7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Shaggy_Alonso

There are only 3 main criteria that need be fulfilled in order to enter the championship:

A: All entrants must be registered members of GTPlanet.net

B: All entrants must be committed to clean and fair racing, and adhere to the rules and guidelines laid out in both the AUP and OLR

C: All entrants must be confident that they will be able to attend the vast majority of races on the 19 race calender. Should you not be able to, you should consider opting out so as to not occupy a slot that somebody else would like.

Event Organiser:

Shaggy Alonso

(The organiser should be contacted for anything relating to the championship)

Race Conditions:

Qualifying - On
Race Distance - 50%
Weather - Dynamic
Rules and Flags - Reduced
Tyre Simulation - On
Fuel Simulation - On
Collisions - On
Damage - Full
Car Performance - Equal

Assist Restrictions:

Braking Assist - Banned
ABS - Banned
Traction Control - Banned
Transmission - Manual / Automatic
Racing Line - Allowed
Pit Limiter - Restricted to Manual
Pit Box Control - Restricted to Manual

Driver Roster

Shaggy Alonso - (PSN ID - Shaggy_Alonso) - McLaren
Mutu20 – (PSN ID - Internet_User) – Sauber
tombrooks97 - (PSN ID - tombrooks97) - Williams
pj-gm – (PSN ID - pj-gm) – Renault
pipeslice - (PSN ID - pipeslice) - Red Bull
DarkPSI - (PSN ID - DarkPSI84) - HRT
Ardius - (PSN ID - Ardius_) - Force India
Baumi27 - (PSN ID - Baumi27) - Virgin
kcheeb - (PSN ID - kcheeb) - Ferrari
AliT12 - (PSN ID - Ali_T) - Toro Rosso
Paulzx - (PSN ID - Paulzx) - Lotus
DonkeyFuzz - (PSN ID - Nev-Nev-22) - Mercedes

Reserves:
Akmuq – (PSN ID - GTP_akmuq)
HamiltonMad8 - (PSN ID - bigbadabom1)

Team line-ups:

Benetton:
DarkPSI
Paulzx

Brabham:
pj-gm
AliT12

Brawn:
Baumi27
Ardius

Hesketh:
kcheeb
DonkeyFuzz
HamiltonMad8
(reserve driver)

Jordan:
tombrooks97
pipeslice

Tyrrell:
Shaggy Alonso
Mutu20

Reserve Driver Information:​

The 'reserve' drivers will be on-call for whenever a 'race' driver cannot make it to a race. Each reserve driver belongs to a specific team, and can only stand in for their team mates. Their points will contribute towards both their team and also themselves in the drivers' championship.

It is the responsibility of the teams to sort out internally whenever a race driver cannot make it to an event. Therefore it is encouraged that team mates become acquainted with one another and are in frequent contact to ensure that their reserve driver is informed whenever a race driver cannot attend a race. This is not the responsibility of the championship organisers to organise the driver line ups whenever this happens, although they are always there to help.

In the event of a race driver having to pull out of the series proper, that team's reserve driver will be offered the race seat to replace him.​

Championship Specific Rules, Regulations and Guidelines:

Points System:

This championship will use the current F1 points system:

Win. 25 pts
2nd. 18 pts
3rd. 15 pts
4th. 12 pts
5th. 10 pts
6th. 8 pts
7th. 6 pts
8th. 4 pts
9th. 2 pts
10th. 1 pt

However, on top of this, points will be awarded for qualifying also. This will be done based on the previous points scoring system:

Pole. 10 pts
2nd. 8 pts
3rd. 6 pts
4th. 5 pts
5th. 4 pts
6th. 3 pts
7th. 2 pts
8th. 1 pts

Lobby rules:

The scheduled time for the event is when it is expected that each participant is in the lobby by and ready to begin the race. Invites will be sent out approximately 5 minutes before this time. Depending on circumstances, 5-10 minutes grace will be given should any participant be delayed that has forewarned us of this.

If the session has got under way on time but a late comer wishes to join, provided we are no more than 5 minutes into the qualifying session, the game will be restarted so that they may enter.

