2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,622 views
Yep. I've given up. Listening to Radio LeMans now.

It's actually all Fox's fault, if you think about it. :p

It's IMSA's live scoring and timing through their website...how is that fox's fault?
 
Blame fox and IMSA, not the series. Coverage was just as questionable with Sebring and Daytona last year.
Except the fact that I have never had problems with ESPN3 live streams before.
 
Daytona had a good stream last year too, so this isn't just an ALMS vs. Grand-Am thing.

ALMS live streamed all of their races for international fans who didn't get TV coverage, pretty sure Grand Am didn't do that. (Probably because they had no international fans, but whatever). I was just pointing out how awesome the ALMS service was, and how it's stupid that it didn't continue on into the new series.
 
Except the fact that I have never had problems with ESPN3 live streams before.

And ESPN didn't cover the Sebring race last year. Speed did.
 
The #4 C7-R stream is going, and it's not just an in-car camera either.

Just bumbing this incase someone didn't notice it. Shows both racing and pit action, even others then just corvette
 
And ESPN didn't cover the Sebring race last year. Speed did.
The fact is I had no problems watching tv or live streams of all the races, ALMS or Grand Am last year...this year, not so much. They are off to a great start, and they wonder why ratings are so poor for racing. They might want to actually show the 🤬 races!
 
That IMSA website is a maze, anyone care to share a direct link to the stream?
Please?
 
The fact is I had no problems watching tv or live streams of all the races, ALMS or Grand Am last year...this year, not so much. They are off to a great start, and they wonder why ratings are so poor for racing. They might want to actually show the 🤬 races!

I was reffering to the coverage of the endurance races themselves, which have become increasingly annoying under the broadcast rights of Fox.

All this does is confirm what said last year: This series should've gone to the NBC Sports Network. It doesn't matter what sport they cover, they do a damn good job of it and not once do they leave me the feeling that they don't care.
 
Does anyone know if the 4th feed (titled #48 audi I think) on Speed TV's website is the same as the #4 C7R IMSA stream, or whatever the working/formerly working multicamera stream frlm IMSA is? Want to make sure I'm watching the best stream available.
 
I said it due to the orignal thought that 2001 was last year full factory support was given, either way they still beat them factory or not. And if you're going to cling to it as if they wouldn't have if Dodge was still fully on board, then your fan-hood is equalize to mine.
im rather confident that a factory backed Viper team could have continued to win the ALMS manufacturers title...why wouldn't they be favorites? they had not been beaten in class in 5 years...

So they didn't challenge the Vipers... Let's not mention how team Corvette didn't run every race like Viper, and the ones the did run they were in contention to beat them and did in two of the six races they participated. So that easily explains why they finished third to a team that raced every race.
the Vipers didn't compete in the first two rounds in 1999...racing in only one more race than the C5-R's...won easily...

There is a Road & Track article, the talk about it on the dodge website and both emphasize how the Viper when to get FIA homologation. It was then used to run and I meant to say GT2 sorry for the typo, and they also raced in GT3. What other reason is there to get FIA homologation unless you plan to sell to teams running in those classes. I guess you think the car was only a primary SCCA car.

i REALLY wish you would stop talking about things that you have no clue about...it doesn't help you out...

lets look at the Viper Comp Coupe shall we??...

from an article in Car and Driver written in April 2003...

Maybe next year, when Dodge expects the CC to be legal for both the Grand American and SCCA/Speed World Challenge road-racing series, we'll be able to take another ride. Until then, we'll have to pester the 60 lucky folks who have already bought CCs for Viper-club races.

when the CC launched it was ONLY legal for Viper Club races...Dodge hoped that by the following year they would be able to achieve admission into Grand Am and SCCA or Speed World Challenge races...NOT GT1, NOT GT2...

the car had to be specially modified by Oreca (and others) to meet GT2 regulations...that was done outside of Dodge, and by the privateer teams on their own...not Dodge...

the SRT website describes the car as "an affordable, working-class club racer." that certainly is NOT a car intended to replace the GTS-R....
 
Does anyone know if the 4th feed (titled #48 audi I think) on Speed TV's website is the same as the #4 C7R IMSA stream, or whatever the working/formerly working multicamera stream frlm IMSA is? Want to make sure I'm watching the best stream available.
Yes it is the same feed and I gotta say, this live feed is a lot better than the crappy coverage on fox sports 2 all day. Nice to not have any commercials every 5 minutes...
 
Yes it is the same feed and I gotta say, this live feed is a lot better than the crappy coverage on fox sports 2 all day. Nice to not have any commercials every 5 minutes...
I agree. But the commentary is just the MRN "Listen Live" stream.
 
I was reffering to the coverage of the endurance races themselves, which have become increasingly annoying under the broadcast rights of Fox.

All this does is confirm what said last year: This series should've gone to the NBC Sports Network. It doesn't matter what sport they cover, they do a damn good job of it and not once do they leave me the feeling that they don't care.
I agree, anyone but FOX! I just thought with the muscle of NASCAR behind them we might not have such issues with this new series.
 
Yes it is the same feed and I gotta say, this live feed is a lot better than the crappy coverage on fox sports 2 all day. Nice to not have any commercials every 5 minutes...
Yeah, here in Canada we've had the same 5 or so commercials on Speed since it changed to Fox Sports in the US. They still play the Grand-Am on Speed commercial...
 
We are aware of the issues with the http://IMSA.com stream and are working quickly to resolve the issue.


And yes use the #4 feed for what appears to be lots of cameras. 👍
 
Jav
Thank you sir! Much appreciated!
But oh God! Who are those idiots calling the race!!? Do they even know what's going on??
Where's Hindy!!!??
For reasons I cannot fathom IMSA declined Radio Le Mans the opportunity to broadcast their races, and gave the rights to MRN instead. No, I have never heard of them either. And yes, they are pretty terrible.
 
What is the cause of the current caution?
009 Aston had a tire go down and it parked off track, so no real reason for such a long yellow other than the whole truffle shuffle thing...
 
Back