Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Today i was kicked out of a room because i was using the mazda with the "hidden" stripes. Because aparently it was "hacking and causing a bad game experience to the players", this being the host words
What... really?
Yep, shows how apparently anything that isn't readily known by the GT community is instantly hacking. Then again, I used to get slack for my Daihatsu Mira back when you could tune it to 650HP. :lol:

Joining an only FIA GT1 room after hours for searching a decent room.
Kicked out because a noob friend of the host brake checked me after overtaking +30mph with an OP Honda NSX Prototype LM Race Car, and complained in voice chat. He closed my line, braked 100m earlier than usual, and didn't even miss the apex afterwards.
An italian friend of mine, alone in the lead, was kicked too because he shared the nationality with me, I guess.
I won't tell the nationality of these a-holes, but seriously, in a good 70% of the cases these people kick all of the italians just "because", maybe because they suffered some inferiority complex in motorsport :P

Jokes apart, I'm really getting tired of this game, it seems only idiots remained in public lobbies. 👎

I won't tell the nationality of these a-holes, but seriously, in a good 70% of the cases these people kick all of the italians just "because", maybe because they suffered some inferiority complex in motorsport :P
People with different flags than the host usually tend to get the wrong end of the stick in the lobby.

People with different flags than the host usually tend to get the wrong end of the stick in the lobby.
Which is not the case, since the fact I have many sane friends from that nation. In most of the cases I can make friends in the most of the rooms, no matter the host's country. I'm a serious person, and I respect all of the rules imposed by the hosts even if bizarre. The point is, if one wants to chat only in his language, having fun only with same nation friends, and refuses to accept some "stranger" competition, then he should create a Only X-Nation room like Aussies cleverly do, or directly a club or a private room. But it seems only that some people prefers not to care, and instead be arrogant d.... with the host power of kicking people. These type of players are killing the residual fun I had once playing GT6. I don't have that much of free time, and I hate wasting it in getting angry at a TV screen. It seems a good amount of serious people have moved on other games judging by the average of sportivity in public lobbies lately

if one wants to chat only in his language,
I don't see a problem with this, I mean as long as they're pretty lenient with people who aren't so good at English. It generally makes running a room easier if everybody is speaking a single language.

Of course, talking with friends should be fine too.

I don't see a problem with this, I mean as long as they're pretty lenient with people who aren't so good at English. It generally makes running a room easier if everybody is speaking a single language.

Of course, talking with friends should be fine too.
I've to admit, I exagerated a bit on that...I agree with you.
But treating friends mafia style, kicking automatically on request like they did, that seems indeed very "italian", on a stereotypical side :P

Same occurrence has happen over a couple of Nurburgring 'Trackdays'.

People in a Red Bull and Tomahawk trying to race me while I'm in a ordinary road car. In the process of them overtaking they would send me flying into a barrier and wait up to do the same again.

People in a Red Bull and Tomahawk trying to race me while I'm in a ordinary road car. In the process of them overtaking they would send me flying into a barrier and wait up to do the same again.
Gotta love those people :rolleyes:

I remember that happened to me while i'm driving a dark blue 1988 Toyota Supra 3.0 last year, why just whyyy??

I recently joined a Nürburgring Free Run lobby that was pretty full. Any car was allowed and of course half the people were in Tomahawks, but not one person was in a Red Bull. Me, who had recently bought a new X2010 (because I'm bored), decided to bring that on track. I get on track and as soon as the host saw what I was in, he immediately started typing hate mail to me saying that Red Bulls are 🤬 as 🤬 and that only "12 year old low life's use them". Then he finally decided to kick me. :rolleyes:

I recently joined a Nürburgring Free Run lobby that was pretty full. Any car was allowed and of course half the people were in Tomahawks, but not one person was in a Red Bull. Me, who had recently bought a new X2010 (because I'm bored), decided to bring that on track. I get on track and as soon as the host saw what I was in, he immediately started typing hate mail to me saying that Red Bulls are 🤬 as 🤬 and that only "12 year old low life's use them". Then he finally decided to kick me. :rolleyes:
Whaaaa...

