Your plans on Forza 4 launch date (10/11 for US, 10/14 for UK)

• Thread starter daspianist
  • 121 comments

Your plan for Forza release day:

• Forza what? The only driving game/sim I play is GT5!

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Meh - I guess I am somewhat curious. I may rent it.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I am buying it. But not on release day.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • I preordered the game / I am buying it on release day.

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • I am getting the $120 platimum edition... and, Im buying a pack of Red Bull, and calling in sick int

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters
McSoap-90
Ha, can't wait to use my G27 on Forza 4 :D That's gonna be awesome.

And before you ask, I used the XCM adapter that you can find online (ebay). It works on Forza 3 so. ;)
It will cost you yeah, but I think it's cheaper then buying a brand new wheel, at least with the prices in Norway!:ouch:

How are you liking the XCM?

McSoap-90
For me it's working pretty good... ;)

A bit hard to get it to work with the updates and stuff, but definitely worth it. :sly:

How is force feedback? Is there any input lag? I really considered purchasing one a while back, as you said it is much cheaper than buying a second/replacement cross platform wheel, but I read reviews that were not favorable...

How is force feedback? Is there any input lag? I really considered purchasing one a while back, as you said it is much cheaper than buying a second/replacement cross platform wheel, but I read reviews that were not favorable...

How is the Force feedback?

Force Feedback is working nicely, though Forza's, ehh, stearing system is different then GT's...

It's different, at least for me, going from GT5 with wheel to Forza 3 with wheel if you know what I mean. Been a long time now since I last played GT5 with wheel so I can't really remember.

But you'll get used to it.

As for the reviews not favorable for it, I think their wrong. But of course it might not work for everyone or maybe someone didn't set up their XCM correctly. Lot's of guides on youtube.

Hoped that helped, might have sounded confusing but the feedback is working. ;)

However, I will not promise anyone that it will work with Forza 4. Only time will tell but I guess the guys developing the XCM will update it if needed.

Now, im going to bed, had a few to much I think. 2AM and all.. :odd:

I don't have an Xbox so I'm not going to get it. Curious to how good it would be though. Hopefully I can play it with a wheel sometime.👍

Force Feedback is working nicely, though Forza's, ehh, stearing system is different then GT's...

It's different, at least for me, going from GT5 with wheel to Forza 3 with wheel if you know what I mean. Been a long time now since I last played GT5 with wheel so I can't really remember.

But you'll get used to it.

As for the reviews not favorable for it, I think their wrong. But of course it might not work for everyone or maybe someone didn't set up their XCM correctly. Lot's of guides on youtube.

Hoped that helped, might have sounded confusing but the feedback is working. ;)

However, I will not promise anyone that it will work with Forza 4. Only time will tell but I guess the guys developing the XCM will update it if needed.

Now, im going to bed, had a few to much I think. 2AM and all.. :odd:

Have you ever played an Xbox racing game with a native 360 wheel? Reason I ask is what you're experiencing may not be what you should be experiencing. I looked at one video of the XCM in use and it just looked bad. It definitely wasn't what I experience with my Fanatec neither with the Microsoft wireless wheel when I had it.

I sold my Xbox 360 and Forza 3 to get a PS3 and GT5 but now I have to kick it into overtime if I want to buy yet another Xbox 360 and Forza 4. :(

Have you ever played an Xbox racing game with a native 360 wheel?
Nope, I have not and I am not going to either.

Reason I ask is what you're experiencing may not be what you should be experiencing. I looked at one video of the XCM in use and it just looked bad. It definitely wasn't what I experience with my Fanatec neither with the Microsoft wireless wheel when I had it.
You're right... I don't know the difference between a Fanatec wheel and a G27 on Xbox/Forza 3.

Im just saying that G27 works with XCM and the force feedback works aswell...

Can only hope that Xbox will start supporting Logitech wheels soon.

Can only hope that Xbox will start supporting Logitech wheels soon.
Yeah it would be nice if Logitech started supporting Xbox so we can get that 3 motor support that the 360 requires for that added feedback to the user. ;)

Yeah it would be nice if Logitech started supporting Xbox so we can get that 3 motor support that the 360 requires for that added feedback to the user. ;)

Indeed it would. Cause I really like using the G27 and with full support it would be totally awesome.

Indeed it would. Cause I really like using the G27 and with full support it would be totally awesome.

