Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. chatva

chatva (Banned)

How about Rome, either way or east valley reverse or what you like! ;)

Inconspicuous likes this.
  2. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

@zer05ive
    @GamingPete

My prize A selection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ACURA Integra Type R '01 (SH) (206HP/410PP) at Autumn Ring (Forward). Looks like 7 laps and 7 minutes of qualifying will be sufficient.

Ignore that little "H" on the back end in the photo. :p And no... this is not (nor ever has been) my car. But I did enjoy it in testing, and think it will add a nice bit of variety this week. Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  3. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

For those still interested;

SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft (1).jpg
    SNAILAges.PNG

To edit your entry, click the table above. To submit a new entry click here.

zer05ive and nmcp1 like this.
  4. DRIVE_ANGRY

DRIVE_ANGRY

@nmcp1

I took that racer edge test already only thing left is hit Mazda Seca time trial

Thanks, Kurt

zer05ive and nmcp1 like this.
  5. GTP_Vertigo

GTP_Vertigo

So it looks like we have combo's.. Yay. Time to hit the track and get some practice.

@Rockhound18 You did not state forward or Reverse. This is crucial information.

Rockhound18 likes this.
  6. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

sweet something FWD!!!!!!

also for those that have PS4 i suggest picking up Destiny

7. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

THANK YOU! I've wanted to read this for quite some time . . .

8. Falango

Falango

Got a few captures from D3 on Sunday. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

The course names in the game generally only say the direction if in reverse, so I thought it was clear already. Regardless, I've edited my post to make the forward direction more clear - probably not a bad idea to point that out just to ensure it's obvious. :)

10. chevron

chevron

Destiny: Alpha? Check. Beta? Check. Day one digital? Check!

Taking a PTO day to stay home and play? You know damn right!!!

zer05ive, Scott G and BayouSimDrifter like this.
  11. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

i have to be up in the morning but im still playing this game

12. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

There's one amazing, very technical, both slow and fast track that has been away from prize choices for quite a while... Madrid.
    We already ran small Elise's and fast acuras race cars there and I remember always having tremendous close battles.
    Please don't let Madrid fall... Bring it on... Next time.

13. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Does anyone here have any experience pre-ordering an automobile? If so, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

14. aerolite

aerolite

D8 data has been added to results doc.

CoachMK21, zer05ive and Dragonwhisky like this.
  15. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Hope this isn't "Fish Worthy" -
    Since I am behind in my Thread Reading, could someone summarize the Combo Conversation as it stands so far?
    (notice I didn't ask "The Question")

16. dangerzone641

dangerzone641

Volkswagen VGT @ nurburgring gp/f

Acura integra type r @ autumn ring

Chevrolet Camaro ss touring car @ Indianapolis road course

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    DesertPenguin09 and TEX36 like this.
  17. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Techically correct, but, not in that order.

Anyone get some lap times for the Acura, which will be round 1 and the VW, which will be round 3.

18. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Excellent fish evasion technique! :lol:

19. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

1:30ish at Autumn Ring and just under 2 minutes at GP/F, 1:58ish. Division 4, fyi.

DMacs13, zer05ive and Dragonwhisky like this.
  20. Madstar116

Madstar116

Ok I always enjoy good racing and your race seems very interesting

21. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Well then, with that in mind

Round 1 will be 7 race laps and 7 minutes qualifying.
    Round 2 will remain the same as last week.
    Round 3 will be 6 race laps and 7 minutes qualifying.

How 'bout some of you folks get some pictures up for @GamingPete to use for the banners?

zer05ive and GamingPete like this.
  22. Rednose58

Rednose58

If you get 1:58's you don't belong in D4.... you should be moving into D3 or D2..... LOL. The A1liens are only just breaking into 1:56

DMacs13, turnupdaheat and Oshawa-Joe like this.
  23. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

I still think it's Fish Worthy.... well played Tex... well played
    [​IMG]

24. FSportIS

FSportIS

Something to share with you all:

2 months ago, I started this game without knowing much at all. I only complete some license tests and then went straight to random online lobbies. I could not compete against any body because they are way faster, more aggressive and race like robbing a bank. It was very imitating and frustrating. I almost always lose in all online races and even being lapped badly.

Fortunately, I am lucky to join a public open practice SNAIL lobby and one guy (forgot who) directed me to this very thread and everything started to change for the better. As a relatively slow driver, I have played in division 7 now 8 for about 4 weeks now. By practicing and then actually participating in the races, I have learned so much about so many different cars and tracks. More importantly, I learned so much about driving techniques and when and when not to apply any particular technique. I personally improved a lot by my standard (not alien's standard of course). I can now not only gold many seasonal events with ease but I can consistently gold them because of knowing the right techniques and apply them properly.

Interestingly enough, I went back to try out some random online lobbies yesterday. Even with death match style, I can easily beat many of these online strangers. I can make 2-3 seconds faster than the 2nd fastest guy in so many tracks. They then rely on all kinds of tricks during the race to beat me such as using NOS, ramming my car on the side, cutting corners, dive bombing, and basically everything you can think. Guess what, I still manage to be on the top 4 spots (out of 10-12 players) without using any of those dirty techniques.

Now, I'm happy because I'm no longer the slowest turtle finishing last like I did 2 months ago in random online lobbies. I can compete against dirty players (random online strangers, not our league lol) and beat them cleanly. I'm even more happy to appreciate the clean racing that SNAIL is advocating and the idea of putting similar skilled players into the same race.

There are a lot for me to learn obviously and I really appreciate all the hard work that many of you putting into making this league one of most organized and clean racing clubs. I wonder if I can donate a small gift to this SNAIL administration such as a $10 Amazon gift card delivered through email. It is little but I just want to show some appreciation. If this is possible, please let me know how I can do this and particularly the email where I can send the gift card to. Thanks.

25. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Would the new driver that submitted a time trial under the name jwjacks please send me a PM with your correct GTPlanet ID so I can send out your division placement information.

26. FloptaStr8

FloptaStr8

To avoid color conflicts I changed my wheel color to a fluorescent green. I noticed a car with purple body and Yellow wheels so I thought I should change something. Allis, I am not listed on the Color Combos Driver list. Just an fyi, Mr. Bowler. I filled out the color corn too.

27. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The color sheet is @CoachMK21 domain.

28. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

I'm very interested in joining this league. I've been playing GT5 and GT6 for the past few years and had the original game on PlayStation back in the day. How far they have come. This year was the 1st year I competed in the GT Academy although I made it to the final round online, I was in the 1200's overall in my region:( However I caught the bug, threw aside the controller and bought a GT DrivingForce wheel. I've been spending a lot of time in the online rooms and looking for a team to join. Unfortunately many of these teams like to drive dirty. Not my cup of tea. I'm a F1 fan first and foremost and really love the respect (most) drivers have for each other. I've also been paying a lot of attention to the ISMA Tudor Championship and kept tabs on the Blancpain Endurance Series (thanks to racing the Nissan in the finals of GT Academy) I'd love to learn more about S.N.A.I.L and would appreciate your consideration. Thanks for the opportunity to improve my skills and race with like minded drivers on a even playing field. I look forward to your response. TomMang_68

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  29. nmcp1

nmcp1

@TomMang_68

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  30. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

:p
    Hi Drive Angry. You are very welcome to this racing community but I have to ask you one big favor... Don't drive angry in our events, please. :p

Falango, QEDXY, nmcp1 and 1 other person like this.