2024 Repco Bathurst 12 Hour | IGTC + Fanatec GT Australia

• Thread starter kjeldsen
  • 60 comments
If anyone is interested in the live 12 Hours of Bathurst, here you go:
I just watched some of this. They’re in the wet after a rainstorm. And I thought Bathurst was hard in the dry. “Dry” is weird here as Bathurst always seems to be greasy in GT7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunderstruck...

1708223483456.png

Man, that was excellent stuff from the cars to avoid the #888. Could have been a quite a big accident otherwise.

I don't really understand how #912 went from having a (2) drive through penalties only to end up winning it but I'm not going to complain because it's another Porsche win.

Last edited:
Really happy that the #912 won. Nothing against the #75 but I would have taken anyone over them winning again.
For me it’s the ugly livery, I’d vastly prefer any AMG to win it than the #75; in fact I’d have preferred the #77 to win it. But it’s still awesome to see a Porsche win.

Didn’t watch much of the race, but I was kinda rooting for Maxime Martin to overtake Evans after that shove though; it’s most likely a racing incident but I still can’t help but feel bad for the BMW.

Fantastic race, very close in the end, especially for 2nd place overall. Very challenging conditions for everyone though, but some brilliant driving throughout.

Great to see Laurens Vanthoor win after multiple attempts, and great driving from the rest of the team - Campbell's last stint, esp. after the last safety car (caused by the #701 in somewhat ridiculous fashion) bunched up the pack. That fight for 2nd place was getting tasty, and it all kicked off after Gounon appeared to make a slight error - it was looking great for WRT #46 until Martin went too wide on the final corner and let Haase through. Good to see Kelvin van der Linde and team on the podium, but tough luck for his brother and teammates in the other WRT car! That section is tricky enough, but it seemed ridiculously busy at times - not much excuse from tripping over a slower car, esp. when you're leading the race overall, but I sure as heck couldn't do any better! 😅

Why is the Heart of racing team in a Merc instead of a Aston Martin?
SPS Automotive Performance is running the car under the Heart of Racing banner. It's actually called Heart of Racing by SPS, and not Heart of Racing.

Back