The problem is even with full support the G27 is physically incapable of doing some of the things the Fanatec and even the Microsoft wireless wheel is capable of doing. The G27 tries to replicate all feedback/vibration and force feedback through the main motor. The Fanatec/MWW has multiple motors who's jobs are to do different things to relay info to the user. It really does make a difference, to me at least. It makes the wheel feel more "alive". But you'd really only get that on a 360 game that utilizes all the motors. When I used the Fanatec on the PS3 with GT5 it felt as hollow as when I used the G27 unfortunately. That's because, despite my greatest hopes, the PS3 and/or GT5 doesn't recognize those additional motors (I kinda figure it wouldn't but I had hope that it would because of all the talk about how Kaz was some kind of perfectionist , thought for sure he would make sure he'd get the most out of all the wheels at least recent ones, that would be used for his game)

I guess it's one of those things where every wheel I bought has had it and I took it for granted. Then when I got the G27 I was like "WTF is this crap? Why is the wheel dead? Must be broken". Didn't realize what the deal was until I did my research.

I will be at my local Game Stop at 8 A.M. with the other True Believers to pick up my already paid for Limited Edition. Amazon dropped the ball with no release day delivery.

I regularly switch between Xbox, PC and PS3 so I use a Fanatec GT2 for all 3. With the Club Sport pedals it is light years better than my G25. For me it is worth every penny.

I will be at my local Game Stop at 8 A.M. with the other True Believers to pick up my already paid for Limited Edition. Amazon dropped the ball with no release day delivery.

I regularly switch between Xbox, PC and PS3 so I use a Fanatec GT2 for all 3. With the Club Sport pedals it is light years better than my G25. For me it is worth every penny.

Your local GameStop opens at 8am???

I'll be playing Assault Horizon.

As for FM4, I will not buy it, but rather give it a try and also check the career mode, if both things work as they should, I will buy it, but if they don't, then I wont buy it, it looks promising, by looking at some gameplay they seemed to address some of the issues with the weight transfer and car suspension, if both things are fixed, and the game follows FM2 roots instead of FM3's I will buy it.

I'm not convince by either Autovista or the advertising, "Hollywood style" doesn't sound too "simulation" to me, but I will check it out anyway.

All of the locations near me open at 10am.

The Best Buy near where I live is open 24 hours.

If Forza 4 doesn't drum up that big of a deal at the store (and as such, the sales associates do not know about the 12 midnight release), I may just try get the game from the store in the evening prior . :)

I'll be picking up my copy on the way home from school (hopefully I don't have a lot of homework or studying to do). 👍

Xavier2342
I'll be picking up my copy on the way home from school (hopefully I don't have a lot of homework or studying to do). 👍

School, bloody hell son. Bunk off or pull a sickie.

I recommend Ferris Buellers Day off, for your viewing pleasure.

I'm in a jam. My Mrs birthday is on the 15th and shes booked us a weekend away.

No I'm not watching Psycho, before any smart arse comments come back.

Spagetti69

"Happy Birthday sweetheart. I got you Forza Motorsport 4; it's suppose to have a great love story."

II-zOoLoGy-II
"Happy Birthday sweetheart. I got you Forza Motorsport 4; it's suppose to have a great love story."

Er actually my birthday is on the 6th and she's buying it for me lol.

It's all good. Got my sick booked in for the next week. 8^).

lol... We'll see what happens :sly:

Whats the $120 platinum edition????

There is not a $120.00 option. Not sure why thats in the vote menu. The most expensive option is the LCE for $79.00.

The first thing I am going to do when F4 comes out is to see how much of the vinyls truly transfer over from F3 to F4 and get those into my F4 storefront right away. After that probably play the career a little to get some money. Then check out the Autovista. After that probably play some multiplayer with friends and bots to check out the 16 players on the screen at once. 👍

5:30AM: Wake up.
5:45AM: Shower
6:30AM: Drive to work.
7:00AM: Work.
11:30AM: Lunch.
3:30PM: Leave work, Drive to GameStop.
4:00PM: Arrive at Gamestop, pick up my Preordered LCE.
4:10PM: Leave GameStop, Drive home.
4:20PM: Bootup game, intsall all LCE content, then Play Forza4.
7:00PM: Eat dinner.
7:30PM: Continue playing Forza4
11:00PM: Go to sleep.

Back