2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,219 views
Everyone really needed to know that. 👎👎

Since my comment was in relation to what Maniac said, I don't see anything wrong with it. You only take issue with it because it clashes with your beloved series. You could have ignored my comment if you didn't like my explanation rather than give out a knee jerk cry because of it.

If you can't accept that TUSC has issues it needs to clear up or don't like people point them out then not sure why you hang around this sub-forum.
 
Since my comment was in relation to what Maniac said, I don't see anything wrong with it. You only take issue with it because it clashes with your beloved series. You could have ignored my comment if you didn't like my explanation rather than give out a knee jerk cry because of it.

If you can't accept that TUSC has issues it needs to clear up or don't like people point them out then not sure why you hang around this sub-forum.
I agree it's not perfect, but if you're going to sit on your computer and beat the dead horse about how crappy something is then not watch the race to see if anything has been done about it is the mentality that got sports car racing nowhere the past 10 years
 
I agree it's not perfect, but if you're going to sit on your computer and beat the dead horse about how crappy something is then not watch the race to see if anything has been done about it is the mentality that got sports car racing nowhere the past 10 years
Let's be honest, until advertising revenue drops they won't really be motivated to make changes. A rough Twitter feed is annoying, but lost money is job-threatening.

If you keep watching and it doesn't get better it is your fault. Their money is based on viewership numbers.

I dropped all cable for this reason. The traditional TV method is archaic, and sports car and endurance racing never could get it quite right. Why would I pay for an experience I don't enjoy? Why should he watch a race series that he thinks is screwed up via a broadcast that really doesn't care about the viewers?
 
Let's be honest, until advertising revenue drops they won't really be motivated to make changes. A rough Twitter feed is annoying, but lost money is job-threatening.

If you keep watching and it doesn't get better it is your fault. Their money is based on viewership numbers.

I dropped all cable for this reason. The traditional TV method is archaic, and sports car and endurance racing never could get it quite right. Why would I pay for an experience I don't enjoy? Why should he watch a race series that he thinks is screwed up via a broadcast that really doesn't care about the viewers?
I think that other than the race control issue which everyone and their brother has been on IMSA about, the series has done a better job than I had expected. Yes, I think IMSA is very incompetent in some areas, but I have faith that they can take a hint and advice from the people in the series and make it better.
 
I agree it's not perfect, but if you're going to sit on your computer and beat the dead horse about how crappy something is then not watch the race to see if anything has been done about it is the mentality that got sports car racing nowhere the past 10 years

I don't see where you get the right to say that Sport Car racing hasn't gone anywhere in the past 10 years, maybe not in the U.S. but else where it is doing extremely well... My attitude is justified, I explained it and yet you use emotion to counter it. It's not a dead horse, you just don't want to hear it because it a series you support.

I think that other than the race control issue which everyone and their brother has been on IMSA about, the series has done a better job than I had expected. Yes, I think IMSA is very incompetent in some areas, but I have faith that they can take a hint and advice from the people in the series and make it better.

And once it gets to a point that it is better then I'll watch, also you clearly only saw the parts that upset you and not how I'm following the thread to see if it improves. I rather waste five to twenty minutes of reading posts than several hours of disappointment that could have been better spent.
 
I don't see where you get the right to say that Sport Car racing hasn't gone anywhere in the past 10 years, maybe not in the U.S. but else where it is doing extremely well... My attitude is justified, I explained it and yet you use emotion to counter it. It's not a dead horse, you just don't want to hear it because it a series you support.
I mean if it helps you sleep at night go right ahead. I'm not here to tell you how to live. I'm here to show my support and race experiences since this thread is the "2014 United Sports Car Championship" not the "I hate IMSA Praise Le Mans" thread.

I'd argue that sports car racing globally has had its share of ups and downs over the past 10 years as well, but has been better than American sports car racing which has been divided. As someone who watched and went to races for both previous series and enjoyed them, I don't get why now that there's a united series why anyone wouldn't want to watch. If you're this disgusted with TUSCC after 2 races to the point of not watching, you're not a sports car racing fan in my books.
 
I mean if it helps you sleep at night go right ahead. I'm not here to tell you how to live. I'm here to show my support and race experiences since this thread is the "2014 United Sports Car Championship" not the "I hate IMSA Praise Le Mans" thread.

Where does anyone say that? From the last several comments we've said PWC is doing a great job and can still get better and TUSC should learn from that. How is that a IMSA vs ACO Le Mans? Blancpain isn't Le Mans either, thus it seems your the one changing this into a vs. Le Mans thread. Seeing as your a massive nationalist supporter as far as racing series go. So once again where did this happen?

