Your plans on Forza 4 launch date (10/11 for US, 10/14 for UK)

• Thread starter daspianist
  • 121 comments

Your plan for Forza release day:

• Forza what? The only driving game/sim I play is GT5!

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Meh - I guess I am somewhat curious. I may rent it.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I am buying it. But not on release day.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • I preordered the game / I am buying it on release day.

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • I am getting the $120 platimum edition... and, Im buying a pack of Red Bull, and calling in sick int

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters
My agenda is as follows...

• Between now and Oct 11: Check Amazon.com every day to see if they offer launch day delivery.
  • Oct 11, 9:00am: Log into my Amazon.com account and refresh the tracking info every 5 minutes. Swear under my breath, "That truck has been at the 🤬 Baltimore dispatch center for three and a half hours!"
  • Oct 11, 9:07am: Attempt to use my latent mental superpowers to will UPS to my doorstep right-the-eff-now.
  • Oct 11, 9:09am: Rummage through desk drawers to try to find tissues for my nose bleed.
  • Oct 11, 9:15am: Tracking info page refreshes resume in earnest.
  • Oct 11, 12:37pm: Replace the command and R keys on my keyboard. Continue refreshing.
  • Oct 11, 1:31pm: Walk past a Best Buy during lunch and consider buying an extra copy of Forza 4 "just in case".
  • Oct 11, 2:21pm: Read play impressions of people who stayed home to play Forza 4. Smack keyboard in envy and impotent rage.
  • Oct 11, 2:22pm: Replace JKL cluster on my keyboard. Promise myself to avoid further Forza 4 gameplay impressions.
  • Oct 11, 2:23pm: Log onto GTPlanet and ForzaCentral to read more gameplay impressions.
  • Oct 11, 2:57pm: Read first negative impressions of Forza 4. Hyperventilate! Wonder if it's too late to cancel the preorder.
  • Oct 11, 3:01pm: Log into Amazon.com to cancel my order. Tracking info shows UPS vehicle "Out for delivery." Guess I'm stuck with it now.
  • Oct 11, 3:05pm: I update the pushpins in my map, based on known Northern Virginia dispatch locations.
  • Oct 11, 3:17pm: I resume reading gameplay impressions, this time filtering out all but the biggest fanboy comments. Panic subsides.
  • Oct 11, 4:48pm: Finally! Amazon texts me that UPS has left Forza 4 LCE at my door!
  • Oct 11, 4:59pm: Chew fingernails nervously, wondering if a random passerby made off with my package.
  • Oct 11, 5:11pm: Call a friend to have him rescue my package. Hang up as soon as I remember he has a 360 too, and can't be trusted.
  • Oct 11, 5:12pm: Lie to friend about "butt dialing" him by mistake. He calls me a moron.
  • Oct 11, 5:26pm: Rush home to rescue my vulnerable Forza 4: LCE package.
  • Oct 11, 5:42pm: Get pulled over during the one section of the commute/slog home that has any open road. Receive an asinine speeding fine. I never get a warning. Ever.
  • Oct 11, 5:55pm: Hit more nasty DC traffic.
  • Oct 11, 7:15pm: Manage to roll another 1/4 mile. Consider ditching the car, except there's no place to hide it.
  • Oct 11, 8:51pm: Finally cross the Virginia border. Traffic is still brutal. News reports cite mouse-farts somewhere near Quantico as the cause.
  • Oct 11, 9:29pm: Try one of my secret alternate routes. It's closed for construction.
  • Oct 11, 9:40pm: Try another secret alternate route. Closed for construction.
  • Oct 11, 9:46pm: Launch my Navigon app to get traffic info. Men at Work sign loads instead of a map.
  • Oct 11, 11:11pm: Still stuck in construction traffic, but I did cover another 1/3 mile!
  • Oct 12, 2:50am: Another half mile covered. Rummage around the car to try to find materials to route exhaust gases back into the cabin. No luck.
  • Oct 12, 6:50am: Finally home! I see my wife's car parked in the driveway. I still see the Forza 4: LCE package sitting on the front steps. Awesome.
  • Oct 12, 6:51am: I insert disc 1 of Forza 4 and start installation. I haul my racing rig into the living room.
  • Oct 12, 6:59am: Installation has finished! I boot to the main menu of Forza 4 and...
  • Oct 12, 7:00am: Alarm goes off in the bedroom. Time to get ready for work. A part of me dies inside.

