2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,643 views
Don't want to say it, but not a good sign if we've been so long without an update for that driver :nervous:
 
That is an incredibly busy part of the track, no way a marshal could have got the tire out of the way safely. With no code 60 in this series, the full course caution was the only way to go. I'd rather a caution than a marshal getting hit by a car, or that tire carcass hitting a P2/PC driver in the head. Safety first.
I agree, safety first. It's just annoying to see 9 critical minutes of the race thrown away for a silly tire. They should be able to deal with an issue like that quicker
 
Another big one. Audi driver out, leading DP gets hit in confusion.
 
At least Jeffrey is moving in the car. Huge hit.
 
That was a lot of debris that was hit by the other cars. Can only assume that they'll end up with quite a bit of damage from that.
 
Woah, glad no one hit the standing Audi. Unbelievable how some of these guys are pushing, they should've known there was a crash...
 
Don't want to say it, but not a good sign if we've been so long without an update for that driver :nervous:

Last I heard was that Memo was conscious and talking. Its just Matteo that we haven't had an update for, but as Marshall Pruitt says, "do not take that as a positive or negative sign. Just a statement of fact"
 
Replay shows a prototype tapping the R8, causing it to slide into the wall.
 
Looks like all they caught on camera was the very end of it, after the Audi smacked into the wall.
 
you ARE dancing...you challenged my assertions about everything...and have been consistently wrong..

No I'm not, you've been stuck on the year that Vipers stopped being backed by Chrysler factory support, and I agreed you were right. There has been nothing else that I was wrong about and making a general term, due to getting one point right doesn't make everything I've said wrong. Nice try tough.

- Can you show me where i even remotely implied that the Corvettes won unopposed after the Vipers left? because i made no such implications at all...

i simply made the FACTUAL statement that Corvette Racing won no championships prior to the Factory Vipers leaving racing...there is no way to dance around that fact...im not taking anything away from Corvette Racing, or downplaying the competition...its just a simple FACT...when the factory Vipers were racing, the Corvettes only won 2 races...

Yes because as I said they debuted in 1999 as a new team, the Viper had been around 4 years already obviously gaining plenty of experience. The fact that Vette could challenge them in their second year of Sportscar racing says something.

im not CLINGING to anything...i made a factual statement and you challenged me on every single front...which you have been thoroughly shown to be wrong...

also, the GTS-R was not phased out for the Comp Coupe...they were built to completely different specifications...

Yes the Comp Coupe was phased in for GT1 racing as support died out for the 2000 GTSr, Dodge wanted to run a program like Porsche did back then by being involved in motorsports but not fully. Thus selling race prep cars to teams to run in Sports Car racing since the GTSr was either going to run out its homologation or needing cars that were more up to date.

how can you possibly say they came to success faster??

Viper GTS-R introduced in 1996
First Series Win - FIA GT 1997 (2nd year)
First Le Mans win - 1998 (3rd year)

Corvette C5-R introduced in 1999
First Series Win - ALMS 2001 (3rd year)
First Lemans win - 2001 (3rd year)

Who did they really have to beat in those years until 1999, there were no other true factory endevors pulled, the Porsche's that ran up against in 97 and 98 in FIA if I remember correctly didn't run every race. The Viper did run every race so obvious who is going to win the Championship, not to take away form the power of the GTSr. The point still stands that Corvette were easily looking to challenge an already well established factory team and did so on a couple occasions in 2000, and ran with them and could have won the 24h. That is why I'm saying what I'm saying, throwing up arbitrary numbers and having them tell the story in a black and white fashion isn't how motorsports history is told.

Interesting fact, the factory Corvettes and Vipers actually debuted in ALMS in the same year (1999)...with the Vipers not participating in the first two events, then sweeping the series to win it...

Yes because ALMS debuted that year. Your fallacy is that because both started in a series at the same time they were on equal footing. What you leave out is that Viper had plenty of practice around the world from 1996 to that point. Corvette debuted that year thus were in infancy.

they achieved class success at Le Mans in the same time frame, but needed an additional year to win their first series championship...by my count the actual evidence (not your fanhood) shows the Vipers were quicker to "success"

Fan-hood? Yes because you don't have an entry level bias for Viper, I'm glad to see only one of us is the blinded fan. And though I'm being partial a bit I have no issue saying it. Numbers only tell part of the story...

Also, based on the way you looked at my comments, your comment here would suggest that the Corvettes entered a competition and did a great job keeping up with the established Vipers...yet the Vipers deserve no similar credit coming into GT2 in 1997 and BEATING established teams like Rook and Konrad, and going on to essentially win 5 consecutive GT titles (FIA: 97-99, ALMS 99-00)

No one said that in each of my post I stress that I was a Viper fan first and believe they also deserve credit and ran well. The problem that is posed, is that you can argue is both truly won when they really had no competition. Then again that's not the case since both won overall at Daytona 24h against LMPs even.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 argued with me when I said the C7.R was too new to win, one of them (#4) is in the pits with the bonnet off now for repairs...

Yeah I argued with you, stuff happens and more is bound to happen to others in the field that's the nature of Enduro racing. However, there are 18 hours still and the #3 is out on the track still running well.

Also Oli is back out there and only a lap or two behind, and that can easily be made up in the time given, especially with strategy changes to push the car longer.
 
Both drivers are conscious and talking I heard.. and it took race control long enough to throw that yellow... Ron Fellows! :)
 
Memo Gidley, driver of the No. 99 GAINSCO Corvette DP, and Matteo Malucelli, driver of the No. 62 Risi Ferrari, have been admitted to Halifax Health. They are awake and communicating, and are undergoing further observation. We will provide updates as they become available.

From Tudor Championship's Facebook
 
Official report is that both Gidlry and Malucellie are awake and communicating, undergoing further observation. That's from the Fox Sports broadcast.
 
That replay still makes me wince.
 
Certainly good news, and those new replay angles, just wow...
 
Per Varsha, replays were deliberately held until they had an update on the drivers.
 
The replay from the rear showed that Memo was going to pass the Krohn Ferrari on the inside, but unknowingly drove into the Risi Ferrari.

Just horrible.
 
Now this is a traffic jam!

And another spin.
 
That was one of the worst accidents I've ever seen, I'm glad to see both of them are "alright"
 
Does anyone have a link to the broadcast, I can only follow the time chart and the onboard. So I have no idea what happens elsewhere.
 
Back