2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,577 views
I literally just left the race while the #4 vette running second was breathing down the #911 Porsche. I get to the car and check live timing & see it drop way back. Wow.
 
I was lucky enough to go out and snoblow the property for 2 hours and not miss too much, yet.
I'm still currently about an hour and 15 minutes behind.

Currently for me it's a debris caution with just under 3 hours to go.
Catching up on the DVR.
 
According to the commentators Augusto Farfus is best known for being Joey Hand's teammate in DTM and is paid a lot of money by Audi to race there. :lol:

Yeah, just heard that. They're abit off their game. At least they aren't repeatidly irritating with misinformation like the MRN commentators were, they should clearly stuck to NASCAR since sportscar is clearly too much for them to deal with.
 
I've been watching the Daytona 24hrs for the first time (since about an hour ago) and I keep being suprised by the breadth of the field. Oh, there's Jaime McMurrey... then a few minutes later... oh, there's Shane van Gisbergen... Mika Salo... Augusto Farfus... Nick Tandy... and so on.

Edit: Oh, there's Mike Rockenfeller.
 
^ Have you seen Mr Fox Commercial? Great driver. 👍
 
Part of me wants to sarcastically say "Nice job on the Engine switch Ganassi, looks like that Manufacterer money was worth it), but I also didn't exactly see many teams considering the BMWs either (despite being tried and true).

Roo
I've been watching the Daytona 24hrs for the first time (since about an hour ago) and I keep being suprised by the breadth of the field. Oh, there's Jaime McMurrey... then a few minutes later... oh, there's Shane van Gisbergen... Mika Salo... Augusto Farfus... Nick Tandy... and so on.

That's the great appeal of the race each year. Because its perfectly situated way at the beginning of the season before most major series start up, it means a lot of big names have the time to come down and compete in it.
 
Thought they want to dump the Mazda in the lake. :lol:

"This race never happened."
 
Chip lives by the old motto "never race on your own dime" and BMW wasnt sending a check anytime soon.
 
Bourdais obviously the faster driver here. Despite the gear-shift issue he leads, just hoping the #10 can get back in the thick of it.
 
Bourdais obviously the faster driver here. Despite the gear-shift issue he leads, just hoping the #10 can get back in the thick of it.
And he just made a mistake getting on pit road.
 
Bourdais testing the breaks, let's hope he slowed down enough. :lol:

EDIT: Love the sound of the Chevy.
 
That's one way of slowing down for the pits.
 
Damn, Seb just did the biggest braking slide ever :lol:

Sideways braking: Good for cars, not for Semis.
 
911 didn't get enough fuel. GTLM may get really close really fast
 
And since they're not covering it; Spencer Pumpelly has gotten up to 2nd in class and is 14 seconds behind the leader now.

Go Lizards :)
 
They were already discussing that the 911 would need 2 pitstops by the end of the race.
 
Never in my wildest imagination would I see not 1, 2 but 4 classes with actual battles for the lead. If this is the kind of action we are gonna get with this new series, then mah body is more then ready 👍
 
Wow, I went to sleep 8 hours ago with most cars still running, get back now and most of the cars that we're running up front have fallen down the order. Good to see that there are still good battles for the win in all 4 classes though.
 
911 didn't get enough fuel. GTLM may get really close really fast

Sad, too bad 911s have been having issues as well. Too bad my team also had these issues. Seems the team that hasn't had much 24h experience might win GTLM. Guess winter development and not building a new car was their friend if they win. Oh and a pretty great driver line up.

Wow, I went to sleep 8 hours ago with most cars still running, get back now and most of the cars that we're running up front have fallen down the order. Good to see that there are still good battles for the win in all 4 classes though.

Same here, and I'm pissed the last time I was awake Vette was running second strong but no more.
 
I love the Bond reference, which I assume is intentional, with the Aston Martin number "007". 👍
 
55 BMW has to stop again,its 32 laps into a stint so the 911 is ok
 
Final hour underway. Thanks for the company once again guys and girls.
 
Given the straightline speed deficit I'm pretty happy at least one of the BMW's is challenging for a class podium. Shame Turner have never been really at the sharp end of the GTD class though, I'd have liked to see that.

edit: 4000th Post :D
 
Last edited:
Back