2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Hate it for Ragan, Dibenedetto, and Gaughan, but that was a Grade A backflip with a half twist. Didn't think I'd see that when I woke up today.

Yet somehow I knew either Kyle Busch or Stenhouse would wreck the whole field. This, Kyle, is why you don't win plate races.

EDIT: I miss this awesome 90's style livery Matty D was running already

EDIT 2: Thaaatt was an utterly bonkers finish! Blaney wins! And has only 3 wheels to show for it!10/10!!

Last edited:
It’s Talladega 2015 all over again....NASCAR tripping over themselves trying to get the golden boy into the next round. There’s no way they didn’t get the white flag before the caution came out.

They just showed the replay. Half a car length before the finish line and the light turned yellow.

Good, Chase pointed in barely, now Denny should be safe in post-race inspection.

Chase will be the favourite to win at Martinsville.

I received this in an email but I would think it's available to anyone. I listen to the officials, #3 car and someone random, today it was David Ragan to start until he hit the wall then Kyle Busch after that. Much more interesting than the broadcast.

UpsEsiJjydeDme4pxnI8sGODdvRkc5kxM26s1RVKB2uk_v2WuB8YNo8KS_qruq-OT1LDGvbrUhAfbeHCboNbecn6HsRXhOQlrHjW=s0-d-e1-ft

I received this in an email but I would think it's available to anyone. I listen to the officials, #3 car and someone random, today it was David Ragan to start until he hit the wall then Kyle Busch after that. Much more interesting than the broadcast.

UpsEsiJjydeDme4pxnI8sGODdvRkc5kxM26s1RVKB2uk_v2WuB8YNo8KS_qruq-OT1LDGvbrUhAfbeHCboNbecn6HsRXhOQlrHjW=s0-d-e1-ft
It’s cool that they’re doing it for free, but when I tried listening to Byrons team radio today, it was about 2 laps ahead of the broadcast. Not really the apps fault, more my Roku, but it’s still annoying.

It’s cool that they’re doing it for free, but when I tried listening to Byrons team radio today, it was about 2 laps ahead of the broadcast. Not really the apps fault, more my Roku, but it’s still annoying.

It’s not your Roku’s fault. There is a delay when watching a broadcast so they can edit out stuff that shouldn’t make it on the broadcast like bleeping profanity or something graphic. I paid for the scanner a few seasons back and it was annoying because of that. Like a caution. You’d hear it on the radio long before it was on the broadcast.

Race was ok. Odd seeing Penske running so badly.
I think it was mostly Brad running poorly, which, to be fair is the most surprising of the three considering his track record at Kansas.

Blaney was running up front until his tire went down and Joey was running with damage after Stage 1. Glad they made it through though

It’s not your Roku’s fault. There is a delay when watching a broadcast so they can edit out stuff that shouldn’t make it on the broadcast like bleeping profanity or something graphic. I paid for the scanner a few seasons back and it was annoying because of that. Like a caution. You’d hear it on the radio long before it was on the broadcast.
The Roku will have a delay vs standard cable-based television providers, which is a few seconds behind the over-the-air broadcast television signal from your local station.

The Roku will have a delay vs standard cable-based television providers, which is a few seconds behind the over-the-air broadcast television signal from your local station.
Yep. If I stream it on my phone thru the NBC Sports app, it was a little more than half a lap ahead of the Roku stream.

So this was kinda out of no where but...

Wonder what the reason for the bump is? I didn’t see it getting advertised more than any recent races.

Last edited:
Only thing I can think of is we were dealing with clean up/recovery of a major hurricane in a lot of the South.

Or maybe nothing better to watch at the time.

Using my phone and also my computer for scanner simultaneously (which are in sync) the broadcast is 8 seconds behind most of the time.
Years ago I could actually pause the tv/dvr and sync it to the scanner.
On a similar subject, when at Watkins Glen for IMSA the broadcasts are about 30 seconds behind the live action. That's about equal to the boot so as cars are coming out of the boot live they are headed into the boot on the broadcast. Anyway.

From Racer.com

Gander Outdoors Truck Series driver Matt Crafton will replace Matt Tifft in the No. 36 Front Row Motorsports Ford at Martinsville Speedway.

A team spokesperson told RACER that Crafton will be in the car until Tifft is able to compete.

Approximately 35 minutes before opening Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, Tifft was taken from the team hauler on a stretcher to the infield care center. Tifft was later transported to a local hospital.

The team has not released any information Tifft’s condition or what led to him needing medical attention.

Both the Truck Series and NASCAR Cup Series are competing at Martinsville this weekend.

Back