2014 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Jahgee1124, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Northstar

Northstar Premium

The Petty "swoosh" ruins it for me, granted it does fit much better than every other livery they stick it on.

The change probably happened when he saw what Budweiser was willing to pay.

2. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

But that's tea on the 9 car :confused:

Yes bud was on the 9 car when Kahne was driving it, but that was a deal already in place with the merger (after the Gillettes didn't know what the hell they were doing).

3. Adamgp

Adamgp

Twisted Tea is hard iced tea, has alcohol in it.

Similar to Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc.

4. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

So you mean to tell me that they make alcoholic Tea. Mind blown.

On one hand, I'm glad I never told me dad "hey, maybe you'll like that Tea" and bought it for him :lol:

Jahgee1124 likes this.
  5. BKGlover

BKGlover

The alcohol deal I believe was something his mother didn't approve of, but she isn't around, nor is the family business. Kyle Petty may say a lot of things that are questionable at best, but I recall hearing him say on more than one occasion "That is NOT Petty Enterprises. Petty Enterprises died when Boston Ventures took over."

6. BKGlover

BKGlover

Christmas Eve Jayski News:

Two bottom-feeder teams, Go Green and FAS Lane, have merged and are working together in the FAS Lane shop, so I will assume Go Green mothballed at best. Terry Labonte will drive at Daytona.

UPS is giving up all sponsorship after the upcoming season, both of Roush and NASCAR. Also on a personal note, reading the article and use of Google have led to me finding that blue-chip is an actual description, not something Good Ol' JR just said.

Lastly is something people have called for. For testing and Speedweeks at Daytona, NASCAR has raised the spoiler height from 4 inches to 4.5 inches. Nothing on the other three superspeedway races yet.

7. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I'm not shocked at all about the UPS announcement, they were only on the 99 for one race in 2013 so the writing was on the wall that they were slowly leaving.

8. Müle

Müle Premium

Also, it's the 9, not the 43, if that means anything.

9. BKGlover

BKGlover

True, the 43 is the PE connection, not the 9. I hadn't thought of that, but still.

Does anyone else think KP should start a new team? It'd get him out of the booth.

10. The Bman

The Bman Premium

He did have a race team; PE2 Motorsports. Then pe2 merged with Petty Enterprises.

11. BKGlover

BKGlover

How about KPE? Based out of Level Cross, in the old shops.

12. MustangRyan

MustangRyan Premium

Owning a team hasn't kept Michael Waltrip or Brad Daugherty off of the air.

13. Carbonox

Carbonox

What's wrong with having at least one commentator in the entire NASCAR scene who isn't focused on complimenting Princess Sparkle Pony everytime the green debris shows up on the screen?

Harley45 and Adamgp like this.
  14. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Here's the problem: Look at Brad Daugherty and Micheal Waltrip (and Phil Parsons if we want to count him). Can't see how this would be any different.

15. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Rusty also commentated on Nationwide races when his son was crashing his cars.

16. Wilbur

Wilbur

Yes, remember Kenseth's Jeremiah Weed car...same folks made a sweet tea malt beverage BUT do not think it taste at all like sweet tea or you might be spitting it out.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to dislike KP, I prefer him over a few folks in the both because he might say dumb crap but normally calls it as he sees it without blinders on.

17. Ganon83

Ganon83

According to Richard, the no booze rule only applies to cars that run old Petty Enterprises numbers- the 9 comes from the Evernham merger and doesn't count.

18. BKGlover

BKGlover

I was playing on him being "the worst commentator EVAR" as some portray him to be, especially when TNT is in control. I'm with you, what he say may be inflammatory, but most of the time it has merit and when he's proven wrong, he will admit it.

That said, Kyle Petty Enterprises #45. Truth here, I was expecting it to happen when Richard moved the team to the old Yates shop, as from what I've heard and read, Kyle was at least partly running the team.

That answers that then.

19. Johnny1996

Johnny1996

Boy, with all this talk of the peeps in the booth, wouldn't you guys just love to be in the booth yourselves?

20. BKGlover

BKGlover

I'd like to give it a shot. The ears of humanity, maybe not.

21. RVDNuT374

RVDNuT374

I would love to be in the booth, but I wouldn't be able to read the scripted commentary and would end up getting fired after 20 minute due to one of my infamous rants. :sly:

22. Johnny1996

Johnny1996

Either that or your rants would bring in much-needed viewers.

23. RVDNuT374

RVDNuT374

NASCAR would fire me before the rants made a difference because they don't allow freedom of speech from the commentators and drivers anymore. :tdown: It's all about maintaining a false positive image to boost Brian France's already massive ego. :yuck:

24. Johnny1996

Johnny1996

We need either a new guy in place of France, or a new guy in the place of France.

25. RVDNuT374

RVDNuT374

The only way the fans can make a change is to hit him right where it hurts, in the wallet. Don't go to the races and get extorted by the vendors, don't buy any NASCAR merchandise, don't watch it on TV. Us fans need to say once and for all that we're sick and tired of the way you're running the sport!

Johnny1996 likes this.
  26. Johnny1996

Johnny1996

GOOD IDEA ALERT! I'll likely still buy merchandise and watch it, but, as for going to the races, I've never been to one, but will likely still go to one. I'm not yet at the point of abandoning NASCAR yet, but I get closer, little by little, every year.

27. Wilbur

Wilbur

Honestly, people complain about Nascar but every year there are back again with the same attitude. I don't watch nearly the amount of races, I go to only a few (mainly trucks) and have jumped shipped for V8 Supercars as my biggest pavement series to watch or some ALMS/Grand-AM.

28. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

In other words, you call it a good idea but then make a statement that shows otherwise.

I've given up buying NASCAR merchandise and I rarely watch full races now as I find other things more entertaining on TV.

29. Ganon83

Ganon83

The most scripted line in NASCAR history has to be when Jarrett said he was happy both Kenseth and Jimmie were clean cut and not horrible.
    The only year the ratings have actually gone up durin the Chase over the past 5 years was 2011. I wonder who won the championship that year?

30. Johnny1996

Johnny1996

Someone that doesn't hog the spotlight like Jimmie.