A new game update is coming 7/8/2018

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Lord Protector, Aug 6, 2018.

1. meck_rb7

meck_rb7

I hope they update the W08's cockpit view where it looks like there is a very loose spring underneath the seat. It's very good to see when you drive it around the Nordschleife .

Marcobzzcs likes this.
  2. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

I'm not sure if that's just that car or that the car and track combo accentuates it enough to where it's overly noticeable and all cars have it but we don't see it as much on them because of other visual stimuli.

3. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Correct. Sport Mode race info is fetched from an external source and shouldn't require a software update.

sturk0167 likes this.
  4. K32

K32

We can only hope. The Mercs all desperately need a buff (fuel consumption hasn't been improved one bit, despite them making changes).

CountessGardy likes this.
  5. BanditRa101801

BanditRa101801

Even better, Tourist Trophy for Boys confirmed for GT!!!!

Doomotron, ProjectF, Dylan and 2 others like this.
  6. Krypton78

Krypton78

I'm afraid it doesn't require a software programmer to understand PD's software architecture.

I guess a wizard is necessary.

Draggon likes this.
  7. DigitalBaka

DigitalBaka Premium

My gutterbrain took this waaaay out of context and it was not good. Not good at all. :O

I can drive through it but I wouldn't mind being able to move it a bit in either vertical direction.

PirovacBoy and BrunusCL82 like this.
  8. fastone371

fastone371

PD can choose to extend the life and profits of this game if they start making decent decisions. I think the change to week long "dailys" was a mistake that could potentially see them lose a huge amount of players, maybe some combination of weekly/dailys would be best.
    Now that they brought back micro-transactions they should really start thinking about selling track/car packs. Maybe a new/original nut new to GTS track with 6 cars or something along those lines? If they can do something to satisfy the people disappointed in the weekly races long enough to release an expansion pack they could possibly be quite profitable. I dont know what everyone else thinks but I would most certainly pay something in the range of $15 to get a new (to GTS, Im good with tracks used form other Gran Turismo versions) track and some cars with it. Maybe they could then set up the newly introduced tracks to be week long events as well as others to encourage players to purchase them, while going back to 3 daily races. But if they wait too long to make a change it may well be too late to be profitable. I raced in my first weekly-"daily" yesterday (down from racing in dailys everyday) and there were a whole 10 competitors, rarely did I ever see less than 16 before.

Qyn and potvinsuks like this.
  9. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Totally agree. I think it should be dividied. Daily races, weekly races and those which roate every three days. I also can't understand why there are only 3 races. Why not 5, 7, 10?

Canada_25 and fastone371 like this.
  10. MikeV27

MikeV27

Hopefully they properly balance the Ford GT and give the option for both weekly and daily races, preferably keeping Race C as a weekly race.

AgentBlackDog and sundaydriving like this.
  11. Chiefy17

Chiefy17

I think they should just have it flash up for a second when it gets to 1 .5 and .1...not constantly

12. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

I'm not sure how likely BoP changes will be this soon after an update. PD has only seen the data for the Ford GT on one track...

I would be suprised to see a fix/change for anything besides the livery editor bug and the LH gear box issue.

13. Volksauto

Volksauto

I just hope the idle of the 1991 Mazda actually sounds like the rotary engine we all love.
    [​IMG]

GT6mebe, ProjectF, xXMann07 and 8 others like this.
  14. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

I don't think the W08 is broken at all personally.

fastone371 likes this.
  15. CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Instead of 3 weekly races make it 1 monthly 1 lap race so people with wife and kids can spend more time with their loved ones.

16. VBR

VBR Premium

Waiting for a PD update to Gran Turismo is like waiting for the other shoe to drop...

:nervous:

CountessGardy, Draggon and dabz343 like this.
  17. Bobert power

Bobert power

Here's to what could possibly be at least a tweak to the W08. I can dream one day the Ford GT will get the nerf bomb.

18. Canada_25

Canada_25

What about the GT GR.3 shift light? Am I wrong or the shift light/rev limiter comes too early?

19. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Maybe not for those using the Manual but for those using Automatic Transmission (like me because shifting on a controller just isn't comfortable), Its a big issue.

Hard to make a quick lap when the gearbox does that.

IngRobNy likes this.
  20. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

The gearbox is definitely messed up on the W08, which takes the engine audio out of whack, which makes it difficult to actually know when to shift gears.

And I've only driven it in manual.

die996, IngRobNy, MrWaflz55 and 4 others like this.
  21. JensC

JensC

No its the reflection. The number in the reflection is still 20. It's just reversed and flipped, and the font makes seem like it says 20.

22. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

I can see how that would be distracting certainly. FWIW, I'm no fan of anything faster than GT2 in the game, that's about the limit of what I'm any good with... but with standard RS tyres and TCS off I did a 1:43.021 at the Nurburgring GP after a few laps to get used to it in AT... which probably isn't that quick all things considered, but it's certainly possible to improve over the video.

IMHO, it's all about being smooth, and trying to understand and accept what the car is doing (if you don't want to use MT). You just can't turn it in hard, I personally don't think this is anything to do with the gearbox, I think it's a stiff diff. The tighter you try and turn the car the more likely it is to try and over rotate an inside driven wheel, and the instant that happens the car really wants to spin... you've got to coax it around corners being really mindful not to expect too much leniency from the diff.

The way the transmission is modeled possibly isn't great for AT, but it's operation is quite specific - too specific in my opinion to be a bug or glitch... I basically think it's a complex hybrid system that is somewhat tricky to get used to, and I think it's been modeled in a certain mode that mostly negates engine braking (because that allows the MGU-K to harvest the most energy).

EDIT: Just to expand on this a bit more... taking three observations:
    1/ the throttle shows as wide open during heavy braking
    2/ the engine goes really quiet during heaving braking
    3/ it's a hybrid F1 car, therefore very clever and quite complex.

... if the engine opens the throttle during heavy braking, it would mostly negate engine braking effects as air could flow freely through the engine... it would of course then have to stop fuelling the engine at the same to prevent unwanted combustion - and this is why it goes quiet at the same time. This lack of engine braking allows the MGU-K to harvest the energy that the engine would otherwise lose in (de)compressing air with no combustion... I have no idea if that's how the W08 really works, but as a theory it answers many of the questions. If anything perhaps PD need to re-model their AT driver-aid logic for this car - rather than change the way the transmission itself is modeled.

.. but yeah, overall I think it's about being gentle with the controls.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Qyn, coryclifford and SBRSyncro like this.
  23. SBRSyncro

SBRSyncro

24. ferhound

ferhound

I hope it is not Spa.

25. TotosaLoko

TotosaLoko

Still dreaming of details around the track at Le Mans as good as the version of Iracing, and of course, the addition of the night time.

J.D likes this.
  26. Draggon

Draggon

And more bugs to be released

[​IMG]

J.D, VBR and Lord Protector like this.
  27. GT Sport

GT Sport

Yep I said Plot Twist.
    Was obviously a joke.

Lord Protector and Sparkz_360 like this.
  28. xXMann07

xXMann07

Also need to fix the sound on the Mazda 787B. Need the brap brap brap!!

J.D and ProjectF like this.
  29. dfspires

dfspires

A different race everyday would force more people to buy via microtransaction, a chance for a different car that is best for that track everyday instead of buying the good car for the track per week.

30. 05XR8

05XR8

Not much of an update. Only 153Mb