2014 NASCAR Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
  • 389,700 views
Yet another year Gordon should have been champion and gets cheated out of it by a stupid playoff system that should never have been created in the first place. If I was him, I would just retire right now and hand the keys over to Chase Elliot. NASCAR is a joke now, the faster they go under the better.
 
Newman has no chance to win at Homestead, so Gordon fans shouldn't worry about needing vengeance next week.

But, this is a huge break for Logano and Harvick, as they have a much better chance to beat Newman vs Gordon.

Edit, I don't think Larson is going to be very upset with Newman, considering the circumstances.
 
If this was any other series no way would Newman get away with that move.
 
If I was Kyle Larson I would be going over to the #31 car to tell Ryan Newman what an ass he is. Dirty.

Kyle Larson's not dumb enough to pick a fight with Newman.
 
Great race, congrats to Harvick! Newman's move however, was uncalled for (and I'm not a Gordon or Brad fan)
 
Gordon will be all over the 2 next weekend.
Why? It played out. Gordon needed one more position elsewhere. A shame that 2 2nd place finishes and a 29th don't advance but a 3rd and 2 finishes out of the top 10 do. Oh well. Gordon will have to try at it next year and hope NASCAR gets better. I'm sort of disappointed with the cautions and how they staged them.
 
So I didn't see the race, but what I can assume is that Newman dumped larson to gain positions?
 
I will say about Newman's move on Larson, if that isn't acceptable then neither was Keselowski's move on Gordon last week.
 
So I didn't see the race, but what I can assume is that Newman dumped larson to gain positions?
Newman did what Edwards tried to do to Johnson at Kansas that one year, but made it work

****ing shrek
 
Why? It played out. Gordon needed one more position elsewhere. A shame that 2 2nd place finishes and a 29th don't advance but a 3rd and 2 finishes out of the top 10 do. Oh well. Gordon will have to try at it next year and hope NASCAR gets better. I'm sort of disappointed with the cautions and how they staged them.
Because that 29th was because of Kez
 
Because he's not won all season. Why would that change now?
This.

I guess Logano, Harvick, and Hamlin could spin out, blow an engine, cut a tire, or speed on pit road on a late caution. Without a lot of help, Newman won't win the title next week.
 
Because that 29th was because of Kez
And if I were Gordon, I'd rather just go out and win and ignore it. It didn't help Keselowski either in the end.

This.

I guess Logano, Harvick, and Hamlin could spin out, blow an engine, cut a tire, or speed on pit road on a late caution. Without a lot of help, Newman won't win the title next week.
Highest finisher wins the title.
 
That was a pretty nasty move by Newman. This year's chase is worse than ever. I don't really care for a series where a driver can literally win every single race of the season except for the last one and not be champion. Just purely idiotic.
 
That was a pretty nasty move by Newman. This year's chase is worse than ever. I don't really care for a series where a driver can literally win every single race of the season except for the last one and not be champion. Just purely idiotic.
This. NASCAR should just get rid of the chase all together.
 
I will say about Newman's move on Larson, if that isn't acceptable then neither was Keselowski's move on Gordon last week.
Those weren't in any way similar.

Newman drove it in hard, and let it slide up into Larson make the corner, in the hopes of gaining one position.

Brad was trying to shoot a gap to win the race.
 
Am I the only one that finds it laughable that NASCAR promotes safety but let's cars on the track with sharp flares pointed out to cut tires?
 
Give Larson credit though. He didn't lay over and let Newman advance even though he could have to get brownie points with the sport. The guy destroyed a truck to try to win at Eldora. And as for the head hunting of Newman, stop. NASCAR condones that type of driving, and he just took advantage of it. Crucify NASCAR if you want to go after someone since they deem such aggressive driving acceptable.
 
Am I the only one that finds it laughable that NASCAR promotes safety but let's cars on the track with sharp flares pointed out to cut tires?

I am sure Gen 4 cars were tougher, having watched some old races from them.
 
Highest finisher wins the title.
Without help, he's still the fourth fastest of the eligible drivers. Sure, he can win the title by finishing ninth, but the other guys won't all finish behind him without running into problems.
 
Those weren't in any way similar.

Newman drove it in hard, and let it slide up into Larson make the corner, in the hopes of gaining one position.

Brad was trying to shoot a gap to win the race.
They had the same impact, even though Keselowski didn't win. Keselowski jumped for the win which would have locked him in, and Newman needed to get one last spot to advance. Both were desperation moves to make it to the championship round.

While I am pissed on the inside for Gordon having been eliminated, Newman did what he had to do.
 
Without help, he's still the fourth fastest of the eligible drivers. Sure, he can win the title by finishing ninth, but the other guys won't all finish behind him without running into problems.
They start tied. We don't know how fast they will be at Homestead.
 
Newman won't win, I see Harvick then Hamlin. Logano will cry somewhere.
Fixed. And on recap, Gordon's out and all the Gordon (and by default HMS ) fans are pissed, Harvick wins, and Newman (somewhat justifiably, thanks NASCAR:banghead:) ran into Larson in the last 500 feet. I feel for you Gordon fans, but welcome to the club with us JJ/Jr. fans. This season is a total wash, thanks NASCAR for a stupid f@#$ing chase and season, If I cared anymore, Harvick has this one easily and has my favorite number, so.. yeah
 
Back