All fans of driving games should be aware of this by now, but today marks the start of a most unique race. A seat in the Dubai 24 Hours has been the ultimate prize in all GT Academy events to date but today, for the first time, the car is driven exclusively by GT Academy alumni – with 2011 winners Bryan Heitkotter and Jann Mardenborough joining Jordan Tresson and Lucas Ordoñez behind the wheel of the RJN Motorsports Nissan 370Z.
The team qualified in 4th in their SP2 class yesterday, with a best laptime of 2’10.850 and go into today’s race at 10.00 GMT (14.00 local) in 36th place on the overall grid. Fans of GT Academy might also like to keep their eyes out for the #12 AUH Motorsports Ferrari 458 (A6), driven by GT Academy judge Rob Barff and the #32 JRM Nissan GT-R GT3 (A6), driven by GT Academy and Signatech Nissan codrivers Alex Buncombe and Franck Mailleux.
Facts & Guides
- Car Number: 100
- Class: SP2
- Team Name: RJN Motorsports
- Drivers: Lucas Ordoñez, Jordan Tresson, Bryan Heitkotter, Jann Mardenborough
- Starting Time: 10:00AM UTC/GMT (convert to your local time here)
- Race coverage, including live timing, on 24hrseries.com.
- Live YouTube stream of the whole race.
- MotorsTV’s broadcast schedule.
- Radiolemans‘ live radio broadcast.
Live Video Stream
- Join the discussion in the 2012 Dubai 24 Hours thread in the GTPlanet Forums.