Along with the race invites, invites to a dedicated chat room will also be sent. Each member is expected to join this. People who have microphones/headsets are encouraged to use them, although once the race is under way, they should be set to mute while not speaking.

Each entrant is expected to behave competently in qualifying. Great care must be taken by those on their out-lap or in-laps, so that they do not impede anyone on a flying lap. If a car on a hot-lap is close behind you, you are expected to move clearly off the racing line for them, and even off track if necessary.

Holding station at the final corner of the out-lap so as to create space ahead of you is permitted, so long as it does not disrupt anyone's lap behind you. You must not overtake a car which is doing this unless you yourself are on a flying lap. Otherwise, you should wait your turn.

Anyone who destroys their car during qualifying, purposefully or accidentally, will automatically receive a 10 second time penalty added on to their race time. This is to avoid the tactic of purposefully binning your car so as to start the race on a fresh set of tyres. The one exception to this rule is if the driver has not registered a qualifying time when this happens.

In the event of the lobby crashing on race start, the host will recreate a new lobby, set it to race only and grid order to random. Because of obvious time constraints, qualifying will not be repeated but the points allocation from the original qualifying session will still stand.

Most of these are outlined in the OLR, but I would like to reiterate some of the key points;

F1 is a non-contact sport. While it is impossible to go a whole season avoiding contact with anyone, the greatest effort should be made to race cleanly and above all, fairly. If this isn't at the forefront of your mind, you do not belong in this championship.

In the event of accidentally crashing into/spinning a competitor, you are expected to wait for them to re-pass. Failure to do so will result in a warning and repeated warnings can result in exclusion.

On occasion, it is not always the fault of the car behind for a crash. Weaving by the leading car is strictly prohibited and once they have committed to a line they are expected to stay there for the braking zone.

Drivers being lapped are expected to slow down and not deviate from their current line so as to avoid confusion. The car coming through is expected to 'overtake' the lapped car. This is the opposite procedure of letting people through who are on flying laps in qualifying by going off the racing line. Please do not confuse the two.

Unfortunately, with rules set to reduced, this means the blue flag won't be in effect. This means it's important for drivers further down the field to be wary of who they're racing and who they're not. The use of microphones in this situation is advised if possible.

The Championship Tables (Season completed):

Drivers Championship

1st. Shaggy Alonso - 587 pts
2nd. DarkPSI - 429 pts
3rd. Baumi27 - 330 pts
4th. Pipeslice - 325 pts
5th. Mutu20 - 208 pts
6th. Ardius - 143 pts
7th. kcheeb - 108 pts
8th. pj-gm - 81 pts
9th. Tombrooks97 - 71 pts
10th. AliT12 - 57 pts
11th. MikeTheHockeyFan - 44 pts
12th. Upuaut - 36 pts
13th. NumbPhase - 34 pts
14th. DOUQA - 19 pts
15th. Paulzx - 16 pts
16th. Jerry786 - 12 pts
17th. Saidur - 9 pts
18th. Jcm - 5 pts
19th. Shark33 - 3 pts
20th. Muzza_ORUK - 3 pts
21st. Manios22DC - 2 pts
22nd. jordy7777 - 2 pts
23rd. DonkeyFuzz - 2 pts
24th. Akmuq - 1 pts

Teams Championship

1st. Tyrrell - 796 pts - Shaggy Alonso, Mutu20, Akmuq
2nd. Benetton - 489 pts - DarkPSI, MikeTheHockeyFan, Paulzx
3rd. Brawn - 475 pts - Baumi27, Manios22DC, Ardius
4th. Jordan - 411 pts - Tombrooks97, Pipeslice, Jerry786, Shark33
5th. Brabham - 179 pts - Upuaut, AliT12, pj-gm, Jcm
6th. Hesketh - 177 pts - kcheeb, NumbPhase, DOUQA, jordy7777, DonkeyFuzz, Muzza_ORUK, Saidur

Race Reports:

Round 1 - Bahrain
Round 2 - Australia
Round 3 - Malaysia
Round 4 - China
Round 5 - Spain
Round 6 - Monaco
Round 7 - Turkey
Round 8 - Canada
Round 9 - Europe
Round 10 - Great Britain
Round 11 - Germany
Round 12 - Hungary
Round 13 - Belgium
Round 14 - Italy
Round 15 - Singapore
Round 16 - Japan
Round 17 - Korea
Round 18 - Brazil
Round 19 - Abu Dhabi

