2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Apparently, Jeffery canceled his contract with IK9, and is now out of a ride.
Hate to be that guy, but this appears to be a net positive to Jack Hawksworth. He actually did a pretty good job out there. Also congrats to ex rallycross standout Austin Cindric

Is it just Xfinity cable in Houston, or is NBCSN having problems?
I'm streaming it on a Roku thru the Spectrum Cable app, and I missed about 10 laps and most of the pit stop cycle. Other channels seemed to work fine. Also the NBCSN app was working fine when I tested it.

This is bugging me since the rumors all started a month or so back. They are not 18" tires, they are 18" wheels! Huge difference. The current tires are 28" on a 15" wheel. This will be cool because they can finally be able to put a real pair of brakes on them with the extra room.

That’s going to be a major change if it does actually mean 18” rims. Makes me excited that maybe they’re actually to make a major change to the bodies for the new generation car, maybe they’re actually going to go more towards the Aussie Supercar sorta-production-based style rather than the traditional boxy stock car which hasn’t changed a whole lot since the 90’s.

Also today David Ragan announced he’s stepping back from full time racing, but I’m sure that’s just a face-saving measure since he’s losing his ride and no one other than Front Row will hire him.

Last edited:
More silly season stuff,

I really hope Matty D gets a ride next year. He deserves one the way he's been driving these past couple of weeks.

More silly season stuff,

I really hope Matty D gets a ride next year. He deserves one the way he's been driving these past couple of weeks.

The 38 seems like the obvious choice, unless he gets lucky and gets a Gibbs Xfinity ride. He’s driving the 18 next week at Road America so a win there will do wonders. Maybe.

The 38 seems like the obvious choice, unless he gets lucky and gets a Gibbs Xfinity ride. He’s driving the 18 next week at Road America so a win there will do wonders. Maybe.
It's a shame to be honest. I don't think Bell can do much better than Matt D has done.

It's a shame to be honest. I don't think Bell can do much better than Matt D has done.

I agree, the 95 team just isn’t there yet, they can’t become the new Furniture Row overnight. Last time they put one of their young prospects with the satellite team (Erik Jones in the FRR 77 when he was a Rookie) it didn’t go particularly well.

The main problem here is that Toyota desperately needs a second factory team. They have tons of young drivers signed to TRD development contracts and nowhere to put them. Chevy has Hendrick, Ganassi, and Childress, Ford has SHR and Roush, Toyota only has Gibbs (MWR kind of used to fill the second team niche)

I agree, the 95 team just isn’t there yet, they can’t become the new Furniture Row overnight. Last time they put one of their young prospects with the satellite team (Erik Jones in the FRR 77 when he was a Rookie) it didn’t go particularly well.

The main problem here is that Toyota desperately needs a second factory team. They have tons of young drivers signed to TRD development contracts and nowhere to put them. Chevy has Hendrick, Ganassi, and Childress, Ford has SHR, Penske and Roush, Toyota only has Gibbs (MWR kind of used to fill the second team niche)
FTFY
If Toyota wants that, they are going to have to give a lot more funding.

Ever since RCR brought back the #3 I've wanted them to switch to Toyota just to see the reactions. :lol:

On a serious note I think Ganassi is their only real chance of scoring a top team if they wanted one.

Dave Wilson (CEO of TRD) says to think of Toyota teams as sort of a christmas tree where the higher up you go there is less room. Toyota is going for quality over quantity. There are only a few spots available at the top level by design. Bell for DiBenedetto is an easy choice really. I like Matt but Bell on paper is a much better prospect. I hope Matt finds a decent ride and if Bell doesn't perform it would probably be pretty easy to get him back in the 95.

Photo from Fox News:
IMG_4168.jpg

Last edited:
Dale Jr. will, very understandably, be taking a break from broadcasting this weekend.

Hard landing, bounced, skidded off the runway and then caught on fire... yikes. That definitely could have ended much, much worse than it did.

I certainly have Dale Jr. and others in my thoughts and prayers. On a MUCH lighter note... are you ready for some Friday Night racing around Bristol? It's coming up in mere moments with NASCAR XFINITY as of this post!

With the last two Bristol Cup races being great, and the Truck and Xfinity this weekend also being great, all signs point to tonight’s race being a letdown.

Really wish Allgaier hadn't had that flat tire. Really would have been cool to see him, or any JRM car win. But props to Reddick. He had the best car all night.

Bristol, Baybeeeee! Sorry, I had to get Kofi Kingston impersonation going (for you pro wrestling fans). Anyhow... enjoy tonight's Cup race at Bristol should you be watching! :) 👍

Lap 351: Johnson's season is officially in the crapper and Clint freaking Bowyer is gonna make the playoffs :banghead::mad:🤬

PS: Ah Rick Ware Racing, you spectacular failure magnets. As a spiritually-inclined person who has more than a passing interest in Slayer, I find this hilarious, but kind of sad https://ultimateclassicrock.com/slayer-nascar-car/

EDIT: Now the right side of Jimmie's car is missing. In the immortal words of Chad Knaus: "You gotta be :censored:ing kidding me

EDIT 2: Well crap! Dibenedetto really had that one! This one miffs me to no end!

Last edited:
Back