2014 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
Has to be tough for Joe this weekend, I believe his first time in a truck at Homestead since the death of his brother.

Fox Sports wins the award for the stupidest NASCAR piece of the year

"Should Chase Elliott have to do the dishes?"
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/pho...se-elliott-still-have-to-do-the-dishes-111314

They get Dale Jr. and Kyle Larson to weigh in as well :lol:

Their top sports story (as listed by themselves) is "Is Volleyball Player TOO Attractive?". That says it all. Like their news channel it's just chewing gum for the toothless brains of the permanently-enfuddled.

These kinds of stories are what happens when you have hot work experience journalism pre-graduates with underdeveloped, rag-mag senses of humour and smiles which you can't turn down, that's all. Low-rent media like Fox are full of this flamf.

Because as the consumer, I'd rather see excitement and drama over a runaway champion. Sure, it's not "pure", but I don't care. It's very boring to watch the final few races already knowing who the champion will be, and even wose, being ok with a "good points day". I'd rather see drivers push their cars to the very limit every lap of every race. This new chase system perfectly represents what I want to see as a viewer.

Why not shorten the season keeping a runaway from happening? Shorten the races too. Is 500 miles at Auto Club really necessary twice a year?

Why not shorten the season keeping a runaway from happening? Shorten the races too. Is 500 miles at Auto Club really necessary twice a year?
Auto Club lost their second race a few years ago. Their current race is only 400 miles.

I'd rather have 80,000 people go to one race than 30,000 go to 2
If only 30,000 people are going to each of two races, what makes you think that 80,000 people will go to one single race at the same track? The loss of an event might cause some of the fans to abandon the series altogether. It surely won't make more people want to go to the one remaining race.

There's also a pretty good chance that at least half of your 30,000 at both races is the same group of people attending twice. Cut them out of being able to go twice, and you might only have 45,000 come to the one race instead of the hypothetical 60,000 you would get from combining both audiences.

Shorten the season to 1 race and the 15th place guy wins the championship. Build custom speedway that holds 500 million spectators.

Gordon on pole. I hope he comes out swinging and dominates the whole race and walks away with a win. Just put the icing on the cake which has been a "could have been" season for that team, thanks to NASCAR.

Gordon on pole. I hope he comes out swinging and dominates the whole race and walks away with a win. Just put the icing on the cake which has been a "could have been" season for that team, thanks to NASCAR.
giphy.gif

Eh blah blah to all this Gordon stuff :D

Logano has more wins, more top fives, same amount of top tens, more laps lead, and his avg finish is less than 1 away from Gordons.
Yet, without the Chase resetting the points every week, he's ~30 points behind Gordon

Is it just me or did Ty lose some weight?

Edit: Kyle has le stache :lol:

Last edited:
Get hyped everybody, the LAST truck race of the year begins. Early indications are it will be Larson vs. Busch for the win with Crafton taking the championship barring anything short of a crash
EDIT: Townley wrecked himself 5 laps in:/

Back