Shaggy's Supergrid

This is the average deficit to pole position over the course of the season for each driver:

1st- Shaggy Alonso +0.049s

2nd. - Pipeslice +0.636s

3rd- DarkPSI +0.729s

4th. - DOUQA +1.171s

5th- Baumi27 +1.451s

6th. - Mutu20 +1.750s

7th- NumbPhase +2.383s

8th. - Muzza_ORUK +2.802s

9th- Saidur +2.971s

10th. - Ardius +3.131s

11th- pj-gm +3.265s

12th. - Paulzx +3.720s

13th- MikeTheHockeyFan +4.551s

14th. - Ali T +4.598s

15th- Shark33 +4.740s

16th. - Jcm +4.805s

17th- Tombrooks97 +4.819s

18th. - Jerry786 +4.832s

19th- DonkeyFuzz +5.169s

20th. - Akmuq +5.272s

21st- kcheeb +5.645s

22nd. - Manios22DC +6.523s

23rd- Upuaut +7.347s

24th. - jordy7777 +7.685s

Participant Guidelines, Hints and Tips:

In order to ensure clean racing, it is recommended that drivers have at least the mini-map, proximity arrows and driver tags all switched on.

Participants are expected to contribute to this thread in some shape or form. You are very much encouraged to write up your own race reports, or even better, video your race.

Above all though, the most important thing is that everyone enjoys the championship. Although I expect it to be highly competitive, it should primarily be about having fun 👍

Let the racing commence!

Last edited:
I suppose my best way of doing things is go to Suzuka where I could do like a 1:29 Or something and just keep driving. Or Melbourne. By far my two best tracks in F1 2010.

Hello All!

I'm very excited and motivated to racing with You all in F1. Thanks Shaggy Alonso for invite 👍 My driving style is clean and fair. I'm not using any aids and play on DFGT. See You on the track :)

Hello All!

I'm very excited and motivated to racing with You all in F1. Thanks Shaggy Alonso for invite 👍 My driving style is clean and fair. I'm not using any aids and play on DFGT. See You on the track :)

Hey upuaut, thanks for posting. I sent you a message on PSN. Your friends list is full and I can't add you as a friend. You are require to be friends with everyone competing in the championship so it looks like you'll have to delete a few, if that's ok. Let me know when you have 👍

Hey upuaut, thanks for posting. I sent you a message on PSN. Your friends list is full and I can't add you as a friend. You are require to be friends with everyone competing in the championship so it looks like you'll have to delete a few, is this ok?

No problem. I can say goodbye with a few :sly: Today I do some maintenance on PSN.

I'm not going to take part this time but I'm surprised you don't allow ABS but you allow the biggest aid of them all the racing line!

I'm not going to take part this time but I'm surprised you don't allow ABS but you allow the biggest aid of them all the racing line!

The thinking behind this is that having ABS switched on is a clear advantage, whereas the racing line is not, for if you rely on the racing line you're clearly not getting the most out of the track. And seeing as it gives no real performance advantage, we have allowed it as it may at least help drivers to race more consistently and less dangerously should they require it. I expect few if any to use it, but it's there if anyone needs it.

Hi everyone, can't wait to get started on this. Thanks to Shaggy and DonkeyFuzz for organising it all, I'm glad I'll be able to make it.

Looking forward to racing you all.👍

Hello All,

thanks to Shaggy and DonkeyFuzz who are organising a really nice championship (no abs, no tc) qualification points etc. The Entry Post is really atmospheric and i can hear the engines already! I'm looking forward to a fair and competitive season with a lot of exciting races.

Best regards

DarkPSI84

Thanks to everyone who's signed up to the championship so far. I'm really looking forward to racing against you all in some clean, close racing.

hey i will join psn cjh1122 thabks for organizing this

And then there were 12........ :)

CJ, you're more than welcome to join, however I would suggest that you read through the OP carefully in case you haven't already done so. If you're sure, I'll reserve you a spot, however it comes with a caveat - i'm afraid the only car left is the Force India. Occasionally with the Force India, a bug occurs where your car crawls through the pit lane at very slow speed. I'm not sure what triggers it, or which tracks it happens on, or if it's completely random but it will more than likely happen to you. Please confirm if this is ok and that you've read through the rules and guidelines carefully.

