2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,569 views
It's their first 24h race, Viper did quite well for it you should give them a little slack. Podium is never easily with in reach in the first 3 hours of a 24h race. Toyota P1 team can easily tell you that :lol:, so could Vette.

they raced at LeMans last year...had a rough day of it though...there was SIGNIFICANT improvement from then to now...

and im not trying to sound harsh on them at all...very happy with what looks like a podium for the #91...just a slightly bitter pill to swallow knowing both cars could be challenging for a class win right now...

its one thing if youre off the pace the entire race, and work your way to the front...its another to be winning and just let it slip away
 
Last edited:
Wonder why they threw it if it was fairly clear that was a cut tire. And he just pitted.
 
Very irritating that they threw a yellow for that. Lay off the red bull guys...
 
Caution out, and that doesn't help Porsche GTLM race is now on

And ironically, it was caused by a Porsche :lol:

That means now all the class battles are coming down to the wire.
 
WTFFFF screws up the GTLM and GTD battle STUPID!
 
Wow I'm so glad that the people overseas get to see why American car fans hate how NASCAR like cautions get implemented even if this is "IMSA" running the event.
 
Either that's the throttle or a tire.
 
That is a pathetic yellow. That's a slow corner and no risk.
 
I had a question. Is the prototype class running in TUDOR eligible for Le Mans or are they not the same classification?
 
I'm torn between who I want to win in GTLM, I want Porsche to win but i'd like Priaulx to win as he had such a crap year last year.
 
they raced at LeMans last year...had a rough day of it though...there was SIGNIFICANT improvement from then to now

I forgot they were there last year, I guess it was because they didn't do more than average, plus the BoP screwed them.
 
He bounced off some tyres at about 10mph. Really not caution worthy. Although this finish will be epic.
 
Well on a positive note this race just got way more exciting..
 
Contrast with Le Mans/Nurburgring
"Yeah there's bits of carbon fiber on-track, so, just dont run them over or something. "
 
They're getting ready for the 500.
 
I had a question. Is the prototype class running in TUDOR eligible for Le Mans or are they not the same classification?

The open-top P2 cars are indeed, they are literally just bolt-ons away from being ACO compliant.
 
Well on a positive note this race just got way more exciting..

Sadly true yes :lol:

Wow I'm so glad that the people overseas get to see why American car fans hate how NASCAR like cautions get implemented even if this is "IMSA" running the event.

I told my friend about this, he thought it woudn't be this bad...
 
Funny, I hadn't noticed Dale Earnhardt Jnr running in second place in any class... so why the caution?

:lol: :lol:

...what? Considering that NASCAR hardly ever throws out cautions for him and most people argued they were to help JJ what the hell are you on?
 
The open-top P2 cars are indeed, they are literally just bolt-ons away from being ACO compliant.
But the Corvette and Ford Ecoboost cars are not? I mean I thought the unification would make all of the series the same classifications.
 
Back