A new game update is coming 7/8/2018

I hope they update the W08's cockpit view where it looks like there is a very loose spring underneath the seat. It's very good to see when you drive it around the Nordschleife .

I hope they update the W08's cockpit view where it looks like there is a very loose spring underneath the seat. It's very good to see when you drive it around the Nordschleife .
I'm not sure if that's just that car or that the car and track combo accentuates it enough to where it's overly noticeable and all cars have it but we don't see it as much on them because of other visual stimuli.

I don't know a ton about modern tech, but I doubt this update is related to the weekly dailies. I don't believe changing those races requires a software update. I could be wrong. Can someone with software knowledge confirm?

Correct. Sport Mode race info is fetched from an external source and shouldn't require a software update.

Seeing as though this is quickly following v1.23 I assume it will be an update to fix issues with the Mercedes-AMG W08 EQ Power+, Ford GT LM Test Car and hopefully the idle sound on the Mazda 787B. There will probably be some BOP adjustments too.

We can only hope. The Mercs all desperately need a buff (fuel consumption hasn't been improved one bit, despite them making changes).

I don't know a ton about modern tech, but I doubt this update is related to the weekly dailies. I don't believe changing those races requires a software update. I could be wrong. Can someone with software knowledge confirm?

I'm afraid it doesn't require a software programmer to understand PD's software architecture.

I guess a wizard is necessary.

You seem to have your thoughts in the right YingYang

My gutterbrain took this waaaay out of context and it was not good. Not good at all. :embarrassed:

Loose the "low fuel warning " , I mean is it really that difficult and I can't believe anyone likes it in the middle of the screen

I can drive through it but I wouldn't mind being able to move it a bit in either vertical direction.

PD can choose to extend the life and profits of this game if they start making decent decisions. I think the change to week long "dailys" was a mistake that could potentially see them lose a huge amount of players, maybe some combination of weekly/dailys would be best.
Now that they brought back micro-transactions they should really start thinking about selling track/car packs. Maybe a new/original nut new to GTS track with 6 cars or something along those lines? If they can do something to satisfy the people disappointed in the weekly races long enough to release an expansion pack they could possibly be quite profitable. I dont know what everyone else thinks but I would most certainly pay something in the range of $15 to get a new (to GTS, Im good with tracks used form other Gran Turismo versions) track and some cars with it. Maybe they could then set up the newly introduced tracks to be week long events as well as others to encourage players to purchase them, while going back to 3 daily races. But if they wait too long to make a change it may well be too late to be profitable. I raced in my first weekly-"daily" yesterday (down from racing in dailys everyday) and there were a whole 10 competitors, rarely did I ever see less than 16 before.

I wonder what PD was thinking when they introduced the weekly races back... Whis is there only 2 possibilities? At the beginnning, races stayed 7 days and people complained that it was too long so they've set it to 1 day only. Now I guess that some players complained about the 1 day only races so they've set it back to 7 days... Any number of days between 1 and 7 doesn't exist or what? I would be happy to have a 2 days cycle, or 3 days maximum. That can be fun when there's an enjoyable race C to have it more than 24 hours. And when there's a ****** race C, you only have to wait 2 days.

Totally agree. I think it should be dividied. Daily races, weekly races and those which roate every three days. I also can't understand why there are only 3 races. Why not 5, 7, 10?

I'm not sure how likely BoP changes will be this soon after an update. PD has only seen the data for the Ford GT on one track...

I would be suprised to see a fix/change for anything besides the livery editor bug and the LH gear box issue.

I just hope the idle of the 1991 Mazda actually sounds like the rotary engine we all love.
kZK4RX.gif

I don't think the W08 is broken at all personally.

Maybe not for those using the Manual but for those using Automatic Transmission (like me because shifting on a controller just isn't comfortable), Its a big issue.

Hard to make a quick lap when the gearbox does that.

Since the the F1 has 6 bugs, the update will say:
  • Fixed a bug with the Mercedes Formula 1 EQ Power+.
:lul:

And the plot twist: The Ferrari in article's picture has actually the number 50 and the reflection shows the number 20.
No its the reflection. The number in the reflection is still 20. It's just reversed and flipped, and the font makes seem like it says 20.

Maybe not for those using the Manual but for those using Automatic Transmission (like me because shifting on a controller just isn't comfortable), Its a big issue.

Hard to make a quick lap when the gearbox does that.

I can see how that would be distracting certainly. FWIW, I'm no fan of anything faster than GT2 in the game, that's about the limit of what I'm any good with... but with standard RS tyres and TCS off I did a 1:43.021 at the Nurburgring GP after a few laps to get used to it in AT... which probably isn't that quick all things considered, but it's certainly possible to improve over the video.

IMHO, it's all about being smooth, and trying to understand and accept what the car is doing (if you don't want to use MT). You just can't turn it in hard, I personally don't think this is anything to do with the gearbox, I think it's a stiff diff. The tighter you try and turn the car the more likely it is to try and over rotate an inside driven wheel, and the instant that happens the car really wants to spin... you've got to coax it around corners being really mindful not to expect too much leniency from the diff.

The way the transmission is modeled possibly isn't great for AT, but it's operation is quite specific - too specific in my opinion to be a bug or glitch... I basically think it's a complex hybrid system that is somewhat tricky to get used to, and I think it's been modeled in a certain mode that mostly negates engine braking (because that allows the MGU-K to harvest the most energy).

EDIT: Just to expand on this a bit more... taking three observations:
1/ the throttle shows as wide open during heavy braking
2/ the engine goes really quiet during heaving braking
3/ it's a hybrid F1 car, therefore very clever and quite complex.

... if the engine opens the throttle during heavy braking, it would mostly negate engine braking effects as air could flow freely through the engine... it would of course then have to stop fuelling the engine at the same to prevent unwanted combustion - and this is why it goes quiet at the same time. This lack of engine braking allows the MGU-K to harvest the energy that the engine would otherwise lose in (de)compressing air with no combustion... I have no idea if that's how the W08 really works, but as a theory it answers many of the questions. If anything perhaps PD need to re-model their AT driver-aid logic for this car - rather than change the way the transmission itself is modeled.

.. but yeah, overall I think it's about being gentle with the controls.

Last edited:
Still dreaming of details around the track at Le Mans as good as the version of Iracing, and of course, the addition of the night time.

You never know. And even if nobody is listening to the consumer, at least they might look at the numbers and see fewer people playing. If people lose interest in the game because of this change, Polyphony will miss out on the sweet, sweet microtransaction money, and I don't think they want that.

It's still a possibility they'll change it to 2 to 3 days, even if it's not the most likely outcome.

A different race everyday would force more people to buy via microtransaction, a chance for a different car that is best for that track everyday instead of buying the good car for the track per week.

Back