First there was London. Then, Nürburgring. This weekend, GT Sport will be showcased for the third time, in its native country. We covered the details of the event yesterday, but here’s a quick refresher of who will be there:
- Kazunori Yamauchi – producer of the “Gran Turismo” series.
- Ukyo Katayama – former Formula 1 driver and current Super GT team director.
- Jann Mardenborough – GT Academy winner and LMP1 racer for Nissan.
- Futoshi Omura – Junior Go-Kart racer.
- Koosamu Omura – Junior Go-Kart racer.
- Takuya Takahashi – Winner of the FIA Gran Turismo championship pre-season test.
- Tomilin Isamuyu – Winner of the FIA Gran Turismo championship pre-season test.
- Kendo Kobayashi – a rising talent in Motorsport.
- Akiyoshi Nakao – a rising talent in Motorsport.
The 90-minute presentation is set to include another exhibition tournament. Wrapping up at 12:45 local time, the Japanese public will then get a chance to try GT Sport out for the first time. From 14:00 to 17:00 local time, interested parties are to head to the Shibuya Hikarie, though Polyphony suggests arriving at least 30 minutes early to guarantee a spot.
With talk of Polyphony receiving new builds in London every day, it’s possible we may see something new come out of Japan. If not, E3 is less than two weeks away…