2019 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 472 comments
radiolemans reported that the 92 was going to change the exhaust before they even pitted, they played a radio broadcast about it that ES apparently missed. Changed everything else while they were at it.

The 58 year old amateur racer found himself in over his head and decided to call it a day. Without the 3rd driver the other 2 couldnt race.

I think it what a wise decision and it does make you wonder how he got threaded the needle to begin with. But respect for pulling the plug.

Here is the 88 car doing a nice spin as well..

You talking about Hoshino? He was all over the place. So he really called it quits so the #88 is done?

^^Going back to this post is this accurate?

Wait, how did that happen? I didn't see it, I got a stupid Chevrolet "focus group" commercial instead.

Last edited:
Might be bold to suggest AF Corse played BOP at its own game in qualifying to get themselves into contention.

Let everyone else chase the pole times whilst they chased the race times, so when it counted, they could challenge for the win.

Also dawn is starting to break at Le Mans.

Might be bold to suggest AF Corse played BOP at its own game in qualifying to get themselves into contention.

Let everyone else chase the pole times whilst they chased the race times, so when it counted, they could challenge for the win.

Also dawn is starting to break at Le Mans.
On that note, it's an hour until sunrise.

Another thing to comment: I like that Porsche went with a Brumos paint scheme on one of their 911s.

EDIT: Why is their a caution?
EDIT 2: Ohhh, an Aston crashed...

Last edited:
More musings from yours truly!

* What's up with Aston Martin in this race? They are just dropping like flies around a bug light.

* As for the cars... that red Ford GT with the white accents is beautiful! It's actually my favorite of the four Ford GT liveries in this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans. I kind of like the white/gold/black livery of the Porsches more than I do the white/red/black livery I've seen a lot. Surely the Brumos colors are classic on those other Porsches. The Alpine prototypes are surely lovely. I also like the G-Drive prototypes.

* I also find it a bit great seeing some long-time racers still going. You know... Mike Rockenfeller, Gianmaria Bruni, even a lot of the names you haven't heard much of lately. This only adds to the mystique and charm of racing Le Mans.

Looks like sunrise is not too far away. The sun will surely shine on the outright and class winners once this race concludes.

Sunrise is looking nice, but it's too quick. Before you know it there's daylight and it just looks like daytime. The transition from day to night is more visually appealing, it's just a shame we got too many clouds today to hide the sun and shadows.

Just starting to get that feeling...

giphy.gif

Then too, remember this race happens near the Summer Solstice. So there's more sunlight in this race than, say... when the 24 Hours of Daytona happens- where there is more night in that race than at Le Mans.

Then too, remember this race happens near the Summer Solstice. So there's more sunlight in this race than, say... when the 24 Hours of Daytona happens- where there is more night in that race than at Le Mans.

And the Nürburgring 24h race is held at summer solstice, so there will be even shorter night. :guilty:

Alright, the Ford GT is no longer a lap behind the leaders. Though that can change in the next 8.5 hours. Anyway, I think I'm going to bed and I'll wake up early to catch the final part of this race. :D

#86 Porsche buried in the gravel at Indianapolis.

#60 Ferrari buried in the gravel on entry to the Porsche Curves.

FCY inbound.

3 minute stop go penalty for #3 Rebellion for a tire violation. They must be appealing it since they haven't come in to serve it yet.

**EDIT** It just came in to serve the penalty.

#3 has crashed, looks like it's beached

Edit: It made it out after a couple of minutes, somehow

Last edited:
Back