1.18 CONFIRMED GTACADEMY begins April 21st!

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 427 comments

Are you happy with the update?

• Yes

Votes: 105 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 66 38.6%

• Total voters
I did a 2:08.147s so quit so I could save the replay. Then 'A connection to the server could not be found'.

That was racing like a pro with a DS3 Controller on chase cam with one eye and my earphones in whilst watching Rooster Teeth videos.

2:11.643

So close!

Close enough :I

untitled_by_gt6_garage-d8qipov.jpg

Did a 2:07,759, I'm pretty happy about that. I think I can still improve it, but not by much.

EDIT: Just did a 2:07,244

EDIT 2: I now have a 2:07,044. I even managed to get a 2:06,865, but thanks to GT's staggering penalty system, it was a red time.

Last edited:
Wow, when I enter the GT Academy race my PS3 always freezes for 5 minutes befor I get the "A connection to the server could not be found" error.

It also happened to my when I wanted to leave the session after I did a 2:10:xxx My game didn't save the time and don't have the money anymore aswell as no goldmedal. But in the Ranking the game shows my time...

I did one lap as I can't participate in GT Academy due to age, and managed a 1.09.5xx

Not too shabby for a car I hate to drive, and one lap. Might have a few more laps to drop to a 1.08.xxx, if I can. :)👍
My first 4 laps were invalid. That car doesnt like me. :(

Well gentleman, I think I may have found a clue as what the Round 2 track is:

Not my favorite car & track combo. Went back for a second go and it does say bronze or better to proceed so that answers an earlier post. Then had a weird glitch went into the icon which showed round 1 as silvertone but then showed a map of "twin ring motegi" with the red line buzzing around picture of montego
.system them locked up
. Next round maybe? ?

Well gentleman, I think I may have found a clue as what the Round 2 track is:
Meh, could be anything. You're a programmer too. You know that a computer doesn't easily confuse a 1 with a 2. :) What could've happened.. o.o ... conflict with old data perhaps GT Academy 2014? Or was that standalone?

only in the 2:12",need to find 1,5 second,but i don't know where i can improve myself with that marging.
i can improve but i don't think i'm gonna get gold in this :( .

only in the 2:12",need to find 1,5 second,but i don't know where i can improve myself with that marging.
i can improve but i don't think i'm gonna get gold in this :( .
Do you use abs? Do you use manual?

@mods this thread is still on topic, but would the GT Academy forum have a better thread for this or is it fine to keep this up?

manual is nothing for me saddly.
abs is on yes,should i turn it off?

not using a steering wheel,using just the DS3 controller.

The GT-R has an uncomfortable bit of under steering with those tires. After a couple laps you get used to it. It ended up being a fun car+track combo (except for the Becketts area, hehe)

My thoughts exactly
I think beckeets is fun. :) the one thats not fun is Copse. Copse turns my lap times into a corpse (invalid, or slow) lol

manual is nothing for me saddly.
abs is on yes,should i turn it off?

not using a steering wheel,using just the DS3 controller.
Im using a wheel, the brakes are useless on this car, transmission braking is much more efficient in this car.

Im excited for the LMP2, unless that understeers too. Lol

I think beckeets is fun. :) the one thats not fun is Copse. Copse turns my lap times into a corpse (invalid, or slow) lol

I had a hard time with it as well. Got it right eventually, but I def agree it's a hard turn to consistently get right.

I had a hard time with it as well. Got it right eventually, but I def agree it's a hard turn to consistently get right.
Imo copse is the second hardest turn in real world corcuits on GT6, the hardest being turn 1 Daytona road course. :P (brakes are ineffective when off ground) @DSkywalker01 I just got a 2:07.914. #the7club... #the5club has no life.

Back