Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Fudman420

Fudman420

Since I was busy with family last night I'm opening a practice lobby this morning.
    0475-4176-0622-1355-9364
    CLOSED

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Phlano099 likes this.
  2. Kgffy

Kgffy

Very fun night of racing

gulfvet67 and Phlano099 like this.
  3. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

All Diamonds will net you +100,000,000 cr. apparently:

For each individual challenge:

Diamond:
    1,000,000 Cr.
    Gold: 500,000 Cr.
    Silver: 300,000 Cr.
    Bronze: 200,000 Cr.

These rewards are obtainable ONCE on the first completion of each challenge only.

FOR THE WHOLE THING (Entirely separate to the rewards listed above):

ALL Diamonds:
    Mercedes AMG VGT LH Edition + 100,000,000 Cr. (Yes, you get ONE HUNDRED MILLION handed to you straight up)
    ALL Golds: Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power 2017 + 20,000,000 Cr. + Credit cap increased
    ALL Silvers: Mercedes Sauber C9 1989
    ALL Bronze: Mercedes AMG GT3 2016

Guide can be found here

4. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Figured, "What the heck, I've got the night to play and 8 bucks to spare." I decided to tackle the Nordschleife straight out of the gate - I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I say. I blasted through what I felt like was an insanely fast time. No offs, no major mistakes, a clean albeit safe lap. I was pretty confident I'd get about a Silver. NOPE! Try again pal! No dice, not even a bronze! I ran a 6:18+ and was 3+ seconds off the bronze.

This is going to be a grinders challenge. Probably not my cup of tea. Ran two other challenges and pulled one bronze (Dragons) and one silver (Brands) on first attempts. I think most SNAIL Sunday night guys will be able to pull off the golds without much problem - with Nordscleife being the possible exception. I have a lot of experience at Nordscleife in multiple games. Again, I was shocked a 6:18 was a fail :sick:. The Sauber C9 has a tremendous amount of grip, but I just don't see myself running Nordshleife over and over trying to find every perfect corner, brake zone, throttle application, etc. Like I said, a grinders DLC. I'd rather race. I'll still knock a challenge out once and a while for some credits, but I'm not a big fan. Just my opinion.

5. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3 Premium

I have changed to a new PSNID for SNAIL

IDreamIn_GT3.

I have already informed @JLBowler, as per the rules.

Phlano099, JamCar0ne and stelephant like this.
  6. Fudman420

Fudman420

Watching a few videos and reading some guides there are definitely tracks that are tougher than others. Super_gt has a pretty decent video out that shows each track and where some of the spots to make up time.

Gr8_Lakes, Phlano099 and stelephant like this.
  7. stelephant

stelephant

Yeah, sounds tricky.

You’ll be great if you run the tracks over and over at that level.

Can I just get a @SAMHAIN85 challenge instead?!

8. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Thanks for this information guys. Since I have every car that can be used in SNAIL already, I really don’t see the point to grind at this challenge.

stelephant likes this.
  9. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3 Premium

2015 BMW i3 for my birthday car. Color me excited:lol:

stelephant and Noob01_lmdead like this.
  10. Neutty

Neutty

Lots of cuss words were learned by my dogs that night.
    I refuse to believe the man is on RH tires. Some of the areas are ridiculous..... Big willow for instance..... either way. I raised my cap. That’s all I really wanted to do honestly.

Gr8_Lakes, stelephant and GTP_Guido like this.
  11. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

“Garage Full” Bug reported to be in recent update.

“This bug manifests in a couple of ways. Users report that hitting the “home” button, which should take you to the area of the game where you can check and change your garage cars, liveries, settings, scapes and such, results in no action. A further issue prevents players from buying any cars at all, reporting that the garage is full. Although Campaign Mode is accessible, the game reports no user vehicles in Arcade Mode, and some users say that trying to access Sport Mode results in the game crashing out to the XMB.”

The post Gran Turismo Sport “Garage Full” Bug Affecting New Players appeared first on GTPlanet.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  12. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Hamilton time trials aren't really that hard to gold. I've finished the first 5 with gold. The hardest one for me was Dragon Trail as I'm not that familiar with the track and I ran it cold (haven't turned a wheel in GT in well over a week). That one took about a dozen attempts but the next four all took less than 5 tries. The first lap was always silver and then it was just a matter of beating my ghost by whatever time I needed. I almost got Suzuka on the first try. First lap was .058 away from the gold time.

13. Neutty

Neutty

I was trying my best just to beat him. Eventually just settled in for Golds. Few diamonds, but those didn’t beat Lewis.

stelephant likes this.
  14. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

This has to be the best race I have ever had in fia...followed DNA panther for a majority of the race to beat him out by .054

15. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

Happybbirthday

stelephant and IDreamInGT3 like this.
  16. FREEREVN

FREEREVN Premium

I have read first post and would like to join.old snail member.