I'd argue that sports car racing globally has had its share of ups and downs over the past 10 years as well, but has been better than American sports car racing which has been divided. As someone who watched and went to races for both previous series and enjoyed them, I don't get why now that there's a united series why anyone wouldn't want to watch. If you're this disgusted with TUSCC after 2 races to the point of not watching, you're not a sports car racing fan in my books.

No one said it hasn't had ups and downs, all racing goes through those phases and sport in general actually. It's easy why people don't want to watch, unlike the other two there isn't very good coverage, the main radio service of NASCAR prior to XM/Sirius is now one of the major tools of coverage (as if this is the 90s). :lol: How am I not a Sports Car racing fan, that's quite the sweeping general conclusion. This take it or leave it attitude to prove to a user that hardly knows much of the global workings and little knowledge on Sports Car racing and racing in general, doesn't hold much validity in passing judgement. It's even more ironic since you were one of those people not that long ago that didn't care too much for the merger on the basis that prices would increase for DP teams (without any proof) and that too much was being done to cater to LMP runners.

Me not wanting to waste my time on bad calls, manufactured finishes and better needed BoP and rather wait to see it get better hardly makes me a non-Sports Car racing fan. Especially since I rather just put my full attention into Blacpain (which has been good for the past few years) and WEC, but I'm not a Sports Car fan:indiff::dopey:
 
Why are they showing track guides DURING the race. Come on, guys. :indiff:

"The Cadillac guys are going to make a change, not sure about anyone else."

Go home pit lane reporter, you're drunk.
 
Last edited:
Double post, delete.
 
Last edited:
Yacaman hasn't learned his lesson from last year on the street circuit it seems :scared:
 
DP's crying about getting the chrome horn from one of those girly prototypes.:lol:
 
Wow at how many commercials and the length of them for such a short race. I in all seriousness think there is about as much commercial time as actual race broadcast.
 
Last edited:
DP's crying about getting the chrome horn from one of those girly prototypes.:lol:
Heck if I was in a LMP2 that isn't faster than a DP on a street circuit, I'd be hitting the faster DP cars too ;)
 
5 min of racing,5 min of commercials.👎👎
 
Why the hell would we want to see a pass for the lead anyway
 
I wish they would show the race in picture in picture in the upper corner while commercials play.
 
Uh they came back to the race just to say stay tuned right after this break, 3 commercial breaks in a row back to back. This is ridiculous.

I'm literally yelling at the TV they are cutting to commercials so often. And they last like 5min.
 
Last edited:
oh goody the last 5 min of the race will be commercial free.
 
Ryan Dalziel may have had an issue, he was fourth last time I looked at the timing screen, but Olivier Pla and Richard Westbrook are listed ahead of him. He's also a lap down in the final standings.

Perhaps he threw it off on the final lap?

EDIT: TV graphics say the Dalziel car came fifth, while the timing and scoring says sixth. What the?
 
What were you watching? I saw Ryan Dalziel passing both RLL cars in a wide open track... oh wait, that was a commercial for what we were watching :lol:

Heck of a race when we weren't seeing that huge leaderboard or a commercial. Jordan Taylor gave it his all
 
Wow this Long Beach race looks beautiful!!!
:bowdown: Tudor @ Long Beach

Guys i think i found away to air these races via here via youtube. Im going to use my YouTube Caprure App and set it up in a wat to record my USCR recordings. If the upload to YouTube works then i think this may work out for the guys whom cant get the airing,

-Brb
 
Wow this Long Beach race looks beautiful!!!
:bowdown: Tudor @ Long Beach

Guys i think i found away to air these races via here via youtube. Im going to use my YouTube Caprure App and set it up in a wat to record my USCR recordings. If the upload to YouTube works then i think this may work out for the guys whom cant get the airing,

-Brb

Why bother? You'll probably have it taken down because of copyright infringement, and the streaming is available for all.
 
I don't feel there were enough commercials during the telecast. I mean, there was almost as much race as there were commercials. I think we should start a campaign to get Fox to bump that ratio up to at least 70/30 because commercials are all really tune in for.
 
In my opinion, I think there needed to be more commercials. I felt like we watching the race way too much. I mean, c'mon, they gave us 5 minutes of action! That's way too much! Would of been better if they showed us double the commercials. Moar!!!!!!
 
The Fox tv deal is terrible,the Ganassi car has traction control that is far superior to the rest of the DP's,the P2 cars have no chance to win with less HP and the DP spec tires,GTLM is still the best class,and I will DVR the next round and watch it in half the time with only passing interest.
 
Back