Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella

2. MikeGrove

MikeGrove

I am probably missing something.

Should I test which cars can do a roughly eight minute long lap as well? I was thinking most combinations would require a two lap race rather than a three lap race. The Yaris cannot do a 5:30.000 lap...:scared::nervous::sick::indiff:

Would be a shame to exclude so many vehicles just to make the race be minimum three laps long, for exactly 16 min. Can we amend the rule for this long circuit, allowing a combo to be below 16 minutes if adding another lap will force the combination to exceed the maximum allowed total time? :confused: I don’t think anyone would mind a one minute shorter race if that were to happen occasionally.

3. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I will not support any proposal that results in two lap races. If you want to ask some of the other BoD members if they would support it then be my guest. If more BoD members support a two lap race and giving up race time then it can be adopted. I've given you what I would need to see to propose something to the BoD because you keep tagging me in posts asking why it can't be added. A race under the 16:30 limit is already allowed. Going over 16:30 per race for a mid-division time is what is not allowed.

Having a car that can run a 6 minute lap would make for a 12 minutes race. Would be a shame to give up 4:30 of potential race time per race just to race at a really long road.

notime72, Kgffy and MikeGrove like this.
  4. EvoSpecX

EvoSpecX

I have read the first post and would like to join. I was a member of Snail years ago, but due to moving and family commitments, I had to take a hiatus. I'm now a settled and would like to rejoin for some fun and relaxation.

5. nmcp1

nmcp1

@EvoSpecX

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

STEAMER62, DublDee and llNovall like this.
  6. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Welcome back! It's been awhile

Screenshot_20210202-141550.png

7. EvoSpecX

EvoSpecX

WOW! :eek: I didn't realize it was THAT long ago?!!

8. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I’m still not sure why there’s a hangup on number of laps. Seems arbitrary to say minimum laps is 2 given that the actual target 16.5 minutes. Okay, so there is concern that a super-dee-duper car would run mid-division lap time of 5:31 to 6:30, resulting in a short race of 11 to 13 minutes. The number of cars that can do that is very low (and these cars don’t typically get picked). Q: How many would be unhappy with an infrequent short race? A: Not nearly the amount that would be upset with the dude who picked it [the tomahawk-ish car].
    In any case, seems there was a pole taken and if I remember, there wasn’t too much interest. But I still like the meme Mike produced!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    MikeGrove and LST like this.
  9. Yugofan

Yugofan

10. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I wouldn't worry too much about it. A quick feeling out of the rest of the BoD didn't exactly generate a whole lot of support for making any changes to allow for the selection of the Nurburgring with the Nordschliffe portion.

zer05ive, MikeGrove and nmcp1 like this.
  11. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella

If you can open Up and gain access to the link below you can perform scoring duties

Timlour likes this.
  12. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella

Hmmm. No link posted. We’ll figure it out

MikeGrove likes this.
  13. CANOWORMS1

CANOWORMS1

Nope. I can't.

MikeGrove likes this.
  14. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

To add to @Nick Cannella post, if you wish to be granted access to either the scoring or data sheets, please send me a private message. The reason this is done in a private message is that you must provide an email address to be granted access to the sheets and we don't want to do that in public.

Please specify which sheet you want access to. The scoring sheet is just for entering results during race night. The data sheet is for entering fast laps for all drivers after racing is completed.

Timlour and MikeGrove like this.
  15. LST

LST

Prize C Selection

Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane
    10:00 Cloudy
    I was doing 1:53s
    @JLBowler @Rednose58

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  16. Rednose58

Rednose58

No Racing on February 7 due to Superbowl

Sunday, February 14, 2021 Lineup

February 2021 Season - League Night #2
    1. NISSAN FAIRLADY Z VERSION S (Z33) 2007 on SM Tires @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 18:00 Clear - (9 Laps)
    2. FERRARI 512 BB 1976 on SS Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane - 10:00 Cloudy - (8 Laps)
    3. NISSAN XANAVI NISMO GT-R 2008 on RH Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 05:00 Clear - (11 Laps)

Details

17. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella

@CANOWORMS1, once you have access to scoring sheets we can set up a chat to review the process. It’s pretty straight forward for scoring.

Phlano099 and SAMHAIN85 like this.
  18. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

:lol::lol::lol: I was thinking their was going to be racing next Sunday and look at the calendar that no racing will be happening next Sunday due to the Super Bowl. I was laughing to myself when i seen the race calendar won't be till the 14th. Really great combo's for next official racing.

Nick Cannella likes this.
  19. DublDee

DublDee

Maybe we need to run a non points race at the Nurburgring.....at a time that works for everyone, and maybe still be able to catch the game???

edit: I forgot to say this should be in the Sambus

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  20. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

I know this is pretty late, but should we attempt to run another Super Bowl square pool like last year and the year before?

Phlano099, Akzl298 and DublDee like this.
  21. GrilledPuffin

GrilledPuffin

I have read the first post and would like to join. Someone I raced with the other night told me about SNAIL, don't remember his full PSN it was Creative"something"

22. Akzl298

Akzl298

Yes!

DublDee likes this.
  23. nmcp1

nmcp1

@GrilledPuffin

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

STEAMER62 likes this.
  24. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella

I’m stoked for the Puppy Bowl!

25. FREEREVN

FREEREVN Premium

This is an awesome idea

Phlano099 and Akzl298 like this.
  26. Akzl298

Akzl298

Yeah, like a 1 hour race. 2 laps should do it :lol:

Phlano099, FREEREVN and DublDee like this.
  27. FREEREVN

FREEREVN Premium

Is there official practice tonight or any arl practice tonight

28. Yugofan

Yugofan

I’ll host a lobby tonight if there’s no formal practice lined up. I’ll be on before 9ET and send lobby ID if no one else beats me to it.

29. Yugofan

Yugofan

Raul has a room open.
    0475-4228-5861-3915-7572

Phlano099 and Noob01_lmdead like this.
  30. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Phlano099, Yugofan and DublDee like this.