2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
Dionte Johnson is absolute trash. I've never seen someone give up on their team so hard since Antonio Brown. B.S. he didn't see the ball, he's a quitter and should be cut immediately if I were Tomlin. Talk about taking your job for granted, I know there's hundreds of guys who would go after that ball who are on practice squads.

Jerome

GM and Owner next, please.
Unfortunately Tepper ain't going anywhere. This dude has had six head coaches since he bought the team in 2018. He has taken Dan Synder's title as worst owner. Frank Reich became the 1st coach to get fired in back to back years. Why would you think a guy who got fired after going 3-5 over a guy who took a team that was 1-5 and traded their best player to the almost making playoffs? Because Reich was a supposed leader of men and Steve Wilks wasn't? Has far as the GM you trade to the top spot to get your QB but you trade your best wr? You let Foreman leave and sign Miles Sanders who is not a no. 1 back. Hayden Hurst to be your young QBs best friend. Those are fire able offenses.

Okay as my Jets that Hail Mary TD was the most Jetsian thing that could ever happen and of course it would be against Miami. I believe Miami has some type of hex over the Jets where every few years there is some embarrassing play during one of their games.
As much as I like Joe Douglas he done the franchise a disservice in taking Zach Wilson and not building a competent offensive line. Zach sucks yes but the line is worst. It's a shame that they have such a great defense but a putrid offense. So right as far as they are concerned it's Just End The Season.

kjb
Unfortunately Tepper ain't going anywhere. This dude has had six head coaches since he bought the team in 2018. He has taken Dan Synder's title as worst owner. Frank Reich became the 1st coach to get fired in back to back years. Why would you think a guy who got fired after going 3-5 over a guy who took a team that was 1-5 and traded their best player to the almost making playoffs? Because Reich was a supposed leader of men and Steve Wilks wasn't? Has far as the GM you trade to the top spot to get your QB but you trade your best wr? You let Foreman leave and sign Miles Sanders who is not a no. 1 back. Hayden Hurst to be your young QBs best friend. Those are fire able offenses.

Okay as my Jets that Hail Mary TD was the most Jetsian thing that could ever happen and of course it would be against Miami. I believe Miami has some type of hex over the Jets where every few years there is some embarrassing play during one of their games.
As much as I like Joe Douglas he done the franchise a disservice in taking Zach Wilson and not building a competent offensive line. Zach sucks yes but the line is worst. It's a shame that they have such a great defense but a putrid offense. So right as far as they are concerned it's Just End The Season.
To be fair, Woody Johnson is just as inept an owner.

Well, Frank Reich can't be too sad about this season. He beat my Houston Texans, for goodness sakes! Only win this season for Carolina was against a fairly decent team. So don't feel too bad. Yet still, you know it's bad when you get fired after just 11 games. By the way, we should have whooped the Panthers' backsides, but the football deities thought otherwise and decided to 🤬 us over... like countless other souls.

Anyhow... best wishes to Frank Reich moving forward.

That is very true but Tepper has him beat at least Woody didn't take over a team that won 11 games the previous season and run them into the ground. He had Belicheck resign as soon as he took over and ended going with Al Groh and there have been some really bad times but I don't think he has run through some many coaches in a 6 yr period

kjb
That is very true but Tepper has him beat at least Woody didn't take over a team that won 11 games the previous season and run them into the ground. He had Belicheck resign as soon as he took over and ended going with Al Groh and there have been some really bad times but I don't think he has run through some many coaches in a 6 yr period
Belichick was not a fan of Johnson so that wasn't his fault (well, wasn't his ownership's fault). Johnson seems to make decisions based on who impresses him. Adam Gase was a black eye and if the rumors about why Zach Wilson kept starting are true, that's another one.

Belichick was not a fan of Johnson so that wasn't his fault (well, wasn't his ownership's fault). Johnson seems to make decisions based on who impresses him. Adam Gase was a black eye and if the rumors about why Zach Wilson kept starting are true, that's another one.
Peyton Manning recommended Gase which is why I would never have him run any team. And I am not familiar with the Zach Wilson rumor. My biggest issue with Woody Johnson is the fact that when he had a chance to build a new stadium instead you actually staying in the city and building by CitiField or going by Roosevelt Fields he tried to do the stadium in Manhattan and when that didn't work he went in the Maras to MetLife. If they stayed in New York they could have been out of the Giants shadow just a little bit. Also they would been where the majority of their fan base resides. Easy access close to a major airport etc.. To me that has been his biggest failure

Meh. Joe Douglas and Saleh are both really, really good. They put together a great team and would have been in contention for the East with Rodgers healthy. People also say the same stuff about Woody's buddy Stephen Ross, but these guys do nothing but dump money into their franchises and try to support the team as best as they can. You can't compare them to Tepper and Snyder at all.

