Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Apparently people believe that ramming into a slower car makes them go faster :dunce:

One just have to dislike those. Too many bumper car racers, especially in online quick match. Tip: Line 'em up very close behind you on a straight and slam the brakes.

Maybe not the worst I've experienced, but the most recent unpleasantness was a host that clearly wanted to go to Brands Hatch. Not a big deal, right? Well, instead of simply changing the track, they launched a track vote seven consecutive times to try to get their way. I'm not sure they did, though, because I got kicked for recommending a kick-out vote. :lol:

Had a bit of a numpty the other day...... guy running a 520pp road car room, running the regs at 500pp..... was always in the elise 111r for every race. He would set the fastest time in practice, and while racing, he would scamper off to a distance where he would stop, and type 'waiting' and slow down for everyone to catch up. This one race, sombody caught him and beat him. People typed 'gr' as somebody beat him, immediaty the host typed 'I let him win, so not gr' and the typed 'im am the fastest, i could have easily won' To that end people started thping back 'good for you' and 'your loss' and emptied the room lol

Had a bit of a numpty the other day...... guy running a 520pp road car room, running the regs at 500pp..... was always in the elise 111r for every race. He would set the fastest time in practice, and while racing, he would scamper off to a distance where he would stop, and type 'waiting' and slow down for everyone to catch up. This one race, sombody caught him and beat him. People typed 'gr' as somebody beat him, immediaty the host typed 'I let him win, so not gr' and the typed 'im am the fastest, i could have easily won' To that end people started thping back 'good for you' and 'your loss' and emptied the room lol

The sad part is that the world is full of people like this. They all think they're Superman and if they get beat they will kick and shout excuses. GT online is by far not the worst. I quit playing FIFA a couple of years ago because of constant text abuse and EAs lack of action against such behavior.

Software developers priority is the casual player and making them Superman with the least effort required. That's why assisted passing, shooting, braking, turning, movement, skid recovery, added grip, arcade physics and such is the default control method for nearly all games. If that wasn't enough they even host competitions where they not only allow, but encourage the use of assists/aids/helpers.

Apparently people believe that ramming into a slower car makes them go faster :dunce:
Exactly what happens when I'm in the mood to drive my stock Honda Life Step Van with 31 horsepower at a cruise lobby. Can't go a minute without being rammed by a supercar.

Joined a public club lobby today called "Countryside Cruise Club". Don't know if this is a well known club or what, but I took to the track (Sierra) in my completely stock NSX '01 on comfort softs (the minimum was SH) and within 2 minutes (didn't even make it to checkpoint 17) I was called a gay noob foreigner and kicked. I guess I wasn't driving the speed limit (whatever that is). The host must've called off from school today.

Joined a public club lobby today called "Countryside Cruise Club". Don't know if this is a well known club or what, but I took to the track (Sierra) in my completely stock NSX '01 on comfort softs (the minimum was SH) and within 2 minutes (didn't even make it to checkpoint 17) I was called a gay noob foreigner and kicked. I guess I wasn't driving the speed limit (whatever that is). The host must've called off from school today.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/countryside-cruising-club.321352/

I guess I wasn't driving the speed limit (whatever that is).
I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean you didn't ask if there was one and just set about going quickly? Or something else?

Yep, now I know. Guess I wasn't mind reader. It was a public lobby.

I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean you didn't ask if there was one and just set about going quickly? Or something else?

I set off going quickly, not recklessly. I'm basically over it, but the host was incredibly rude. A simple heads up would have sufficed and I would have left the room. No need to hurl insults at someone and kick them under three minutes. And this was a public club room! How is anyone to know about their strict rules just entering? The title didn't say anything about having to drive like a teenage driving school teacher.

Unacceptable behavior displayed by a club room host, especially considering that he's not even the club owner.

Last edited:
2 cents
I think the exact opposite as in I would expect more from the club owner over some random member that hosted your event.

Understood, but I would hope my club members would set a good example unless the club doesn't want new members (but then why would they make a public club lobby in the first place?).

While I appreciate PD having a GT Community, this just reminds me why random on-line play (anywhere) is an incredible waste of time.

Yep, now I know. Guess I wasn't mind reader. It was a public lobby.

I set off going quickly, not recklessly. I'm basically over it, but the host was incredibly rude. A simple heads up would have sufficed and I would have left the room. No need to hurl insults at someone and kick them under three minutes. And this was a public club room! How is anyone to know about their strict rules just entering? The title didn't say anything about having to drive like a teenage driving school teacher.

Unacceptable behavior displayed by a club room host, especially considering that he's not even the club owner.
11102996_968833303127720_3590273109830260860_n.jpg

I definitely just encountered the worst player I've ever played with online. PSN Rex_Jarvis, he was in a dark green premium RS6 which had presumably been fully tuned (6:25 round the Ring). I was going for a hot lap and he decided that he would pull in behind me, and he proceeded to follow me at less than a car length for almost the entire lap. I let him by twice and he just pulled back in behind me. I drove as I would normally, but after about 6 minutes it got to me and I started making mistakes. I was driving a 700 bhp Soarer, so a little mistake puts me backwards. Totally ridiculous driving on his part, and some of the rudest behaviour I've ever encountered in GT6. Or in GTA, for that matter, and that's saying something.

I definitely just encountered the worst player I've ever played with online. PSN Rex_Jarvis, he was in a dark green premium RS6 which had presumably been fully tuned (6:25 round the Ring). I was going for a hot lap and he decided that he would pull in behind me, and he proceeded to follow me at less than a car length for almost the entire lap. I let him by twice and he just pulled back in behind me. I drove as I would normally, but after about 6 minutes it got to me and I started making mistakes. I was driving a 700 bhp Soarer, so a little mistake puts me backwards. Totally ridiculous driving on his part, and some of the rudest behaviour I've ever encountered in GT6. Or in GTA, for that matter, and that's saying something.
Just ask him not to follow you. Or play a trick on him and say that you want to follow him and he should lead to see if you could catch him. If none of those work, just break check him. If he avoids that by being next to you, then lightly break and pull a pit maneuver on him. Or press start and restart your lap quickly at the pits before he does the same.

There's this really nice feature in GT6 open lobbies that everyone should use.

Brakes are such a wonderful addition to the game, but it's so underrated! I wonder why no one uses this feature... :confused:

There's this really nice feature in GT6 open lobbies that everyone should use.

Brakes are such a wonderful addition to the game, but it's so underrated! I wonder why no one uses this feature... :confused:
Brakes are a nice feature indeed, in my experience the best way to encourage people to use this wonderful feature is to enable 2 nice features called heavy damage & strong penalties.

Back