2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Unlike @Dylan i don’t get to get excited about my favourite driver doing well very often but LANDON CASSILL IS IN SECOND PLACE. Hopefully he gets a nose ahead of Kurt just after the restart and the monsoon begins.

Also props to DiBurrito in the 95 getting through that without incident. Based on how things are going, I'm feeling that Byron and the 24 team have a good shot at picking up the win today.

NBC says 95 got in it. Maybe not very bad, but he caught some damage. Lightning is in the area. This thing might get called short of 400 miles after all.

Ugh. Haley made the right call. If I was in a slower car like Cassill or him I would not have pitted until the pace car was literally pulling off the track. That’s what you have to do.

Kurt I understand because he has a fast car and could’ve come from the back if they restarted, but the other guys had nothing to lose.

Good on Haley I guess, but Cassill was the closest he’ll ever get...

I think they just might wait for the storm cloud to pass the track. The radar showed that it would pass north of the track, and it was a small storm.
IMG_4039.PNG

I think they just might wait for the storm cloud to pass the track. The radar showed that it would pass north of the track, and it was a small storm.

They’ll certainly wait for it to actually start precipitating on the track. They can’t call a race because they’re scared of lightning.

So how will this work? Does this mean Hayley has a ticket to the playoffs? I thought he isn’t full time

It’ll be the same as when Kyle Busch wins in Trucks or Xfinity, it’ll just be null and void for anyone else getting playoff eligibility.

If I had to guess, Hayley would still get credit for the win, but the playoff order would be decided by points.

This. I believe a few years ago, NASCAR made drivers or owners choose which series they wanted to accumulate points for. It was meant as a way for Monster Cup drivers to stop going to Nationwide so often & interfering with full time drivers in Nationwide trying to have a full series of points.

In unrelated talking, why the hell is NBC still showing the advert for the Coke Zero 400 happening yesterday? :boggled: Like, does the team in charge of ads not posses a calendar?

In unrelated talking, why the hell is NBC still showing the advert for the Coke Zero 400 happening yesterday? :boggled: Like, does the team in charge of ads not posses a calendar?
I didn't see it, but my guess is they couldn't throw together a new one since the rescheduling was so sudden

If it doesn't rain, how long do they have to wait before then can lift the red?

If it doesn't rain, how long do they have to wait before then can lift the red?

They have to wait 30 minutes from the most recent lightning strike in the 8 mile "safe area," which should be expiring very shortly.

Edit: Aaaaaand, it's raining in turn 4...looks like a cell is developing right on top of the speedway.

Edit 2: Harvick apparently had a random tire pop on pit road, and the 20(?) team is passing the time playing some football.

Last edited:
They have to wait 30 minutes from the most recent lightning strike in the 8 mile "safe area," which should be expiring very shortly.

Edit: Aaaaaand, it's raining in turn 4...looks like a cell is developing right on top of the speedway.
Guess it truly is over

Back