2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,243 views
Ah yes the good old truck leavings of Le Mans it's quite a spectacle, as they all leave and nicely letting each other cut in line to leave. I wonder if the Audi truck will leave first again this year to hurry back and prepare for another w...

Thanks for the laughs swagger
it was a question.... I asked because i didnt know, which is what a forum is meant to be for...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to edit that before a moderator will do it for you along with a warning.
 

Best part:

"A DP is nothing more than a late seventies Trans-Am car with more bodywork. They're an antique, tube-frame car and the mentality of the people we have to deal with is equally antique. They don't want change, they don't want technology. They're not interested in selling technology and I think it's going to kill them in the long run. They're just hurtling toward the cliff and they don't seem to realize it."​

It is possible to have simple cars and cutting edge technology that isn't expensive people, they just need to want to do it. It'll be better for everyone. I totally agree with Rob Hill here:

"I've been saying since March of last year that in my opinion they should have said 2014 is going to be a learning year," Hill said. "They should have said the P2 guys run what they have and the DP guys run what they have. That would have meant no extra costs for everyone. They could have said each category gets its own points and we'll do that through Daytona, Sebring and Long Beach--three very diverse tracks--and then figure out how far off the two categories are and begin to make some adjustments.

"That way everyone would have come to Daytona with what they ran last year. All of us would know what we had and there would have been no added costs for anyone."
​
But no, we can't have a Le Mains car be on top of a DP at Daytona, no way, it'd ruin everything.

​

Delicious_Tears_4507.jpg

You better include the tears of experienced team owners into your feeding frenzy there too.

Real glad you like the fact that our Sports Car racing heritage is being beaten in a corner.
 
Honestly, I'm surprised and confused by his views lately.
 
Best part:
But no, we can't have a Le Mains car be on top of a DP at Daytona, no way, it'd ruin everything.

For all the angst about P2 vs. DP performance, the P2s beat out all of the non-Corvette DPs.
 
Honestly, I'm surprised and confused by his views lately.

The direction of US Sportscar Racing has confused me lately.
 
Was the penalty ever over-turned? Or has Audi taken it at Rolex 24?
 
The direction of US Sportscar Racing has confused me lately.

Because Nascar mate. Because nascar. Pantomime Sports Entertainment is the only thing they understand and this series hasn't got the guts to run as a sport.

Was the penalty ever over-turned? Or has Audi taken it at Rolex 24?

Yes. Ferrari got the class win back.
 
Because Nascar mate. Because nascar. Pantomime Sports Entertainment is the only thing they understand and this series hasn't got the guts to run as a sport.



Yes. Ferrari got the class win back.
Thanks. Was curious.
 

"A DP is nothing more than a late seventies Trans-Am car with more bodywork. They're an antique, tube-frame car..."

:rolleyes:

This whole thread has turned into :rolleyes: really. Full of people jumping to conclusions after 1 race on a track that is an anomaly compared to the rest of the schedule. Mostly by the typical ALMS snobs that have bashed everything since the beginning. "hurrr dps bad cos tube frame monocoque master race cos it haz teknology"

"durr gtlm is tha best class cause errything so close cos dey balance tha performance but prototype sux cos they balance tha performance"

etc.
 
Last edited:
Let's not be too harsh and not draw definitive conclusions. It was USCR's first round in history, I'm sure the public outcry in their own american audience, bloggers and dedicated sites will make them correct what was wrong. I'm keeping hope that the powers that be understand that in sports cars the sense of achievement after that many hours of racing surpasses the need for a last lap artificially engineered "show".
 
You may want to edit that before a moderator will do it for you along with a warning.
I might as well claim it as sarcasm/ next time to get away with it...

But anyways, I still don't think the fact it was their first race that it can be blamed on that fact. Different leagues have split to come back with new officials, such as the renaming of the ILMC and so forth, but they are governed by the FIA. I'm not sure if the Tudor sports car series is controlled by either ACO FIA or what not but if what they did was "for show" it just shows how poorly American racing has declined since regulations have been put in place to assimilate, yet not innovate.. DP's haven't changed completely since the early to mid 2000's which I just shake my head about it...
 
