◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
I think Wardenclycfe is going to open the Red Room.
Am sure he will post it here when it is ready.

Red room is full. Can i join blue room to practice even though i am in division 7?

Never mind, was able to get into the red room.

Last edited:
Hey everybody! I've really enjoyed being a Snail and I want to do something to show my appreciation for all of the work that goes on behind the scenes. I have a full time job/wife/other hobbies and I know what a commitment it is to keep this thing running as well as it does, and no one's on 'the payroll', cuz there aint one!
In that spirit I would like to put up a $25 Amazon gift card for auction on the SNAIL Marketplace. Since you can buy pretty much anything on on Amazon, this is basically like $25 cash!

39-518104-ProductImage.image.ashx

This will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Once someone places a bid that lasts 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then send the winner a PM with the redemption code for the gift card!

HAPPY BIDDING AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING

Hey everybody! I've really enjoyed being a Snail and I want to do something to show my appreciation for all of the work that goes on behind the scenes. I have a full time job/wife/other hobbies and I know what a commitment it is to keep this thing running as well as it does, and no one's on 'the payroll', cuz there aint one!
In that spirit I would like to put up a $25 Amazon gift card for auction on the SNAIL Marketplace. Since you can buy pretty much anything on on Amazon, this is basically like $25 cash!

This will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

How To Win
Once someone places a bid that lasts 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then send the winner a PM with the redemption code for the gift card!

Hey man!!!
I bid 10 shells.

Proper Bidding Etiquette

How To Win

I bid 100 shells for the Amazon gift card.

I am interested in joining this league.

I look forward to learning and improving my times.

Thank you.

James Jackson

Congrats to the SNAILs who advanced to the 2014 GT Academy Silverstone finals!

@scca_ziptie ------------ @Adventuruss ----------- @ParkerMO125
jFe83Sf.png
dsR2tOP.png
d1O5vZ4.png

@dgriffin28 -------------- @Neovre ---------------- @K1utch
RRgzge9.png
NuRKfeS.png
3VSvuch.png

S.N.A.I.L. is proud to be an official sponsor of
GT Academy Champion Nick McMillen
thanks to the support of:

PLATINUM SPONSORS
@Handlebar 👍
@TEX36 👍
@dgaf95integra 👍
@Chiochan 👍
@AJKVail 👍
@Schmiggz 👍
@gumsdad 👍

GOLD SPONSORS
@KTR5 👍
@fzappa
@fizzer 👍
@dabneyd

SILVER SPONSORS
@goofytyler
@Troggy

BRONZE SPONSORS
@hooker4
@jobyone 👍
@whatbadgerseat 👍
@Mark II

13853496133_45b3119617_c.jpg

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.
Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible with minimal prep time required. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! Our official league night is Sunday at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific, but we also have a a wide variety of other events held on other nights of the week as well. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

What Makes Us Different
There are five key features of S.N.A.I.L. that you won't find elsewhere. First of all, we can provide you with evenly-matched competition regardless of your skill level. In fact, the intense level of competition that we produce has established S.N.A.I.L. as the ideal place to prepare for GT Academy. And if you want to keep track of your improvement along the way, you'll be glad to know that we keep the most comprehensive race data available on GTPlanet. We also feature an interactive process that allows all of our members to have a say in which cars and tracks we race. And last but not least, we're the only league that awards our members with valuable prizes just for racing with us!!

Evenly-Matched Competition
Have you ever watched a professional race where drivers with completely different skill levels were competing on the same track? Of course not! That wouldn't be fun to watch, let alone fun to participate in. Unfortunately, that disparity of pace is something you'll often find in organized online racing. When this happens, you'll be lucky to have just a few drivers that you're truly competitive with. Everyone else will usually either be faster or slower than you. We prevent that from happening in S.N.A.I.L. by dividing our drivers into separate divisions based on speed and skill. This results in full grids of evenly-matched competition and creates the closest and most intense sim racing experience around!

Prepare for GT Academy
If you have your eye on competing in GT Academy, there's no better place than S.N.A.I.L. to hone your skills to the elite levels necessary to make it to the finals. You need to be the best of the best to make it to Silverstone, and that's exactly what the drivers in our top division are. Half of last year's and this year's GT Academy Silverstone Finalists race in S.N.A.I.L., and they were able to use their experience in this league to help get them there. Click here if you want to advice from last year's eventual champion and click here if you want advice from last year's runner-up. Also, our race format (whichg features multiple sprint races) is almost identical to the format used at the GT Academy national finals.

Valuable Prizes
Have you ever wished you could win free stuff just for having fun? If so, then you might want to know that our members win valuable real-world prizes just for racing with us! These prize are based on participation and not on race results. Some examples of prizes our members have won include a GranStand Cockpit, a ButtKicker Gamer2, a GranStand Wheel Stand, and a Wireless ButtKicker Kit. And if you want to help organize our league, you can join TEAM S.N.A.I.L. and earn even more prizes such as shirts (e.g. S.N.A.I.L. shirt, F1 shirt, GT Academy shirt), electronic/gaming hardware (e.g. Hauppauge PVR), sim racing equipment (e.g. Playseat Evolution), and other Gran Turismo related items (e.g. GTPEDIA).

Spec Racing
S.N.A.I.L. was the first GTPlanet league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. This combined with the fact that we race in the same cars produces a type of racing called "spec" racing. Spec racing ensures that success is determined solely by driving skill and not by differences in car power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill! It also produces intense battles for position because all of the cars are equally strong or weak in the same areas of the track. Another benefit of spec racing is that you'll never spend time tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Race Format
Our league night lasts for two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races that last 10 to 12 minutes on a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, a brief qualifying session determines the order of the starting grid. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' to reward the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After a round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

Interactive Process
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of every league night, we ask everyone to vote on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the next week's lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores*. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: We now have a new process for breaking ties in the elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The right to "freeze" either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Comprehensive Race Data
It's not always accurate to promote and relegate drivers based on championship points alone. That's why the massive amounts of data we track are invaluable to our league. You'd be hard-pressed to find a sim racing league anywhere in the world that tracks driver data and race results more comprehensively than we do. In fact, our S.N.A.I.L. Results document contains so much information that we have to archive old data to avoid exceeding the GoogleDoc's maximum capacity! You can use this data to track the points championship for each season and compare yourself to other drivers in categories such as fast laps, total race pace, total points, average points per race, and power rankings.

Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you. If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, then file a Racing Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.

Settings
All league Race Settings are default unless noted below (Course Settings are listed here)
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) for Division 6, 7, and 8. (Penalties OFF for D1, D2/D3, and D4/D5)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in all divisions except for the lowest division, in which (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed as well)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions)
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight)
Step 5: Wait to be assigned to a division and then send Friend Requests to the hosts of your division. Then join your division host's room on Sunday night and race!
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

For a list of helpful links and FAQ's, please click here.

I am interested in joining this league.

I look forward to learning and improving my times.

Thank you.

James Jackson

@James Jackson

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Bully! From 10 you jump in at 100? :confused:
Woulda been fun to see it start low and slowly build and go to 100! 💡
JlBowler - Appears to endorse the "Go big or stay at home." axiom.

...you're going to pay for it.
Strangely enough, I was thinking this very thing when you went big. Looks like you weren't in the mood for slow play.

The sheet won't update to find out how many I really have.
It does the same thing to me sometimes. Keep an eye on it and as long it's still reporting the totals, at some point during the day it should update and show current balances. I've watched it update 3 or 4 times in the space of an hour. I can't fiddle with it from work, but I'll take a look at it when I get home.

Back