2014 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
Could just photoshop more orange on to this one.

031313-Nascar-Patrick-Crash-Car-DG-PI_20130313090202733_660_320.JPG

Speaking of Crashica: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-outfit-for-movie-screening-will-ferrell.html

Did I interpret that correctly, no spoiler and splitter inspections for 2014? IE, you're free to do whatever you want with them?

Yes, they're free to do whatever with them in terms of adjustments, and heights.

Jayski has a nice summary of what the changes might bring, along with the full Q&A transcript.

Some items discussed included impact speeds on the racetrack, downforce and presumably higher cornering speeds, are you going to have to do anything different tire-wise, how the changes in downforce will effect the tires, throttling back RPMs, the radiator pan, the size of the spoiler and more, View the full transcript.

New prediction:

One of the Hendricks cars, probably dark blue with white stripes, will destroy everyone in the 5 first races after their crew chief found a loophole in those splitter rules, and NASCAR will return to 2013 rules.

Or something to that effect.

My thinking is that the splitter and spoiler are both NASCAR approved, and mounted in approved locations, so it comes to the ride height. Basically, we should never hear the following words again, "The #XX team will be penalized for their car crossing post-race inspection and being found to be higher than the leniency in the rule book."

At least I think so. Does NASCAR still distribute spoilers to the teams for the weekend?

I don't see anything to freak-out about. I guarantee that a Google search can find something 100 times worse.

Of course a Google search would turn up worse crap, but those things aren't going to be appearing in TV commercial's anytime soon, are they?

There wasn't any orange on the scheme he ran last year apart from the rear of the Dollar General scheme.

On a related note, am I the only one who finds pretty much every scheme released so far to be rather crappy looking?

There wasn't any orange on the scheme he ran last year apart from the rear of the Dollar General scheme.

On a related note, am I the only one who finds pretty much every scheme released so far to be rather crappy looking?

Only 2 seem ok with me which is Newman's CAT and Harvick's Jimmy Johns.

I like the new 9 schemes, the Farmers 5, and Gordons AARP car, Tony's Mobil 1 car looks OK, Newman's fit his personality, the 3M 16 is a bit different, not sure on it or the matte finish the 41 has, though I do like that scheme, the Lowes 48 should have stuck with blue, and I think the Cheerios 3 and Jimmy Johns 4 are the worst to this point.

Your're right. I had it backwards, thinking it was mostly orange, with a yellow bumper, not the other way around. :dunce:

Still though, when Home Depot's Husky scheme was run, it was all orange. Home Depot took a back seat to Dollar General last year, but it looks like they've switched it around for next season being the main sponsor again (well, Husky anyway). In any case, in past years, the Home Depot car tended to have much more orange to it than what's being run next season.

Last edited:
Get rid of the yellow in back and keep it black and it looks like Tony's 10th anniversary scheme in his last year with Gibbs. Other than the gradient its gorgeous.

Home Depot took a back seat to Dollar General last year, but it looks like they've switched it around for next season being the main sponsor again (well, Husky anyway).

Actually Dollar General is going to be the main sponsor on 27 races in '14 compared to 17 last year. I am kind of worried for JGR though as Home Depot seems a much more loyal sponsor than Dollar General so this could make Home Depot look elsewhere if they want a bigger presence. I really don't hope they pull an Aflac and drop their sponsorship to a few races a year or two from now leaving the team scrambling to fill the void.

How hard is it to just adapt one of these to a Gen6 Toyota
20home-front.jpg

20homedepot-front.jpg

Honestly it really wouldn't be since those bodies were built by hand mostly. I was thinking the same thing the other day about how I miss the racing they produced and might not look like a "stock" car but works for me.

NASCAR needs like a "throwback" at Darlington or Bristol or something like that.
Gordon runs the rainbow scheme, Jimmie runs his 2006 championship scheme, Kenseth runs one of the old Home Depot schemes from above....
The 18 runs this (With the 36 turned into an 18)
36MMs1999ref-vi.jpg

If not they could run the old Interstate Battery scheme
151381646-dale-jarrett-drives-his-interstate-batteries-gettyimages.jpg

Brad could bring this out of the cobwebs
53214574_display_image.jpg

Of course after that you have the easy ones, like a 1970's Wood Brothers scheme, STP 43, etc.
They do this and everybody makes good money.

Just seen Ambrose's car for next year, looks the best so far IMO:

E2C5EB0CB43A40F99F6151BEE775D58A.ashx

You know what cracks me up about the Ambrose, Petty was against using alcoholic money period (never accepted the Coors Pole award, and didn't run in the Busch clash but I think one year). Now they have this, times sure have changed.

Back