Turn 10 and Playground Games have treated Forza Horizon 3 players to a much longer set of Forzathon challenges this week. In celebration of Gamescom kicking off in Cologne, the event offers a handful of new items.
Chief amongst these prizes is the Porsche 928 GTS. The V8-engined GT car is new to the Forza franchise (though we heard about it months ago). Putting down 345hp, it has the sort of long-legged pace that makes it an ideal partner in the Outback.
The 928 is joined by one of the final Porsches left in the XB1-era Forza stable — the 914/6. It could hardly be more different than its big brother, with a 2.0-liter flat-six slung low in the middle. Volkswagen co-developed the car with Porsche: the 914 joins the Meyers Manx as the closest thing to an actual VW in FH3.
Both cars are VIP exclusive prizes this week. If you don’t have the badge, don’t feel bad: there’s a workaround for non-VIP players to win the cars.
Simply find another player that does have VIP (check our forums), and ask them to create a Co-Op session. When they create a race, the VIP player can Blueprint an event that allows any of the five VIP cars:
- 2015 Ferrari F12tdf
- 2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351
- 2016 Koenigsegg Regera
- 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
- 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020
Once the race is set up, you can use a rental to complete it. If the VIP is feeling particularly generous, they’ll even let you win: that’ll be both Porsches in one go.
We’ve listed the rest of this week’s challenges below:
- Heating Up – Win a Race in a Super Hot Hatch to win the Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Horizon Edition
- Automotive Royalty – VIP Exclusive – Win a Race in a VIP car to win the Porsche 914/6
- Neck And Neck – Complete 5 Head-to-Head Races to receive 35,000 CR
- Velvet Ropes – VIP Exclusive – Complete a Co-Op event in a VIP car to win the Porsche 928 GTS
As ever, make sure to pop by our FH3 August Forzathon thread for all the latest tips and tricks for this week’s set of events.