Last edited:
Minnesota led a tight Monday Night game 10-9 last night, until Chicago kicked a go-ahead field goal to sink their rival Vikings 12-10.

Lucky 13... or UNlucky 13? Either way, Week 13 is now upon us. Let's set up some of this week's matches:

* Thursday Night Football features NFC West meets NFC East. Seattle Seahawks will fly their way into the Dallas Cowboys.

* The Houston Texans host the surging Denver Broncos in a game that was flexed from late afternoon to noon. Who will live up to the hype in this one?

* Fellow AFC South foes clash as the Indianapolis Colts will play at the Tennessee Titans.

* Detroit lost six straight Thanksgiving Day games. After their latest Thanksgiving fail, they'll try to regroup by entertaining the New Orleans Saints in The Big Easy.

* An aerial battle will ensure as the Blitz24's New York Jets will take flight against the Atlanta Falcons.

* Omnis' Miami Dolphins will try to entertain the Washington Commanders on the road.

* After firing their first-year coach after 11 games, the Carolina Panthers are in Tampa Bay to take on the Buccaneers in an NFC South showdown.

* This one could be a banger- it's the San Francisco 49ers at the Philadelphia Eagles.

* Sunday Night Football will see the Kansas City Chiefs play at the Frozen Tundra in meeting the Green Bay Packers.

* Monday Night Football features a cat fight- Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals will go up against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville.

BYE WEEK TEAMS: BUF, CHI, LV, MIN, NYG, BAL

Enjoy this week's games!

Out of all the football games I've seen, last night was undoubtedly one of them.

I hope the Lions can rebound this week. The Thanksgiving game was a train wreck, although had Campbell not decided to fake the punt which led to a Packers TD, they probably would've won. They really need to clean up the defense and Goff needs to figure out the turnovers. I know some media outlets are suggesting Goff is hiding an injury too, which I wouldn't be surprised about, but it's really stupid. The Lions went out and got Bridgewater so the season isn't over if Goff is hurt.

Although, we should've never tried to take on the moon:

At the end of the day though, no matter how bad the Lions played they still weren't as bad as Jack Harlow.

Meh. Joe Douglas and Saleh are both really, really good. They put together a great team and would have been in contention for the East with Rodgers healthy. People also say the same stuff about Woody's buddy Stephen Ross, but these guys do nothing but dump money into their franchises and try to support the team as best as they can. You can't compare them to Tepper and Snyder at all.
I believe you're right. I was reading an article on the Ringer about Tepper and he is a nut. He is the type of person who if gets bad service from a waiter he will buy the restaurant just to fire the waiter.

* Monday Night Football features a cat fight- Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals will go up against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville.
This had all the makings of a great game before Burrow's injury. I now picture an ugly loss for Cincy.

The final NFL game of November 2023 begins tonight with the Seahawks at the Cowboys. Enjoy this game if you will be watching or following in some capacity!

This is the first Thursday game that hasn't licked total donkey balls

The first Sunday of football in December 2023 begins today. Unless your team is on a Bye Week, be sure to root on your favorite team(s) to victory. Chiefs at Packers make up the Sunday Night Football game. Whatever game or games tickles your fancy today, enjoy today's games! And of course, let us all know how you favorite teams did.

The Houston Texans won against the Denver Broncos 22-17. Denver's five-game winning streak was snapped as the Texans picked 'em off in the end zone on what would have been a go-ahead touchdown. I mostly saw the game from about 1:10 left in the 3rd Quarter. Houston is now 7-5 on the 2023 season and currently has a Wild Card berth. Denver, meanwhile, falls to 6-6. Houston's next game is at the New York Jets. So Blitz24, we got ourselves a little play date next Sunday.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week!

[OMISSION] WR Tank Dell got injured in the game against Denver, and he's out for the season with a leg injury. That's a HUGE blow for the Texans moving forward. I love Tank Dell. I wish him well in his recovery.

Last edited:
There's only two times I cheer for the 49ers; against Dallas and Philly.

