2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
So...not a single comment about the Duels yet? I know they were pretty dull, but at least there was a last lap pass.

The calm before the storm. The forecast is 80 on Sunday, really hoping for 2 lane racing vs single file line.

Those Mustangs look good.

Fords look really good

The five main Toyotas are going to need to find themselves if they are going to pose a threat to the blue oval

Chase is the only really good Chevrolet and the only driver in either duel who was actively trying to make things work before the white flag

Race will be a really boring single file snooze fest until the final lap when a bunch of cars try to make moves all at once, then either fail to do so because they waited too long or find their teammates and win the race like what happened in the second duel with Logano

51818459_1315119921960366_8116927799287087104_n.jpg

It's time to start a new season of NASCAR racing. No matter who your favorite driver(s) is/are, who your favorite team(s) is/are, who your favorite manufacturer(s) is/are, what your favorite races and tracks are, and also no matter what you think about NASCAR in its current state or even what the future may provide... I'd like to wish everyone across all levels of NASCAR the best for this 2019 season of NASCAR racing.

Good luck to all drivers and teams this upcoming season. Enjoy the races, have fun, and put on a great show for the world to see.

In case you're in this thread Sunday because the race is a single file of doom, here are some good Daytona 500's to watch:

Despite the infamous last lap, this is probably the best of the three.

The Clash was a disaster, the truck race is a disaster. I'm really hoping that the Xfinity and cup races don't join the others as disasters or else this is shaping up to be a really long season.....

The Clash was a disaster, the truck race is a disaster. I'm really hoping that the Xfinity and cup races don't join the others as disasters or else this is shaping up to be a really long season.....

The truck race was great until stage 3. To be fair most of the wrecks in the mid point were caused by inexperienced/mediocre drivers not knowing how to plate race, then all the wrecks at the end were caused by the usual mad dash to the end.

Not a fan of all the blocking he did but good to see my favourite Truck driver Austin Hill get the win in his first race in good equipment! Now he won’t be the most underrated driver in NASCAR anymore.

The trucks will be by far the best series in NASCAR this season. Xfinity is a dead series walking and Cup is going to be hit and miss as always, just in a different way

Stewart Friesen got a top 10 while watching the finish from the garage.

Michael Self finished ninth in a Truck my Golf could probably beat in a race.

And a Cope Twin finished ahead of both of them in eighth.

Was this trucks or ARCA

Last edited:
Stewart Friesen got a top 10 while watching the finish from the garage.

Michael Self finished ninth in a Truck my Golf could probably beat in a race.

And a Cope Twin finished ahead of both of them in eighth.

Was this trucks or ARCA

To be fair about half the field was ARCA drivers, none of which finished in the top 10 coincidentally. If Michael Self was in the race he would’ve got one, though.

Well the truck race last night was the anomaly, the Xfinity race was back to single file business as usual for Speedweeks 2019.

Everyone was scared by the race last night, and there wasn’t a single crash (just a single car spin by Ray Black), which is a miracle at Daytona

When I came home today, the XFINITY race ended. So congratulations to the winner of the XFINITY Series race at Daytona.

I want to offer my condolences to Sam Bass and all whom have known and loved him.

That Xfinity race was one of the most embarrassing things i have ever seen in my life.

The plate racing package needs to be fixed NOW.

Not next year.

Not in 5 years.

NOW.

Finally back at the hotel. Fun day, but the race was terrible. Out of 120 laps, we saw maybe 10 or so of decent racing. This plate package is awful.

It was funny yet frustrating listening to the post race presser on the way back. The press was hyping it up like it was a great race.

Got me thinking of the old indycar races at the now gone Cicero track, when people who attended would call in to the radio and say there was more passing and action by fans getting out of the parking lot. :lol:

It was pathetic. Poor Chase Elliot pulling out of line time and after time, and not another soul confident enough to make a move.

That Xfinity race was one of the most embarrassing things i have ever seen in my life.

The plate racing package needs to be fixed NOW.

Not next year.

Not in 5 years.

NOW.

Tomorrow we get to look forward to 186.75 laps of this. :yuck: (I included the stage cautions, the first lap after each start and a pathetic passing attempt on the last lap to try and make the most of a grim situation.)

The Stage 1 interesting finish shows that fresh tires are making a bigger difference in today's warmer weather. Chev and Toyota teams are effectively cooperating to compete with Ford.

Latest Posts

Back