Hello All,

thanks to Shaggy and DonkeyFuzz who are organising a really nice championship (no abs, no tc) qualification points etc. The Entry Post is really atmospheric and i can hear the engines already! I'm looking forward to a fair and competitive season with a lot of exciting races.

Best regards

DarkPSI84

You're very welcome Dark, GTPlanet had been itching for this to happen for a while now and i'm glad that it's finally happening.

So that's a full house then, 12 entrants. The only one who isn't registered with GTP yet is Baumi27, he will be in the Virgin. I will send him a message telling him to get registered pronto.

And then there were 12........ :)

CJ, you're more than welcome to join, however I would suggest that you read through the OP carefully in case you haven't already done so. If you're sure, I'll reserve you a spot, however it comes with a caveat - i'm afraid the only car left is the Force India. Occasionally with the Force India, a bug occurs where your car crawls through the pit lane at very slow speed. I'm not sure what triggers it, or which tracks it happens on, or if it's completely random but it will more than likely happen to you. Please confirm if this is ok and that you've read through the rules and guidelines carefully.

Yeah Force India is ok and i have read the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and i am reading the Acceptable use policy right now.

Thanks

OK, I should explain that along with the drivers championship, we're bringing back the team's championship that existed in seasons 1-5 of this series. This means we will all be paired off into six teams of two, naturally. The team names will be;

Benetton
Brabham
Brawn
Hesketh
Jordan
Tyrrell

I've decided to let us decide amongst ourselves which teams we would like to be in. Quite appropriately, there are 2 Irish (apart from me), 2 Polish and 2 German members, so my guess is that these guys would like to be in teams together, but it's only a suggestion as you can team up with whoever you like.

I have already teamed up with Mutu20 and we shall form Tyrrell Racing tm

Nev, (DonkeyFuzz) is going to be part of Benetton. He needs a team mate.

I'm guessing the other two micks, Jamie-C and Akmuq would like first dibs at Jordan :sly:

It's all up to you people, so sort it out amongst yourselves and let either myself or Nev know what the teams are, or just post on this thread which we'll be checking frequently.

OK, I should explain that along with the drivers championship, we're bringing back the team's championship that existed in seasons 1-5 of this series. This means we will all be paired off into six teams of two, naturally. The team names will be;

Benetton
Brabham
Brawn
Hesketh
Jordan
Tyrrell

I've decided to let us decide amongst ourselves which teams we would like to be in. Quite appropriately, there are 2 Irish (apart from me), 2 Polish and 2 German members, so my guess is that these guys would like to be in teams together, but it's only a suggestion as you can team up with whoever you like.

I have already teamed up with Mutu20 and we shall form Tyrrell Racing tm

Nev, (DonkeyFuzz) is going to be part of Benetton. He needs a team mate.

I'm guessing the other two micks, Jamie-C and Akmuq would like first dibs at Jordan :sly:

It's all up to you people, so sort it out amongst yourselves and let either myself or Nev know what the teams are, or just post on this thread which we'll be checking frequently.

Can i be in Team Brawn please or if i can't go with them can i go with DonkeyFuzz if he wants me?

YESSSS!!!! I was disappointed when the last league I was involved in came to end, which resulted in me no longer playing F1. When I heard about this being set it was straight back in my playstation, forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Can't wait to get back into a regular series of this game!

Thanks to the organisers 👍

Is there any way I could take part? clean and fair racing only :)

Wow, this seems very popular indeed. I was away from computer for a couple of hours and everything happens.

Is there any way I could take part? clean and fair racing only :)

I think all the 12 spaces are now occupied, however, we'll put you down as a reserve incase someone doesn't turn up on the night. Looks like team mates are running out, but I don't mind who I'm partnered with at Benetton.

I could move the records over, but they'd need to be updated, which I'll gladly do since Shaggy has done the most part with the teams and putting the rules together :) Akmuq, anyone can be in the record book :D

Back