The latest Gran Turismo 5 update, version 2.03, weighs in at 225MB and is currently going live around the world. 2.03’s new features were leaked, but have now been officially confirmed by Polyphony Digital:
- 12 new My Home theme colors and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game. Please find these from the [My Home Settings]-[My Home Design] menu on the left side of the screen.
- Tire wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec, to prevent tires from wearing out completely during long races.
- Regenerative braking (which recovers energy by converting kinetic energy into electricity) in electric cars have been made stronger to extend driving distance.
- Electric cars will now also creep forward (as in standard automatic cars) when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
- Regarding the Chaparral 2J race car’s performance points, the increased performance factor due to the downforce produced by the fan is now calculated.
- A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.
GT5‘s “Car Pack 3” and “Speed Test Course Pack” DLC will become available in the PlayStation Store on January 17th, according to the latest announcement. Here’s a look at the detailed statistics for each new vehicle, thanks to GTPlanet member “EliteDreamer”:
- Nissan Leaf G ’11 / 40,600 Credits / 107 HP / 1520 KG / 333 PP
- Mini Cooper S Countryman ’11 / 34,500 Credits / 181 HP / 1310 KG / 390 PP
- Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car ’88 / 4,750,00 Credits / 749 HP / 894 KG / 709 PP
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 ’11 / 400,000 Credits / 690 HP / 1575 KG / 583 PP
- Volkswagen 1200 ’66 / 60,000 Credits / 33 HP / 1160 KG / 216 PP
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage ’10 / 217,350 Credits / 509 HP / 1680 KG / 521 PP
New Seasonal Events have also become available, which include the following races:
- 400PP Rome City / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.185,600 2nd: Cr.113,000 3rd: Cr.99,300
- 500PP Tokyo Route 246 / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.303,000 2nd: Cr.184,200 3rd: Cr.161,800
- 650PP Madrid City / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.427,200 2nd: Cr.260,000 3rd: Cr.228,500