2014 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
Not quite the Kyle & Kyle show yet. However, Crafton is right there behind Blaney though.

John Wrecks Townley being himself. If if John Wes Townley's family didn't pump millions into NASCAR, he probably wouldn't be driving.

Not sure how getting loose and being hit by someone else into the wall is his fault, just like I don't understand how last week's stack up was his fault.

And now, the show has begun.

Also, them BKR trucks sound different from the other trucks.

Because as the consumer, I'd rather see excitement and drama over a runaway champion. Sure, it's not "pure", but I don't care. It's very boring to watch the final few races already knowing who the champion will be, and even wose, being ok with a "good points day". I'd rather see drivers push their cars to the very limit every lap of every race. This new chase system perfectly represents what I want to see as a viewer.

Pretty sure the drama was there too, I saw plenty of fisticuffs. Now NASCAR has just made a do or die system that hinges on these guys getting quite emotional as if they were high school girls losing prom queen at times. Also the good points day bs isn't gone, once a driver wins a race in this format they can play the good points day thing, hell Kenseth did that for most of the season and got in, yes he was fast and consistent with the top tens but still.

I guess in some way I agree that they are pushing all the time, considering this is the first chase system where all the drivers are pushing as much (granted as long as they hadn't won a race or two) all the time pre-chase to actual chase. This is due to the criteria to get into the chase now, and then the criteria to actually stay in it to the end. However, Ryan Newman would say as long as you wreck a guy or two and find your way to finish in the top 15 every weekend and not get wrecked yourself, you can win :sly:. I guess that's entertainment about as much as knowing that some driver was champion 3 races prior to the end. Which actually happened in the former chase set up anyways.

Good championship Crafton. As much as I would love for Blaney to get it, KBM trucks are too strong and Then there's the tour de force that is Larson.

This is how you close out a season!!! Four way battle for the lead in the race!
That was a good finish. Congrats on the championship Matt.

Last edited:
That was nothing short of awesome. Awesome race, awesome finish and an awesome KBM burnout. Cannot complain about that 👍

Gonna be the only race finish I think people will enjoy so might as well savor it.

I don't think ESPN was even this bad with moving on to Sportscenter. Give it a rest Fox, those basketball highlights aren't going anywhere.

Also, great job by Darrell and Ryan, hopefully next year both will be back and battling for the title (neither seemed confident when it came to future plans).

Darrell and Kyle Larson dueling for the last few laps was a great way to close out the truck season. Hopefully, 2015 can pick up where 2014 left off.

I don't think ESPN was even this bad with moving on to Sportscenter. Give it a rest Fox, those basketball highlights aren't going anywhere.

Also, great job by Darrell and Ryan, hopefully next year both will be back and battling for the title (neither seemed confident when it came to future plans).

If I recall, I believe Blaney will be in the Nationwide series full time for Penske Racing as well as making multiple cup starts for the Wood Brothers.

Edit: Regarding FS1, yeah they are just trying so hard to be another ESPN.

I have seen 2 different reports, one mentions nothing about Darrell moving up or even in a truck but another (the Justin Boston PR) said he would be teammates with Bubba. So I have no clue but I would hope moving up....seems odd if not.

Ryan is moving up full-time to NW (12 I believe) and part-time Cup in the 21 Wood Brothers with help from Penske.

John Wrecks Townley being himself. If if John Wes Townley's family didn't pump millions into NASCAR, he probably wouldn't be driving.

Every series, no matter where or what they race has folks who are on top of it and some who can't get out of their own way. JWT has 2 things going for him IMO (outside family money), he drives his heart out even if he doesn't do well and he helps alot of folks keep dinner on the table so to speak...it's hard to complain when he isn't just logging laps running around the bottom way off pace and folks are able to keep the truck series going which is a huge deal as of late.

Ryan is going to Nationwide and part time cup (as mentioned earlier) and Bubba I think is also going Nationwide.

I have seen 2 different reports, one mentions nothing about Darrell moving up or even in a truck but another (the Justin Boston PR) said he would be teammates with Bubba. So I have no clue but I would hope moving up....seems odd if not.

I thought Erik Jones was the one that would be full time with Darrell. You sure they didn't say he would be part time, rotating the 51 with Kyle?

Erik Jones will be in the 20 full time, and JGR does still have the 18 car. I'm hoping they just are waiting till they finalize sponsorship to announce Bubba will be in the NXS full time. I don't like KBM or JGR but how can you not like Bubba?

Erik Jones will be in the 20 full time, and JGR does still have the 18 car. I'm hoping they just are waiting till they finalize sponsorship to announce Bubba will be in the NXS full time. I don't like KBM or JGR but how can you not like Bubba?

Jones is running part-time for JGR next year, and full-time in a KBM truck (numbers haven't been announced for trucks).

http://www.kylebuschmotorsports.com/news/entry.php?nid=1289

I thought Erik Jones was the one that would be full time with Darrell. You sure they didn't say he would be part time, rotating the 51 with Kyle?

Justin Boston, Erik Jones both are full time. Suarez, Tifft and Busch are running a truck part-time.

http://www.kylebuschmotorsports.com/news/entry.php?nid=1299

FS1 is trying to be like ESPN.
NBCSN is trying to be an alternative to ESPN.
Guess who consistently has better ratings week to week?
That's right, ESPN 2.

Not that it matters to me since I don't like ESPN, but at least NBCSN knows they aren't ESPN.

Fun fact, Chase Elliott is actually younger than Homestead-Miami Speedway

By 1 year.

And sadly, this looks to be the final race for the 42 team. If you're familiar with the drama involving Steve Turner and Harry Scott, you'll know why. Its terrible enough that Ron Hornaday isn't driving anymore because of that and it'll be just wrong for that team to suffer because of that mess.

Edit: Round 2 of Kyle vs Kyle is about to begin.

If someone would've asked, I would have gladly provided the link. Not sure why its even a big deal.

Anyhow, I haven't seen anything recent since it happened. I can only wonder what has taken place ever since.

I'm going to start a kickstarter campaign to fund my new video game "All-Star Demolition Derby featuring John Wes Townley and Pastor Maldonado".

Back