Kunos Simulazioni have released the first console patch for Assetto Corsa nearly a month after release. The patch addresses a number of issues brought to light by the community, and is now available on the PlayStation 4.
To compound the improvements introduced in the update, console players are given additional pieces of content at no additional cost: Black Cat County and the Maserati Levante S.
Loosely based on the American South, Black Cat County will be available in three configurations and offers players the feeling of driving on an open road. The Maserati Levante S on the other hand, while appearing to be a bit of an outcast, is anything but. The first SUV introduced into the game, it is surprisingly agile for its weight and can attack corners with the best of them.
The complete rundown of everything included in the 1.03 update is as follows:
• Framerate is now smoother.
• Screen tearing issues have now been resolved.
• Players will now be able to select their starting position in the race options screen. • Gamepad algorithms have been improved, resulting in better handling.
• On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will now recognize the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ button in the start screen.
• A ‘Reset to Default’ option has now been added that resets the gamepad settings to recommended values.
• Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
• A new option has been added which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to a degree of their choice.
• 2 additional difficulty levels have been added – ‘Very Easy’ and ‘Very Hard’.
• AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
• Algorithms have been improved.
FREE BONUS CONTENT!
• The Black Cat County track is now available as part of Update v 1.03: Get ready to enjoy its three different configurations: Long, Short and Intermediate!
• This fictional scenery comes with a bonus FREE car model, the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV! This is a great chance to enjoy the advanced physics level of the simulation with a different kind of vehicle.
• The latest update introduces a new technical partnership with SPARCO, an Italian company that designs, produces and sells motorsport safety equipment, seats and more. Some exciting opportunities to come in the future! In the meantime you can enjoy the all-new dedicated suits and gloves featured in the latest update of Assetto Corsa.
Xbox One users have a little longer to wait, with Kunos promising to share more details on the availability of these fixes for the platform. Swing by our Assetto Corsa forum section to discuss all the latest news on the game, regardless of platform.