Racing oils. There’s a few to choose from. Not in the current competition though; it’s all about Castrol. But before you check it out, have a look at the poll from the last competition: 27 entries of fine replicas for you to vote for.
LEC 13 Poll Now Open
Replicas and original work were discussed in the last competition. it’s only fair to let you know that this round is all about replicas! Now that we’ve gotten a few more cars to play with, who knows what to expect! let’s hear what TYLER2013 has to say:
“As a huge fan of replicas of real cars brought to GT Sport. I had the idea to challenge everyone to recreate any replica and bring it to GTS. It can be anything from basic special editions of stock cars, past Gran Turismo classics to world famous race cars or movie cars. Cars must be a replica, name of the car or where it appears is a must.”
As usual with rounds with over 20 entries, you have three votes. Head over and take your pick:
This Fortnight’s Theme
Castrol. Who doesn’t have a favorite livery in mind when you hear that word? I know I do. Tom’s Supra anyone? This fortnight Cytoria has brought us an interesting imaginative story to get you inspired too, let’s hear:
“If the LEC #13 was about copying something real, this week’s theme is more about creativity and freedom. I’ve also chosen the Gr.4 class cars because they were the less represented in the previous competitions (Blitz’s NSX from LEC #01 is the only winning Gr.4 car yet).
«I’m a marketing director and I work for Castrol Competition Service. This year, we’ve got the budget to sponsor one team in an international touring car series. We can’t afford a full season in the FIA WEC or another high-end championship, so we’d rather focus on smaller classes. Over the years, Castrol sponsored a lot of teams, with very various designs. Now we want to choose the team which shows the best our identity and involvement in motorsports.»”
CARS: Gr.4 cars only.
LIVERIES: Original creations are highly encouraged, but I won’t disqualify a livery inspired by an existing Castrol livery.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed.
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko or White Sands 01/09 for the main pics.
– Castrol has to be the main sponsor of the car, but it may not be the only sponsor if you wish so.
– As the theme takes place in the present and with modern cars, only the current Castrol logo is allowed. You can still play with it (text only, round shape only, etc…) but you can’t use older versions of the logo.
– All Gr.4 cars are allowed.
– The livery must be Sport Mode friendly. You can use your own number plate or none, but the livery must be compatible with the « Type 1 » GT plate.
– No need to design a suit or helmet.
– Presentation: two main pics from the mandatory locations (see settings in the spoiler below), and one bonus shot with no restrictions.
How To Enter
Want to enter any of the GTPlanet Livery Editor Competitions? You’ll need to become a member of our forums first — you can sign up here.
Next, you’ll want to submit your image. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get your image ready for the submission. Once you’ve done that, post the FINAL ENTRY in this fortnight’s associated forum thread. That’s it!
Featured image courtesy of Cytoria.