2014 NASCAR Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
  • 389,700 views
Nice excuse NASCAR.
 
Happy Birthday Championship to Chase Elliot (AGAIN!) Kenseth wins the final Nationwide race (if he wins the championship tomorrow I might kill my TV:crazy:) and, uh, in other news I wish Larson got it seeing as how his team will go kablooey and go back to the egg next year. Also, I hope he gets it tomorrow as he's "podiumed" in all of these races so far this weekend
 
I would not be shocked if they set the siren off in Dawsonville tonight. With how successful JR Motorsports is in what is currently Nationwide, I have a feeling that Chase Elliot will either be a multi time champion in this series or be that guy that gets sent up to Cup shortly.
 
Well guys, tomorrow is the final NASCAR race on ESPN. Its been 7 annoying seasons of Opportunities, Right Now, Vince Welch, questionable choices in commentating (mostly on the Nationwide side), and terrible music choices. It all ends Sunday.
 
Well guys, tomorrow is the final NASCAR race on ESPN. Its been 7 annoying seasons of Opportunities, Right Now, Vince Welch, questionable choices in commentating (mostly on the Nationwide side), and terrible music choices. It all ends Sunday.
Amen. Admittedly, I'm gonna miss Rusty a little bit. Brad wasn't bad either.But bring on NBC!!!!!
 
What I'm going to miss the most is something we haven't had since around 2007, and that's hearing Benny Parson's voice on commentary. My earliest motorsports memory, as well as my earliest memory in general, is this, which of course featured BP in the booth:

 
Well guys, tomorrow is the final NASCAR race on ESPN. Its been 7 annoying seasons of Opportunities, Right Now, Vince Welch, questionable choices in commentating (mostly on the Nationwide side), and terrible music choices. It all ends Sunday.
Gonna be a sad day tomorrow:







All that golden material, gone.
 
On one hand, Sadly means no more reason to have the "how many times can you say" series. Well, it might if Rick Allen ends up in the booth, then we have Prawblems.
 
What I'm going to miss the most is something we haven't had since around 2007, and that's hearing Benny Parson's voice on commentary. My earliest motorsports memory, as well as my earliest memory in general, is this, which of course featured BP in the booth:


I probably still have that race on VHS somewhere. I used to record all the races like that :lol:
 
I probably still have that race on VHS somewhere. I used to record all the races like that :lol:
I have some stuff from '05, such as the Duels and the Champs Banquet. I miss those days.
 
I have some stuff from '05, such as the Duels and the Champs Banquet. I miss those days.
I pretty much recorded everything NASCAR related on TV on VHS from 2001 to 2004 I think is when I gave up
 
There are enough ESPN fails that someone could make an ESPN Motorsports tribute thread and get to last for years. :lol:

Although on second thought, they might already have a home in a different thread that is already in the mostorsports forum.
 
Last edited:
I pretty much recorded everything NASCAR related on TV on VHS from 2001 to 2004 I think is when I gave up
Anytime I recorded anything it was actually someone else at home doing the recording while I was off at school, namely the '05 Duels.
 
Not gonna lie, this was me this week :lol:
5HMMrf6.jpg
 
Just replace the "I'm Done" with "Why did I get my hopes up" and it'll be a perfect representation of me last week.
 
Hey, they got the guy from Boxing who's at Bristol :lol:
 
Hey, they got the guy from Boxing who's at Bristol :lol:

I only caught the very end of that, but from what I heard, I think that that was UFC announcer Bruce Buffer.

On a championship related note, I have two questions regarding the championship. If Denny Hamiln wins it all, will he have FedEx ship the trophy to his house? If Harvick wins, will he get drunk on tv to tribute Budweiser?
 
I'd've thought this thread would be livelier :lol:
 
Harvick looks strong out here today, while ESPN rubbing salt in the wound about Gordon
 
So at lap 35, the four contenders run second, third, fourth, and Newman.
 
Newman's finally not the last Chase driver
 
And now, Newman is on the move...
That's why I said at lap 35. Frankly, I want Newman to win the championship just to see how much outrage there will be from the grandstands.
 
Back