≣PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 - Congrats to Champion Spurgy 777!Finished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,103 comments
Hey guys i'm going to run depending on the time slot first two are good for me voted for the second one myself.

Edit: MX-5 (NA) '89 is six tenths faster than the J-Limited around Brands Hatch Indy.

Last edited:
Edit: MX-5 (NA) '89 is six tenths faster than the J-Limited around Brands Hatch Indy.
What's the top speed of each at the end of the straight? Does it seem like the '89 has more cornering speed, or straight line speed? The problem I want to stay away from is having specs for each car. The way I tested them around Ascari made it look like the 3 earlier cars could have once set of specs, and the later 3 could have another.

This series is shaping up nicely. It's cool to see all these old names I recognize from GT5. I'm looking forward to testing these cars with you all soon.

The '91 just pushes a lot more than the '89s. I am sure it can be tuned out but straight out of the box the balance of the '89s is more neutral. Top speed of both years at the stripe is 102. I couldn't tell you what it is at the end of the straight because I am too focused on T1 entry.

The '91 just pushes a lot more than the '89s. I am sure it can be tuned out but straight out of the box the balance of the '89s is more neutral. Top speed of both years at the stripe is 102. I couldn't tell you what it is at the end of the straight because I am too focused on T1 entry.
I guess we have PD to thank for this. Two cars that are near identical right down to the power and weight, and they are so different on track. :rolleyes:

Here's what I got at Brands:

55.010 = MX-5 Miata '89 (~15 laps)
55.196 = MX-5 Miata J-Limited '91 (~12 laps)
55.513 = MX-5 Miata V-Special '93 (~11 laps)
55.617 = MX-5 S-Special Type I '95 (~10 laps)
55.347 = MX-5 SR-Limited '97 (~11 laps)

Going to make a couple changes, will report back.

Edit:

55.173 = MX-5 Miata V-Special '93 (~10 laps | Weight reduction Stg 1 + 29kg ballast)
55.147 = MX-5 S-Special Type I '95 (~8 laps | Weight reduction Stg 1 + 10kg ballast)
55.112 = MX-5 SR-Limited '97 (~11 laps | Weight reduction Stg 1 + 29kg ballast)

Last edited:
Ok, the '93, '95, and '97 cars have had a Stage 1 Weight Reduction added to their parts list, and then under each car you can see the weight ballast you need to add to the car to get back to 925kg. As you can see from the lap times posted above that they are all quite close after I made these changes. Now, the '89 models are still faster and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I think if maybe we can agree to get the faster drivers in the slower cars this might even things out. Besides that, I have no idea.

Have we confirmed that using the power limiter gives a torque advantage in GT6?

Edit: In any case, I may just add weight. It's the corner speed where it's beating the other car.

Are the lap times you set using online or offline Brands? Sometimes there is a difference.

Not sure how much of the series I can take in till the final start times are established.

Are the lap times you set using online or offline Brands? Sometimes there is a difference.

Not sure how much of the series I can take in till the final start times are established.
Times were set online with tire wear on normal.

Looking like this will be our race time: Saturday - 10am Pacific/ 18 GMT to 12pm Pacific/ 20 GMT

sign me up. psn mrcorleone85

I saw you popped into my practice room as I was running a few laps. I may be able to make most of the races but still working my schedule. Sorry, but the best I could do was .57 flats, but it was with a controller and in auto. If I can get within a second of times I would be happy.

I saw you popped into my practice room as I was running a few laps. I may be able to make most of the races but still working my schedule. Sorry, but the best I could do was .57 flats, but it was with a controller and in auto. If I can get within a second of times I would be happy.

hey are you reopening a room lets start will silver stone. what is lap time we can run together.

Back