2019 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 472 comments
Those tribute liveries and looking the business, #66 looking particularly gorgeous in it's '66 GT40 colours. Hopefully, Ford can cook up a performance fitting for it's last Le Mans (for now?). Either way looking forward to it, will miss it's brilliantly distinctive sound.

Last edited:
1d7a0ccd25d7926946dd440e135b68e4.jpg

It looks like it got caught in the middle of a paintball match.

8a85101b354ae2bf040591a73d227a63.jpg

It looks like the artist(?) couldn't make up their minds so just threw random colours at it.

1d7a0ccd25d7926946dd440e135b68e4.jpg

It looks like it got caught in the middle of a paintball match.

8a85101b354ae2bf040591a73d227a63.jpg

It looks like the artist(?) couldn't make up their minds so just threw random colours at it.
I like the white one. Not sure why, but the combination of yellow and pink has always been extremely eye-catching to me.

Its looking like a repeat of last year. Porsches 5,000 miles in front of everyone. Fords dog slow

Starting to regret taking off work for this year's race. Maybe rain can save it

Its looking like a repeat of last year. Porsches 5,000 miles in front of everyone. Fords dog slow

Current forecast says the weekend will be dry, so wouldn’t count on it...

Q1 not long finished, steady start, Toyota's 1st and 4th (#7 and #8 respectively). Dangerous incident between the #7 Toyota and #31 Dragonspeed though, could have been a lot worse. Was beginning to be worried about the Ford's being dog slow again, but Tincknell in the #67 has given me some hope after he managed to pip to the top of GTE Pro at the end of the session, just ahead of the #93 Porsche, after the #63 'Vette had a time disallowed.

Mixed bag though as the #66 managed to spin off into the barriers, at the Ford chicane of all places. Otherwise GTE Pro is looking relatively close so far, hoping the Porsches don't romp away too much this year :lol:.

Think the Porsches and GTs have this one. Astons and maybe Corvettes have a long shot. Rest have little chance based on the pace so far.

Last edited:
Here's the yearly question (too soon? :D): What are the coverage options for the race? It seems too hard to find coverage of the biggest race of the year...

Keep an eye on my posts in this thread. I'll post a legal, free for everyone, non-region locked stream (will be Dutch though) if/when it is available. I've done so for several years now, and it seemed to have helped a lot of people around the web.

One of the closest qualifying I've ever seen. Expectation is so high for this race that I think I'll try to watch the whole thing without sleeping.

24 hour + coverage on Motortrend TV which was Velocity.
Perhaps it was worth not pulling the plug on YouTube TV when they raised prices recently. It appears I now have Motortrend TV. :cool:

Edit: Still, why isn't it on a major network/cable channel instead of something I've barely heard of?

The weather forecast predicts the most boring motorsport weather, sadly: Saturday sun and clouds with up to 21°C, that goes down to about 13°C at night with mostly cloudy skies and up to 23°C on sunday. No heat problems, no rain problems...meh..

Again frustrated by the lack of available WEC/ACO app coverage in the US. I should have picked up a VPN, but I forgot. Will try to catch a YouTube broadcast I guess. The US coverage has been really crap compared to the info you get straight from the source. I bought their app 2015, 2016, and 2017....and then they made that stupid TV deal with the US.

I agree. It's nice that I have Velocity (or whatever it's called now) but I would much rather just stream the app all 24hrs, commercial free.

It'll come after the next season. The next season is 2019-2020. The season after that, when these regulations will start is 2020-2021. So I guess it's sort of like car model years and how they're a year early? Also, I think Le Mans is in the second half the calendar so they use that as the season year.

I forgot Le Mans is now at the end of the WEC season, starting in fall ending near the start of summer. “2020 regulations” probably means the year the season starts.

I kinda stopped keeping tabs on WEC once Toyota was left as the only remaining competitive team, stuff slipped by me it seems.

Again frustrated by the lack of available WEC/ACO app coverage in the US. I should have picked up a VPN, but I forgot. Will try to catch a YouTube broadcast I guess. The US coverage has been really crap compared to the info you get straight from the source. I bought their app 2015, 2016, and 2017....and then they made that stupid TV deal with the US.

I had the WEC subscription too but I can't remember how much it was for the season. But the Motortrendondemand.com subscription is probably roughly about the same amount per year.

Here's what I don't remember...what is the coverage feed being sent to Motortrend? I've watched Speed coverage in the past after watching the race live and they were short of so much critical info. However, I know I watched most of the race on YouTube last year via Eurosport, but I did watch a little on TV....can't recall.

I only ever buy LeMans, as I watch the other races after the fact on YouTube (they put them up a month or two after, and since I don't follow WEC closely it's all great - hell I just finished Spa last night!) :D I just plunked down the $12 to watch LeMans each year.

I do friggin' hate having commercials...really frustrating. Hell I didn't even have TV access the years I bought the plan, I so rarely watch it.

Here's what I don't remember...what is the coverage feed being sent to Motortrend? I've watched Speed coverage in the past after watching the race live and they were short of so much critical info. However, I know I watched most of the race on YouTube last year via Eurosport, but I did watch a little on TV....can't recall.

I only ever buy LeMans, as I watch the other races after the fact on YouTube (they put them up a month or two after, and since I don't follow WEC closely it's all great - hell I just finished Spa last night!) :D I just plunked down the $12 to watch LeMans each year.

I do friggin' hate having commercials...really frustrating. Hell I didn't even have TV access the years I bought the plan, I so rarely watch it.

It's the main WEC feed.

Back