2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,622 views
Quite amusing watching that 458 driving basically sideways into the pits. :lol:

It's great to hear that the drivers are alright. Last time I saw a crash like that live was the Toyota hitting a 458 at the end of the Mulsanne straight at LeMans.
 
The replay from the rear showed that Memo was going to pass the Krohn Ferrari on the inside, but unknowingly drove into the Risi Ferrari.

Just horrible.

Although they're talking about the sun, I'm not even sure that factored into it. It looks like the Risi Ferrari was just hidden behind the Krohn Ferrari.
 
Quite amusing watching that 458 driving basically sideways into the pits. :lol:

It's great to hear that the drivers are alright. Last time I saw a crash like that live was the Toyota hitting a 458 at the end of the Mulsanne straight at LeMans.

And that was Perrazini who just spun at Bus Stop.

By the way, a DP is running with just 1 light, is that legal? In Le Mans you'd have to pit you change it.

And Action Express (Bourdais) spins.
 
Although they're talking about the sun, I'm not even sure that factored into it. It looks like the Risi Ferrari was just hidden behind the Krohn Ferrari.

It could've been a combination of the two factors. Sunlight flashing in your face at Sunset, combined with being behind one car and not seeing a rapidly slowing one could've contributed.
 
Although they're talking about the sun, I'm not even sure that factored into it. It looks like the Risi Ferrari was just hidden behind the Krohn Ferrari.

With how low the drivers sit in the prototypes, all he could see was the Krohn Ferrari and had no idea with the slowed Risi car until it was too late. :(
 
How many adverts? :rolleyes: At least with a Motors stream I stay on track.
 
We are 7 hours in, and not only has there been a horrid accident and constant chaos, but the cut-throat racing has already started.

-The sun didn't help, I'd be certain of that, but as fast as he jumped out there, I'm not sure that he would have gotten "OH S.." before he hit.
-Not sure about the headlight.
-The Bus Stop-Fan favorite, driver menace
-Anyone else a fan of the color-coded lights around the windshield?
 
How many adverts? :rolleyes: At least with a Motors stream I stay on track.

Welcome to American automotive racing television...just like all other sports to true unsung heroes are the guys back at the ad agency that make the commercials. :sly::dopey:
 
No I'm not, you've been stuck on the year that Vipers stopped being backed by Chrysler factory support, and I agreed you were right. There has been nothing else that I was wrong about and making a general term, due to getting one point right doesn't make everything I've said wrong. Nice try tough.



Yes because as I said they debuted in 1999 as a new team, the Viper had been around 4 years already obviously gaining plenty of experience. The fact that Vette could challenge them in their second year of Sportscar racing says something.



Yes the Comp Coupe was phased in for GT1 racing as support died out for the 2000 GTSr, Dodge wanted to run a program like Porsche did back then by being involved in motorsports but not fully. Thus selling race prep cars to teams to run in Sports Car racing since the GTSr was either going to run out its homologation or needing cars that were more up to date.



Who did they really have to beat in those years until 1999, there were no other true factory endevors pulled, the Porsche's that ran up against in 97 and 98 in FIA if I remember correctly didn't run every race. The Viper did run every race so obvious who is going to win the Championship, not to take away form the power of the GTSr. The point still stands that Corvette were easily looking to challenge an already well established factory team and did so on a couple occasions in 2000, and ran with them and could have won the 24h. That is why I'm saying what I'm saying, throwing up arbitrary numbers and having them tell the story in a black and white fashion isn't how motorsports history is told.



Yes because ALMS debuted that year. Your fallacy is that because both started in a series at the same time they were on equal footing. What you leave out is that Viper had plenty of practice around the world from 1996 to that point. Corvette debuted that year thus were in infancy.



Fan-hood? Yes because you don't have an entry level bias for Viper, I'm glad to see only one of us is the blinded fan. And though I'm being partial a bit I have no issue saying it. Numbers only tell part of the story...



No one said that in each of my post I stress that I was a Viper fan first and believe they also deserve credit and ran well. The problem that is posed, is that you can argue is both truly won when they really had no competition. Then again that's not the case since both won overall at Daytona 24h against LMPs even.



Yeah I argued with you, stuff happens and more is bound to happen to others in the field that's the nature of Enduro racing. However, there are 18 hours still and the #3 is out on the track still running well.

Also Oli is back out there and only a lap or two behind, and that can easily be made up in the time given, especially with strategy changes to push the car longer.

I'd format this better but I'm on my phone...

1. Did you not say that the Corvettes beat Factory Vipers at LeMans? Yes you did...wrong...

2. If by "challenge" the Vipers you Kean win 2 races and finish 3rd in the manufacturers championship...then sure...

3. The Comp Coupe is NOT and never was intended to be a GT1 car...please stop talking about things you CLEARLY have no clue about...please...

4. I have no problem admitting I am a fan of the Vipers...that's one of the reasons I know as much about them as I do...and why I don't really appreciate the inaccurate information you're trying to pass off as fact
 
garbage. I figured as much. I wish they would have set cameras around the track to see more.
 
I'd format this better but I'm on my phone...

1. Did you not say that the Corvettes beat Factory Vipers at LeMans? Yes you did...wrong...

I said it due to the orignal thought that 2001 was last year full factory support was given, either way they still beat them factory or not. And if you're going to cling to it as if they wouldn't have if Dodge was still fully on board, then your fan-hood is equalize to mine.

2. If by "challenge" the Vipers you Kean win 2 races and finish 3rd in the manufacturers championship...then sure...

So they didn't challenge the Vipers... Let's not mention how team Corvette didn't run every race like Viper, and the ones the did run they were in contention to beat them and did in two of the six races they participated. So that easily explains why they finished third to a team that raced every race.

3. The Comp Coupe is NOT and never was intended to be a GT1 car...please stop talking about things you CLEARLY have no clue about...please...

There is a Road & Track article, the talk about it on the dodge website and both emphasize how the Viper when to get FIA homologation. It was then used to run and I meant to say GT2 sorry for the typo, and they also raced in GT3. What other reason is there to get FIA homologation unless you plan to sell to teams running in those classes. I guess you think the car was only a primary SCCA car.

4. I have no problem admitting I am a fan of the Vipers...that's one of the reasons I know as much about them as I do...and why I don't really appreciate the inaccurate information you're trying to pass off as fact

I'm not trying to pass them off as facts, just like you and you can check the thousands of post I've done on here, uphold truth and accuracy. If I'm proven wrong I will admit it and I have done so when it came to the fact that factory support left in 2000 not 2001. Not sure how many times you need to hear it.
 
Wow, they really don't want this series to be popular do they? Pathetic coverage. What was wrong with the ALMS online stream from last year?
 
Wow, they really don't want this series to be popular do they? Pathetic coverage. What was wrong with the ALMS online stream from last year?

Daytona had a good stream last year too, so this isn't just an ALMS vs. Grand-Am thing.
 
I have had nothing but a black screen for the last 15 minutes...IMSA is really screwing this up :mad:
 
Anyone have a live timing and scoring link since IMSA failed
 
👎 Tudor United Sportscar Series

Blame fox and IMSA, not the series. Coverage was just as questionable with Sebring and Daytona last year.
 
Back