love it. 😍 Dailies are a bit too short usually.
For me there are for sure 100% best online races i've seen in a long time.
Tonight, race 1,qual 2nd,got crashed out lap 2, back to 17th, came back and won by 6.5 seconds, 888k.
Race 2 was a bit better,fastest lap and clean win,lapped the field, 1.3 million.
Might be a profitable week.
1669606430851.png

1669606457614.png

Last edited:
This game is an absolute joke!!!!! Gave the 10pm race a shot. Dry qually, race starts with rain and I just had to quit with all the others starting on wets as they had experience from earlier sessions.

This game is an absolute joke!!!!! Gave the 10pm race a shot. Dry qually, race starts with rain and I just had to quit with all the others starting on wets as they had experience from earlier sessions.
Yeah I wasn't impressed by needing to buy inters for the rental and not being able to do it in the race menu. Very poor game design.

Last edited:
The slot I just did was wet leading up to the race, wet in pre-race practice, then Qualifying was dry as a bone. However, in the pre-race lobby screen it tells you onscreen what the level of track wetness is before you start so you can make a tire change. In my case it said the track was 29% wet so I switched to IM for the race start. You could also see the track in the background it was clearly raining. So just be sure to pay attention in the pre-race lobby for information like that to pop up.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 8.32.11 PM.png

Back