Well, I was planning on being in Bootcamp by the time the game launched. But I have to wait until March so I guess I better come up with something.

I'll probably take off that whole week(advantages of part time:D). When the day comes, I'm eating a big breakfast so I can go longer without stopping, driving up to Gamestop, grab my copy, drive home, get a few sodas in a mini-cooler, readjust everything on my Playseat for more comfort. Then I'll take out the game, install the second disc, and while that's loading I'll enter the download codes through the Xbox website. While all of that's downloading, I'll probably find some places for those stickers on my Xbox or Laptop, then I'll just stare at that book until the game loads. And then, I'll slowly and gently place the game in the tray, close it, sit back, and wait for the game to start.

Where I go from there, well, that's all up to what I find when the game starts up.

Last edited:
Well spec 2.0 has changed up the plans a bit.

Since GS doesn't open until 10am. I will get up as early as possible. I'm hoping it will be ready to go by say 7am so I will be downloading the update then.

After I will check out all the new additions until about 9:45am then it's off to GS to pick up FM4. While i'm on the way I will completely forget I even downloaded the spec 2 update since it really didn't make the game a ton better.

10am Go straight to the checkout counter and get my preordered LCE.

Go straight home.

Get home at about 10:05am providing I don't get pulled over for speeding.

Rip open the case and put it in the Xbox.

Install whats needed.

Drool over the intro which i'm still avoiding until that moment.

Go straight to the club section and setup the GTP Club and send out as many invites as possible before I have to leave for work at 11:15am.

Then I have to deal through an agonizing 8 hour work day on the forums wishing I was at home playing.

Get home at 8:40pm. Turn on the xbox, fire up the Fanatec and play until my eyes are bloodshot. đź‘Ť

Try an find all 360 an all the other bits for it . Its buried under a ton of stuff in a cuboard somewhere....................

I have Tuesday off PAID. So I plan to start transfering my vinyls from F3 to F4 right away. Then start entering those into my F4 storefront. After that probably work on the campaign to make some money and some cars.

Eventually play some rivals mode and some multiplayer with friends against the AI.

I have Tues/wed/ and Thursday off. I plan to go to BB on midnight for release and grab my LCE. I'm sure I will play til 6-7 in the morning with plenty of Mt. Dew and beef jerky and then sleep, wake up tuesday at 12 and go hard. Hopefully I don't burn up my GT2. :dopey:

- update GT5 to 2.0
- pick up LCE at BestBuy
- play play play
If that GT5 2.0 update is to convert all standard cars to premium then I might be playing both games that day. Otherwise GT5 will maintain its collection of dust from the last time I played it which was January or February. :lol:

In Norway the LCE costs $105....

And im happy with that, considering the GT5 Signature Edtition cost $315... LOL!
Yeah, but you earn twice as much as we do in sweden for example. In sweden i paid 640 kr for forza 4 lce, and that is roughly 70 euros, or, oh boy 100 US dollars. Hmm, that means the game is cheaper for you in norway because you earn more then we do, funny. And fm4 lce costs like 80 dollars in US, thats 57 euro, or 500 kr. Hmm, sweden is expensive man...

Yeah, but you earn twice as much as we do in sweden for example. In sweden i paid 640 kr for forza 4 lce, and that is roughly 70 euros, or, oh boy 100 US dollars. Hmm, that means the game is cheaper for you in norway because you earn more then we do, funny. And fm4 lce costs like 80 dollars in US, thats 57 euro, or 500 kr. Hmm, sweden is expensive man...

Ha, how come all norwegians go to Sweden to buy stuff???

