2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,608 views
Can't even keep the stream running. Great coverage as always.
 
im rather confident that a factory backed Viper team could have continued to win the ALMS manufacturers title...why wouldn't they be favorites? they had not been beaten in class in 5 years...

They hadn't been beat in five years true, but who was there really challenging them on a full time level? No one.

the Vipers didn't compete in the first two rounds in 1999...racing in only one more race than the C5-R's...won easily...

:lol: The fact you some how think it's a logical argument to compare a four year senior team to a brand new factory team with no experience is asinine. Common sense would dictate the experienced group wins and they did. If Vette had as much experience or half even I could understand what you're trying to say but this trite.



i REALLY wish you would stop talking about things that you have no clue about...it doesn't help you out...

lets look at the Viper Comp Coupe shall we??...

from an article in Car and Driver written in April 2003...



when the CC launched it was ONLY legal for Viper Club races...Dodge hoped that by the following year they would be able to achieve admission into Grand Am and SCCA or Speed World Challenge races...NOT GT1, NOT GT2...

the car had to be specially modified by Oreca (and others) to meet GT2 regulations...that was done outside of Dodge, and by the privateer teams on their own...not Dodge...

Yet dodge advertises it in there sells mission about the FIA homologation. Obviously they wanted to sell cars abroad as much as in the states. I know how that car started thanks, my point was they became cars raced overseas and Dodge wanted to promote that to sell more. Also I find it rude that I have absolutely no clue on a subject because I got one thing wrong...

the SRT website describes the car as "an affordable, working-class club racer." that certainly is NOT a car intended to replace the GTS-R....

Others didn't see it that way hence the use of it overseas which was the point I was making. I never said that Dodge was giving full on support to racing groups to do this, but they did tell Road and Track in 2004 that they wanted to sell cars like Porsche did to many racing groups and series with the Cup and RSR.

Also I agree the car isn't a GT racer and really shouldn't have been pushed to be one, nor do I think it's an actual replacement for GT racing. Just telling you how others treated it because it was not feasible to push the Viper any longer, just like others who pushed the C5-R well beyond even when the C6R was in existence.
 
For reasons I cannot fathom IMSA declined Radio Le Mans the opportunity to broadcast their races, and gave the rights to MRN instead. No, I have never heard of them either. And yes, they are pretty terrible.
Last year they tried to keep them away from the race also and the fans pretty much crucified them for it so they quickly changed their mind, I really don't know what happened this time around...
WTF is up with all the NASCRAP this and NASCRAP that advertisement!?
 
Will you two go argue about Vette vs Viper someplace else please,we are trying to complain about the tv/radio/interweb coverage.;)

It technically has to do with Sport Car racing in the U.S., but you're probably right about taking it somewhere else. @Metfanant if you wish to continue just post up on my profile.
 
Yay!! Finally, an hour later, I'm finally watching the race again. And the imsa stream seems to be fixed
 
Yay!! Finally, an hour later, I'm finally watching the race again. And the imsa stream seems to be fixed
Is the IMSA track feed fixed? Is it better than the #4 C7R stream?
 
Will you two go argue about Vette vs Viper someplace else please,we are trying to complain about the tv/radio/interweb coverage.;)
LMAO!! Brilliant post!! Funny stuff man!

Is the IMSA track feed fixed? Is it better than the #4 C7R stream?
Same one actually
 
It sucks that the RLM broadcast is so far behind the IMSA feeds. I tried the old trick of muting the IMSA feed and pulling up RLM, but they're minutes behind. :/
 
For reasons I cannot fathom IMSA declined Radio Le Mans the opportunity to broadcast their races, and gave the rights to MRN instead. No, I have never heard of them either. And yes, they are pretty terrible.

I believe some if not all of them broadcast the NASCAR races on MRN, they're the reason why I don't listen to their NASCAR broadcasts anymore. They have the rights because NASCAR owns MRN.
 
Is the IMSA track feed fixed? Is it better than the #4 C7R stream?
I'm not sure entirely sure. I was having trouble with the C7R feed, but I think it might be the same footage. It seems to be mostly a camera high up near the start finish following the cars around the track
 
Is it just me, or is the IMSA stream only working for a few seconds every few minutes?
 
I'm a bit irritated that the #4 Corvette is that far back it's running faster than most cars if not all in its class.
 
Which stream? The C7R?

No, the IMSA stream. C7R stream I know works perfectly, but I don't watch that one. But things seem to be working out of no where now.
 
The commentators just said the Deltawing's back on track. Can someone confirm this?
 
It sucks that the RLM broadcast is so far behind the IMSA feeds. I tried the old trick of muting the IMSA feed and pulling up RLM, but they're minutes behind. :/
I definitely wouldn't mind them being behind, anything is better than these MRN morons! Can you share that link?
 
The commentators just said the Deltawing's back on track. Can someone confirm this?

According to imsa.com timing and scoring its in the pits, but I did notice that the laps completed just went from 164 to 165 when the page refreshed.
 
Jav
God those Mazdas are embarrassingly painful to watch!!

They've stated it's a 5 year development program... I've gotta hand it to MRN/IMSA though, their coverage (despite that little hiccup where it went down) is no where near as bad as I thought it would be. They're no RLM, but credit where it's due I guess.
 
Jav
God those Mazdas are embarrassingly painful to watch!!
They said the engine is the same as the one from their production cars.
 
I feel silly saying this, but the Rolex 24 is the top trending "trend" on Twitter right now..
 
Damn, one of the "Dodge" Vipers is behind the wall.
 
:lol: anyone else notice the #4 C7R stream has been on for 274 hours? :lol:
 
RadioLemans is sorely missed; at least give us some commentary.
 
Back