Your plans on Forza 4 launch date (10/11 for US, 10/14 for UK)

• Thread starter daspianist
  • 121 comments

Your plan for Forza release day:

• Forza what? The only driving game/sim I play is GT5!

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Meh - I guess I am somewhat curious. I may rent it.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I am buying it. But not on release day.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • I preordered the game / I am buying it on release day.

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • I am getting the $120 platimum edition... and, Im buying a pack of Red Bull, and calling in sick int

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters
Well, i managed to totally accidentally book holiday off work. Before a release date announced I was allocated a holiday from my entitlement last year I never took, release is 14th over here and my holiday starts on the 17th. Oh dear. No sleep for a week then.

Walk in to best buy(after work) walk out with fm4, play some Ps3 dark souls, eat, watch netflix, read my e-book, glance at FM4's case. Then realize I wasted half the night forgetting I need to install the 4 discs when I'm ready to play. :D

You have to buy them in game so there goes your hopes and dreams...

No, his dreams are not broken! In FM 3 you could drive any car online or in arcade mode, without owning it. When this wont change, he will be driving his dream car at day one. :dopey:

For me it would have been the 930 Turbo, it will be some BMW M car, which are still a joy. :guilty:

jabofu
No, his dreams are not broken! In FM 3 you could drive any car online or in arcade mode, without owning it. When this wont change, he will be driving his dream car at day one. :dopey:

For me it would have been the 930 Turbo, it will be some BMW M car, which are still a joy. :guilty:

Oh yea, free mode :embarrassed:

Custom public lobbies FTW!

I am waiting anxiously for Forza 4 now...

The time goes so slow... And I really wanna unwrap that shiny LCE now..... =/

Recover my Countach and test it whith the new physichs , tyres model , shaders and IBL :)

First I have to win some money :lol: , but is the first (super)car that i want to buy

The first supercar im gonna buy is the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG <3...

I simply love that car more then any car you can mention, besides '68 Dodge Charger and a '93 Mazda RX-7. :D
And when I have driven the SLS AMG in real life, you will know why I think so. ;)

Okay, I guess I have to change my plans :lol:

So, I re-purchased FM3 the other day because my girlfriend wanted something we could play together, and she's hooked now :lol:
Hence, I guess I'll earn some easy money and hook us up with two decent D or C class cars so we can continue our touge battles in FM4.

I just realized that I won't be playing it on release day. My shipment is not release day delivery :( Oh well, I will just hang here and see everyone's reactions.

Bogie 19th
I just realized that I won't be playing it on release day. My shipment is not release day delivery :( Oh well, I will just hang here and see everyone's reactions.

Don't feel too bad. I won't be able to play it until the weekend after release. I have Organic Chemistry, Physics, and Molecular Cell Biology mid-terms that week.... Ouch....

My shipment is from UK to Croatia, so no week one release for me, but at least i got LCE version. That week will be tough :ill:

My plan:
1. Wake up in the morning at 7am
2. Go downstairs and eat cereal
3. Leave for school
4. Come home
5. Remind dad to pick up LCE before he comes home for work
6. Insert discs into 360 and install
7. Play

(no rebecca black reference intended)

Will be out to get FM4 on release day, can't wait, unfortunately will be playing with my ancient MS wheel, Fanatec to come soon ;), when i can afford one..

Will also try to fit in time playing F1 2011, FIFA 12 and MW3 lol, tho I think most of my time will be divided between FM4 and MW3..bring it on!

My plan:
3. Leave for school
4. Come home
6. Insert discs into 360 and install
7. Play

Sorry but here's what's really gonna happen...

My plan:
3. Leave for school
4. Come home
6. Dad comes home and says "I'm not buying you LSD"
7. You scream "LCE LCE I said L C E, Forza"
8. Dad says "Listen here you ungrateful brat. Don't you cuss at me Forz U dammit"
9. You yell "I hate you , I hate you" and run to room
10. Dad laughs and said "I just save 60 bucks, well 50 actually"
11. Dad pulls out a cold six pack , sandwich and chips and watches game
12. You watch your friendslist explode with "....Playing Forza Motorsport 4: In career"
13. You cry to sleep

lol

Sadly while all you MoFo's are playing since the 10th I have to wait till 14th :( (no actual harm intended.... ok maybe some lol).

Luckily I have booked off the october school holiday week off (17th - 21st Oct) work as parents are off on holiday and I said i'd watch their dog ! However I will be working on release day but no biggie !

14th Oct 2011 (the following course of events are only applicable if I haven't received my LCE pre-order early *crosses fingers and toes*)
7:00 - Wake up
8:00 - Leave for work
8:30 - Arrive at work - sit on GTP reading about all you guys having such a great time on Forza like i will have been doing since the 10th :(
17:00 - Leave work
17:25 - Get home check for posted goods and rip open the envelope
17:29 - Fire up 360 proceed to install game (both discs) while browsing through the LCE book!!

Play for the rest of the night !!

I've got 3 copies preordered, LCE from Amazon and 2 standard copies I'll be picking up from Gamestop and Bestbuy on my way home from work on the 11th. If my Amazon copy doesn't arrive that day then I'll just be installing the games onto my 360s and maybe playing around with Autovista and my Kinect for the first evening.

Once I have all 3 copies in my possession I'm (literally) off to the races. I will be taking at least one day off to sit at home and get some one on one time with the game. No wife, no kids, just me and Forza.

I'll still be playing GT5.Which isn't a bad thing.

It's just i don't have the money to buy the game plus another wheel 👎

Well, for me is a regular day of work cuz the misses pregnancy is due the 26th, so, I gotta save my hours for that.... BUT, on the VERY bright side, I only cover for excess work that day. I shall duel at noon with FM4, and luckily, change my day off to the 12th, and keep the ballad of engines running for longer.

Like some of you already stated... I cant wait to free race the VIP carpack.... and go very fast on the Super Sport.... But what I really want to tune first in the career, is a SC300, and put a 2JZ in it.....(cue the 2 Jay Z and NASSS pic, lol)

In Norway the LCE costs $105....

And im happy with that, considering the GT5 Signature Edtition cost $315... LOL!

My plans will be:

1) Drool over the cover and insert the game into my 360 and install it (mean time, perhaps list through the Top Gear 100 page book)
2) Go through the entire car list and see what new monsters are available
3) Move my 360 into the computer room, hook up to the Internet and download the VIP monster car list and anything else that needs a code
4) Take the Audi RS2 Avant for a spin and just generally remain in a content daze for the rest of the day while I allow everything to sink in 👍

I'll have to wait until the Monday after since I'm visiting my sister in Castricum, Netherlands (sadly I can't bring any of Paulus's vegetables back with me).

Once it's set up I'll take a dip into the game, call my car mad PS3 owning buddy with the verdict and (provided it hasn't swallowed me whole) hit up this site for tuning tips. :)

Back