17. nmcp1

nmcp1

@FREEREVN

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add CoachMK21, JLBowler, nmcp1, zer05ive, Rednose58, MajorBlixem & SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

GTP_Guido likes this.
  18. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3 Premium

Thanks

19. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The drivers list has been updated and is ready for this week's racing. All division managers should create new threads for the December season.

soundtiger95 likes this.
  20. Neutty

Neutty

We need someone to be Division 1 Manager.

Herimopp89 likes this.
  21. stelephant

stelephant

Happy birthday!

TEX36 and IDreamInGT3 like this.
  22. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3 Premium

Thanks

23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

After much discussion and testing during Thursday practice nights, the BoD has decided to implement the following changes to our Sunday night racing. These changes affect the way in which we qualify, the method for determining the number of race laps, and the amount of time that will be allowed after the winner finishes their race.

Qualifying Rules
    • Prior to the first race of each combo drivers must enter the race (press Check Mark button) but not enter the course.
    • Once it is verified that all the drivers can see each other as entered into the race (each driver will have a number against their name), the host will give the instruction to start qualifying and the scorekeeper will be the first driver to exit pit road and begin their qualifying (drivers start qualifying by pressing the "enter course" button).
    • Once the scorekeeper has begun his out lap and qualifying, all drivers lined up on pit road will leave pit road and create a sufficient, 5 seconds, gap to the car ahead and behind during the out lap.
    • The host will then begin their out lap and qualifying.
    • The host will be the last driver to begin their qualifying session.
    • It is the responsibility of the behind driver to build the 5 second gap on the out lap.
    • Once drivers have finished their hot lap, they should pull off the track and come to a complete stop in a location that will not distract any other drivers, including a potential second qualifying group.

Qualifying is not the race. If you get caught from behind during the qualifying session you must allow the driver to pass without incident or opposition.

Method for Determining Race Laps

Race laps will be determined by taking the average mid-division lap time and running as many laps as possible without going over 13 minutes. Example: If the average mid-division lap time is 1:45 the number of laps will be 7. The formula is more or less as follows: 780 seconds divided by lap time in seconds. We will take the whole number and drop anything past the decimal point and that is the number of laps. Under no circumstances will the average lap time multiplied by the number of laps give us a number greater than 780 seconds which is 13 minutes.

Lobby Settings

The race finish delay will now be set to 50 seconds.

These changes will be added to the SNAIL OLR P&G thread in their respective sections at some time today. All hosts will need to make the necessary changes to their room setup to allow for the new method of calculating race laps.

Rob Brown, Akzl298, TEX36 and 2 others like this.
  24. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

D3 Thread created for December.

stelephant likes this.
  25. Rednose58

Rednose58

upload_2019-12-1_12-42-17.png
    1. The November Season has been archived. Unfortunately there were some data missing that will make it difficult to arrange the Snail Invitational Event.

2. The SNAIL Sunday Scoring sheets for Dec 1 have been prepared. Please note the increase in laps to 19 for Round 1 to accommodate the new duration target. The other two rounds are not affected.

upload_2019-12-1_12-41-48.png

26. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Is this to facilitate a more expedited end to the evenings events?

27. Neutty

Neutty

So what happens if someone gets a pit glitch? Do they need to wait until everyone else has left. If it’s up to the driver behind to create that 5 second gap and the guy in front has the pit glitch so they continue to wait?

What do we do like BB Raceway for instance if we need to run 2 groups of qually. Do they stay in the menu screen awaiting the first group to finish.
    When you say start qually, does everyone stay in the menu screen and enter after the car ahead starts, or is everyone to enter the course and await their time to leave.

How do we determine who goes when the car parked next to us in the pits goes, (if we are to enter course and not wait in menu screen.)

With long pit roads, do we count 5 seconds when the car is officially on track, or when the car leaves the pit stall?

28. Akzl298

Akzl298

Division 2 thread created for December

Noob01_lmdead and soundtiger95 like this.
  29. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The scorekeeper goes, then everyone else goes, then the host goes. It is up to the behind driver to establish the 5 second gap during the out lap. If someone is stuck, it's the same as being stuck on the grid for a race.

If there are multiple groups, we use the same procedure we have now. First group starts when the host says so and then the second group starts when the host says so.

Akzl298 likes this.
  30. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

The PlayStation Plus membership is 25% off through the end of tomorrow. If your membership is coming due this would be a good time to renew.
    Fanatec “deals” end Dec 2. (9 central EU time). So end of today for U.S. (Dec 1).
    V1.5 ClubSport shifter price will increase to $249 tomorrow, so this was kind of last chance at $199 (and this includes the special edition anodized version with carbon fiber knobs).
    V3 ClubSport pedal set with brake performance kit (not normally included) is $299. You don’t need Fanatec wheel base to use these! 90kg load cell is insane! That’s the average weight of an adult male! (or half the weight of a woman after 10 years marriage).

Gr8_Lakes, soundtiger95 and Akzl298 like this.