2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Can they just remove the cautions after stages altogether? I'm having a really hard time buying into Nascar these days. :crazy:
Unless you can spin it towards "you will gain NEW fans", it won't happen.

We opted not to renew our Chicagoland tickets for this year, but since we have the weekend free we opted to get tickets and go anyway since it is usually a fun weekend.

Weather doesn't look like fun. Low 90's with storms in the area. Still early though.

Glad I won’t have to hear that ever again.
I would much better hear "Boogity,boogity,boogity" once at the start of the race than to hear slide job slide job and uhh,uhh, uhh 500 time by Dale Jr. in a single race. New game whenever Dale says slide job or uhh you have to take a shot (would need at least a case of liquor).

I just can't wrap my mind around it.

F1 needs a couple of rainy race days to spice things up a little bit more, and never gets them. Nascar could do without and gets them so much.

Race is about to restart. Drivers are getting back in their cars.

The hell happened at the end of that stage? Like 5 or 6 cars had tire problems within the span of three laps.

:D:D BYRON TO THE LEAD :D:D

Edit: that didn't last long. But still top 10.

Last edited:
Back home now, will have to watch the rest on TV.

Got pretty wild at the track. Surprised they it dry so fast, but we couldn't hang around until 8-9pm for them to finish.

Funniest part was seeing all the mangled canopies and flipped over porta-johns in the parking lots. :lol:

Harvick leads at the end of stage 2, but man, what a fight between the Hendrick drivers and Larson.

Man this racing has been amazing. And to top it off, I’d be happy with anyone in the top 5 right now snatching this win.

I wish we were able to stick around for the race.

The races have usually been pretty good at Chicagoland, (aside from the first couple years when it was a single groove) but both Saturday and Sunday had among the best races we've seen there.

F1 still won best race honours today, but the finish of the Chicago race was quite good. Definitely didn’t think Bowman was going to be able to repass Larson once he got around him the first time. Good to see him win finally, the only Hendrick driver I actually like.

Andy Petree just crashed a stock car at Goodwood during timed practice. He was driving a Chevy Camaro done up in Austin Dillons gold DOW scheme.

Edit: I found a video of the crash. He lost the rear end under braking.

Last edited:
Keselowski drove through Byron in practice, keeping the promise he made in this race last year when Byron blocked him and caused a huge crash. He said he wasn’t going to lift anymore, and he didn’t. Good for him. That’s the only way you’re going to deter people from blocking. NASCAR has never needed rules against blocking because it’s always been self-policing, if you block, you’re going into the fence, as it should be.

This is the first step towards getting rid of the blockfests the super speedway races have been the last few years.

Andy Petree just crashed a stock car at Goodwood during timed practice. He was driving a Chevy Camaro done up in Austin Dillons gold DOW scheme.
:lol: He should have went with a different color and a better car scheme.

Latest Posts

Back