:rolleyes:

This whole thread has turned into :rolleyes: really. Full of people jumping to conclusions after 1 race on a track that is an anomaly compared to the rest of the schedule. Mostly by the typical ALMS snobs that have bashed everything since the beginning. "hurrr dps bad cos tube frame monocoque master race cos it haz teknology"

"durr gtlm is tha best class cause errything so close cos dey balance tha performance but prototype sux cos they balance tha performance"

etc.

It is fair to say LMP's were way off pace. As least the GT battles are as good as ALMS though, so 👍 there.
 
It is fair to say LMP's were way off pace. As least the GT battles are as good as ALMS though, so 👍 there.
Yeah... GT's passing "prototypes" is a sad story to me..
 
Yeah... GT's passing "prototypes" is a sad story to me..

Seeing GtD pass GTLM who passed LMPC who were quicker over a lap than LMP2 was crazy.
 
:rolleyes:

This whole thread has turned into :rolleyes: really. Full of people jumping to conclusions after 1 race on a track that is an anomaly compared to the rest of the schedule. Mostly by the typical ALMS snobs that have bashed everything since the beginning. "hurrr dps bad cos tube frame monocoque master race cos it haz teknology"

"durr gtlm is tha best class cause errything so close cos dey balance tha performance but prototype sux cos they balance tha performance"

etc.

Well GTLM is the best class though :P
 
For all the angst about P2 vs. DP performance, the P2s beat out all of the non-Corvette DPs.
Dont forget to include the other 33 cars that finished less than 80 laps down,including the GTD Viper.
 
It was the first race. I'll hold my judgement until later in the season. They will change things over time (hopefully for the better). I just wish there would be better tv/stream coverage for the series. I thought it was a good competitive race for the most part, and being there made it that much more enjoyable. Fix a few kinks and it could be a great series. And scrap the artificial yellows and unnecessary full course cautions.
 
Last edited:
It was the first race. I'll hold my judgement until later in the season. They will change things over time (hopefully for the better). I just wish there would be better tv/stream coverage for the series. I thought it was a good competitive race for the most part, and being there made it that much more enjoyable. Fix a few kinks and it could be a great series. And scrap the artificial yellows and unnecessary full course cautions.
:bowdown:
 
Let's not be too harsh and not draw definitive conclusions. It was USCR's first round in history, I'm sure the public outcry in their own american audience, bloggers and dedicated sites will make them correct what was wrong. I'm keeping hope that the powers that be understand that in sports cars the sense of achievement after that many hours of racing surpasses the need for a last lap artificially engineered "show".

I'll believe that when I see it. They get that same backlash when they do it in NASCAR, and nothing has ever changed, no matter how much noise there is.
 
So did Paul Miller lose their watch sponsor after all?
 
So did Paul Miller lose their watch sponsor after all?
That's my dad's name. :lol:

Anyone know where I can find specs/regulations for both of the Continental Tire series classes? Their new website sucks.
 
:rolleyes:

This whole thread has turned into :rolleyes: really. Full of people jumping to conclusions after 1 race on a track that is an anomaly compared to the rest of the schedule. Mostly by the typical ALMS snobs that have bashed everything since the beginning. "hurrr dps bad cos tube frame monocoque master race cos it haz teknology"

"durr gtlm is tha best class cause errything so close cos dey balance tha performance but prototype sux cos they balance tha performance"

etc.
I agree with you that people need to calm down about the equality, it was never going to be easy at Daytona. However, you can't deny Memo would have been a lot safer in a car with a carbon monocoque. For the speeds these cars are doing now the DP chassis simply isn't safe enough.


You can't deny us "ALMS snobs" (thanks for the flattering nickname BTW) that the GTLM BOP in ALMS was a hell of a lot better than the often farcical BOP from Grand Am. (See last year's Daytona 24 for a great example) Also, I fail to see how you can be mad at us for worrying about the safety of the drivers. Surely you can see why the tube frame isn't good enough after Memo's accident.

Also, you could show a little class and not throw fuel onto the fire by using degrading nicknames (like "ALMS Snob") when arguing. Not only would it help keep things civil, but people might take you a little more seriously. The name calling is rather childish.

Edit: For the record, I don't/didn't hate Grand Am, it just didn't appeal to me the way ALMS did. I wasn't a fan of the way it was officiated, and until the Corvette DPs came out the cars were absolutely hideous. (Although compared to today's F1 cars, maybe they weren't so bad...)
 
Last edited:
Back