Jerome

I didn't get to watch all of the Jets game today TBH I didn't miss much. I wish there was a way they could just forfeit the rest of their games so their season can be over. Jets Twitter is of the idea that Saleh, Hackett & Douglas must go. I don't feel that way because here's the the hard truth most teams if they lose their starting QB their season is done it's the exception to the rule that they don't miss a beat with the QB so I will give them a mulligan for this season. I do believe you can blame Joe Douglas for the offensive line problems. If next plays out like this season then by all means show them the door

kjb
I didn't get to watch all of the Jets game today TBH I didn't miss much. I wish there was a way they could just forfeit the rest of their games so their season can be over. Jets Twitter is of the idea that Saleh, Hackett & Douglas must go. I don't feel that way because here's the the hard truth most teams if they lose their starting QB their season is done it's the exception to the rule that they don't miss a beat with the QB so I will give them a mulligan for this season. I do believe you can blame Joe Douglas for the offensive line problems. If next plays out like this season then by all means show them the door
Every week it is a new problem. This week was strange penalties AND the QB being ineffective.

Last edited:
Kenny Pickett pretty much out for the season. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, see you all next year. I'm not subjecting myself to the Trubisky experience.

The Lions are certainly something. The offense is legit, but Aaron Glen is awful and can't scheme the defense to save his life. The fact that the Lions are 9-3 is almost solely because the offense can put up a ton of points. As much as I want them to go on a deep run in the playoffs, I don't see that happening, especially if they meet the 49ers, who will steamroll them.

My favourite stat about Detroit sports though is that over the past 365 days, the Lions have won 14 games while the Pistons have won just 13. We have the most miserable NBA team and it's not even close.

Bengals at Jaguars TONIGHT!

We got a cat fight tonight, as the AFC is in vogue and on display for this one. Here's what you go to know with this game in northeastern Florida...

INFORMATION:
A last-place division team looks to spoil a division leader on the road.
  • CIN Bengals (5-6, 4th in AFC North) at JAX Jaguars (8-3, 1st AFC South)
  • FAVORED: JAX (-10.0)
  • OVER/UNDER: 39.5 points

If the Jaguars somehow lose this game, this can help the Houston Texans a bit in the AFC South race, though JAX will still be ahead even if they do lose. Stranger things have happened.

By the way, there was a play I noticed from highlights of last night's Chiefs at Packers game. There seemed an egregious Defensive Pass Interference that was not called. The Packers ended up winning 27-19.

Enjoy Monday Night Football tonight!

What a game tonight. Browning looked good, I hope Lawrence is okay cause I want to see what the Jags could do in the playoffs this year, just like the Lions.

Jerome

Today (December 5), I celebrate my 20th year on GTPlanet. Yes- I am the latest member of the 20-year GTPlaneteer Club. I have been coming here and being active for all 20 years of my time on GTPlanet. I also met all kinds of people worldwide in my time here. So thanks to @Jordan for providing such an excellent place to be online for all these years. And moreover, thank all of you who have supported me all these years.

Now on to stuff more relevant to this thread. It's Week 14 now! Before I give a small look at this week's schedule, I want to congratulate Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals on taming the Jacksonville Jaguars 31-28 last night on Monday Night Football. Okay- some of Week 14's games are as follows:

* Thursday Night Football is in the Steel City as the Pittsburgh Steelers host the woeful New England Patriots, who lost 6-0 last week.

* Joey D's Detroit Lions will head into the Windy City, looking to take down the Chicago Bears.

* The Indianapolis Colts will head into the state of Ohio to meet the Cincinnati Bengals.

* The Houston Texans return to the road by playing at the New York Jets.

* Could the Minnesota Vikings make it to this season's Super Bowl? They'll get a sample of what it's like when they are at the Las Vegas Raiders.

* The NFC West is in vogue with the Seattle Seahawks at the San Francisco 49ers.

* Could this be an AFC Championship preview? We got the Buffalo Bills at the Kansas City Chiefs.

* Sunday Night Football this week features two powerful NFC East foes with Super Bowl in mind- Philadelphia Eagles at the Dallas Cowboys.

* Monday Night Football this week is all about the Tennessee Titans at Omnis' Miami Dolphins. So MNF stays in the state of Florida, just moving south to the Miami area this time around.

That be all. Enjoy this week's games!

[OMISSION] WEEK 14 BYE WEEK TEAMS: BUF, CHI, LV, MIN, NYG, and BAL

Last edited:
The Jets cut Tim Boyle. Not surprised. He has somehow been worse than Zach Wilson. TBH he was terrible in college and not sure how he got in the NFL. Maybe he had pictures on some GM doing inappropriate things🤷🏾‍♂️. They signed Brett Rypien. He may end up starting since Zach Wilson supposedly doesn't want to start anymore. At least that's the rumor that he doesn't want to start anymore

Back