Sounded like a nightmare lobby. 8 people in a Tomahawk....:yuck:

I've run across a lot of boneheads at the current 350pp quickmatch. I just keep racing and eventually they get bored and leave. It has been sharpening my skills for racing without contact ( at least on my part ) Nice thing about all of this was I found myself racing against friends and some people on the forum!

Are we allowed to tell the names of these idiots?

I remember an incident that made me rage at the time

I used to be in a F1 league with Immortal Pilot and several other guys. We did full length races and the one in question was at Monaco. I was never one of the fastest guys in the league but I always did well at city circuits and also could make tires last very long. Well, I had the performance of my lifetime. I was operating a different strategy than the rest (racing hard tires-less pit stops) and after my final stop, I was somehow in third place. Behind me was a guy that was new to the league but he had pace so I was trying my hardest to stay ahead. He started to catch up after Immortal Pilot had finished (which he usually did way ahead of everyone else). We still had 3 minutes of racing to do before the race would end.

Here's the incident. In the final half of a lap of the race, he was right behind me, and literally in the final couple of seconds going into mirabeau, he decided to dive bomb the hell out of me, hitting me to the side so he could steal 3rd place at the very last second. This infuriated me because I worked so hard to get 3rd place and had it taken away with a dirty pass in a way that would only happen in GT5. In real F1, once the leader finishes, the rest just finish their lap and that's it. I would've had 3rd easily if we did it that way but we didn't.

Lucky, I reported the incident and was given back 3rd place but it still was a nightmare. Not just because of what he did, but because of how well I was doing in that race. It is easily the best I have ever performed in any online race and I've done many and almost had it all soured because of one dirty driver. Luckily our league did enforce the rules.

Yes in the wonderful PC world we should never shame the lower life forms...
Knuckle heads are Knuckle heads but they will never know they are idiots if it isn't brought to their attention. Of course I doubt it really matters to most of them, they will wear as a badge of pride...

Yes in the wonderful PC world we should never shame the lower life forms...
Knuckle heads are Knuckle heads but they will never know they are idiots if it isn't brought to their attention. Of course I doubt it really matters to most of them, they will wear as a badge of pride...

Unfortunately I don't think there's even bandwidth on the forum to cope with naming them all :lol:

Last night I entered a public lobby with some good racing going on with gt3/gt500 and LM cars doing 16 lap races. I came in during lap 4 watched and waited patiently until the race was over. They loaded up a new track and i started practicing..they made fun of my name, called me insulting names and then kicked me for no reason. That stuff really hurts. I just wanted to race. why can't people just be nice and civil? I didn't say anything to them besides "hi" and did nothing wrong .

Also what's with people just getting on the mics and talking, talking and talking about nothing relevant and using the F word very other word. I just don't get it. "My real life car is a 🤬 Nissan GTR with 1500hp, I also have a viper and a 🤬 turbo zr1 , I'm so awesome , blah blah blah.." Yea right ,if you actually have those cars, why are you playing gran turismo on a Friday night online screaming into a Mic.

Last edited by a moderator:
why can't people just be nice and civil?
Because some people think that they are better than others. Whenever someone starts trash talking to me online I either type "OK" or just ignore it.

Last night I entered a public lobby with some good racing going on with gt3/gt500 and LM cars doing 16 lap races. I came in during lap 4 watched and waited patiently until the race was over. They loaded up a new track and i started practicing..they made fun of my name, called me insulting names and then kicked me for no reason. That stuff really hurts. I just wanted to race. why can't people just be nice and civil? I didn't say anything to them besides "hi" and did nothing wrong .

Also what's with people just getting on the mics and talking, talking and talking about nothing relevant and using the F word very other word. I just don't get it. "My real life car is a 🤬 Nissan GTR with 1500hp, I also have a viper and a 🤬 turbo zr1 , I'm so awesome , blah blah blah.." Yea right ,if you actually have those cars, why are you playing gran turismo on a Friday night online screaming into a Mic.
I usually ask them trivia about those cars to prove them wrong. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back