2014 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
Happy Birthday Championship to Chase Elliot (AGAIN!) Kenseth wins the final Nationwide race (if he wins the championship tomorrow I might kill my TV:crazy:) and, uh, in other news I wish Larson got it seeing as how his team will go kablooey and go back to the egg next year. Also, I hope he gets it tomorrow as he's "podiumed" in all of these races so far this weekend

I would not be shocked if they set the siren off in Dawsonville tonight. With how successful JR Motorsports is in what is currently Nationwide, I have a feeling that Chase Elliot will either be a multi time champion in this series or be that guy that gets sent up to Cup shortly.

Well guys, tomorrow is the final NASCAR race on ESPN. Its been 7 annoying seasons of Opportunities, Right Now, Vince Welch, questionable choices in commentating (mostly on the Nationwide side), and terrible music choices. It all ends Sunday.

Well guys, tomorrow is the final NASCAR race on ESPN. Its been 7 annoying seasons of Opportunities, Right Now, Vince Welch, questionable choices in commentating (mostly on the Nationwide side), and terrible music choices. It all ends Sunday.
Amen. Admittedly, I'm gonna miss Rusty a little bit. Brad wasn't bad either.But bring on NBC!!!!!

On one hand, Sadly means no more reason to have the "how many times can you say" series. Well, it might if Rick Allen ends up in the booth, then we have Prawblems.

What I'm going to miss the most is something we haven't had since around 2007, and that's hearing Benny Parson's voice on commentary. My earliest motorsports memory, as well as my earliest memory in general, is this, which of course featured BP in the booth:

I probably still have that race on VHS somewhere. I used to record all the races like that :lol:

There are enough ESPN fails that someone could make an ESPN Motorsports tribute thread and get to last for years. :lol:

Although on second thought, they might already have a home in a different thread that is already in the mostorsports forum.

Last edited:
I pretty much recorded everything NASCAR related on TV on VHS from 2001 to 2004 I think is when I gave up
Anytime I recorded anything it was actually someone else at home doing the recording while I was off at school, namely the '05 Duels.

Not gonna lie, this was me this week :lol:
5HMMrf6.jpg

Hey, they got the guy from Boxing who's at Bristol :lol:

I only caught the very end of that, but from what I heard, I think that that was UFC announcer Bruce Buffer.

On a championship related note, I have two questions regarding the championship. If Denny Hamiln wins it all, will he have FedEx ship the trophy to his house? If Harvick wins, will he get drunk on tv to tribute Budweiser?

Latest Posts

Back