Because it's cheaper there ;) At least food/drink-wise. Also, Norway got sky-high taxes on everything. Taxes on freight, taxes on the tax on the freight, and etc etc. Not to mention cars... Oh my... :nervous:
And we don't earn twice as much as you do... Hell, we would be rich if we did. ^^

But yeah, the nordic countries are alot more expensive then the rest of the world... :ouch:
And we always get release of games/movies etc like a millenium after everyone else. I wanna move far away from here, but I can't.. Cause I can't afford nothing -.-

I'm gonna play the hell out of it, that's what.

I only have until the 21st to play it for a long while, so I'm gonna try to get as much out of it as I can in that very short time.

Ha, how come all norwegians go to Sweden to buy stuff???

Because it's cheaper there ;) At least food/drink-wise. Also, Norway got sky-high taxes on everything. Taxes on freight, taxes on the tax on the freight, and etc etc. Not to mention cars... Oh my... :nervous:
And we don't earn twice as much as you do... Hell, we would be rich if we did. ^^

But yeah, the nordic countries are alot more expensive then the rest of the world... :ouch:
And we always get release of games/movies etc like a millenium after everyone else. I wanna move far away from here, but I can't.. Cause I can't afford nothing -.-
Okay not twice as much, but you do earn more than we do, thats why you come to sweden and shop because its cheaper. But for swedish people living in sweden, its not that cheap. Besides you get more swedish kr for your norwegian kr.

I am off work so I will spend the entire day racing! Awesome day for fans of both series, since I will be playing GT5 (with the new spec 2.0) and Forza 4.

mysticstryk
I am off work so I will spend the entire day racing! Awesome day for fans of both series, since I will be playing GT5 (with the new spec 2.0) and Forza 4.

And why not enjoy what both have to offer.
Haven't played GT in awhile. Forza doesn't release till the 14th here.
G27 support means that I will be definitely giving it a try out on the 11th.
After not playing for sometime I'm looking forward to my first impressions of what hopefully will feel like a new game again.

AI has seen a tweak too and who knows what else may have sneaked in.

I'm gonna be asking around the Gamestop to see if anyone's canceled their LCE copy...

Anyone know of any alternatives to getting the collector's edition? I literally missed out on pre-ordering the LCE by two days... so dumb.

I'm gonna be asking around the Gamestop to see if anyone's canceled their LCE copy...

Anyone know of any alternatives to getting the collector's edition? I literally missed out on pre-ordering the LCE by two days... so dumb.

Call and ask around over the weekend. There's bound to be some store selling it. Like Best Buy, Target, or Walmart. :)

And why not enjoy what both have to offer.
Haven't played GT in awhile. Forza doesn't release till the 14th here.
G27 support means that I will be definitely giving it a try out on the 11th.
After not playing for sometime I'm looking forward to my first impressions of what hopefully will feel like a new game again.

AI has seen a tweak too and who knows what else may have sneaked in.

I will be enjoying both. Immensely.

@Wardez

Try best buy. A lot of times they allow pre-orders right up to the launch date. If they don't, then they will usually have a lot extra to sell to walk ins.

Wardez

Ya I got a copy. $200.

Lol, thanks zOo, but no.
Want a CSR by launch day?

$400

No matter though guys, I found a different way. Should be able to get it from Gamestop when I go pick up the regular edition, talked to somebody I know that might pass on the LCE 'cause of "the economy."

Should be able to get it from Gamestop when I go pick up the regular edition, talked to somebody I know that might pass on the LCE 'cause of "the economy."

You mean we still have an economy? I thought we sold it at the White House yard sale last spring. Used the money to buy flashlights for the blind or something.....

Well spec 2.0 has changed up the plans a bit.

It did and it didn't for. I don't know what day my copy of FM will arrive from the shipping. So, that means that when Spec 2.0 comes out, I will check out all those new features until FM4 arrives.

I'll update GT5 to 2.0 while I start painting GTP-themed liveries in Forza 4 :) Spend too much time painting since my internet is slow and once GT5 update is done, I'll go race online with all you guys hopefully :D

Also, will be super angry looking at my G25 there not working yet again with a Forza game, thanks a lot Microsoft :(

Back