2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Tuned in after the IMSA race. New drinking game: take a shot every time there's a lightning strike :cheers:

As a Floridian, I like living, or at least keeping what's left of my sanity.

Also, they just showed the most recent radar scan .As much as I hate to say it, I think at this point I'd be shocked (heh heh) if they get a chance to restart.

Edit: NASCAR confimrs they've lost the track, sends out the dryers. If they keep them going, it'll take a minimum two hours for things to be race-ready. This race is pretty much done.

Last edited:

This...this doesn't look good for NASCAR, does it?

If that is indeed the case, I could see a "DQ" by NASCAR and the win would go to Byron/Busch. However, I cannot see NASCAR looking good if that happens. I'm still confused on the whole issue.

8AB11F49-87DA-4D02-951A-D094D0B615A7.png

More tweets. It definitely explains why they waited about 10x as long as they needed to to call the race. If Kurt was still leading they probably would’ve called it in 15 minutes.

I’m happy for Haley though, he showed in Trucks last year he has talent.

Imo, this is a bigger win for Haley than it is for Spire, solely because Spire is a very small time organization and will likely never win (or be competitive) in a straight-up race, and Haley has only done 3 races in Cup, while also fighting in the Xfinity series (his griping about Daytona last year did get on my nerves though).

Spire winning looking bad is a non-issue because, quite frankly, that normally doesn't happen. While Haley got in the lead due to a good call from his crew chief, it was also heavily down to luck.

Edit: Ok, the above tweets do shed some additional context.

Damn... We just lost what could have been a fantastic JJ v. Byron battle... I want both to win so badly but I don't know who I want to win more. When they drove through the big one I was so happy. And then the race got called...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...-daytona-is-a-black-eye-for-nascar/ar-AADZsLs

I didn't watch or anything but this kinda sums it up that even though NASCAR said it was going to go green others saw lightning very close to the 8 mile ring, including Kurt.
So was it NASCAR's fault for saying it's going green and didn't?
Is it Kurt's fault for pitting when it's close enough to be called?
Is it Haley's fault for taking a gamble knowing that either it's a win or it was one lap led and finish 30+?

Yes there maybe some things about Spire company that doesn't sit right but if NASCAR wants to be more closed off. Why not have all the cars be made by one company and the only change is who is on the car then no one can complain that "oh this company is bad or this team is not right" but more of the pure strength of who drives it and the crew that maintains it during the race.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...-daytona-is-a-black-eye-for-nascar/ar-AADZsLs

I didn't watch or anything but this kinda sums it up that even though NASCAR said it was going to go green others saw lightning very close to the 8 mile ring, including Kurt.
So was it NASCAR's fault for saying it's going green and didn't?
Is it Kurt's fault for pitting when it's close enough to be called?
Is it Haley's fault for taking a gamble knowing that either it's a win or it was one lap led and finish 30+?

Yes there maybe some things about Spire company that doesn't sit right but if NASCAR wants to be more closed off. Why not have all the cars be made by one company and the only change is who is on the car then no one can complain that "oh this company is bad or this team is not right" but more of the pure strength of who drives it and the crew that maintains it during the race.
Dang, was this post/article/thingy written by disgruntled forum commenters or something? Because it reminds me of a few of the posts above me. Some good info and interesting facts, and an empty, but biting headline

Dang, was this post/article/thingy written by disgruntled forum commenters or something? Because it reminds me of a few of the posts above me. Some good info and interesting facts, and an empty, but biting headline

That’s Nick Bromberg in a nutshell. He often makes valid points but 100% of the time is a disgruntled 70 year old in a millenial body.

What is going on this weekend? 5 guys have already gone to back up cars, including Bowman, who just now wrecked his back up car. And as I'm typing this, Final practice hasn't even concluded yet.
Hamlin, Newman, Byron, Larson, Bowman, have all had issues.

Edit: and DiBenedetto has blown two left rear tires in just this final practice session.

Last edited:
Yet another weekend where the race is decided on the final corner of the final lap! Harvick get's his first win of 2019!

Also another top 5 for Matt DiBenedetto!

Back