• 229 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Rain Meisters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

A-spec #32 Expert Level Rain Meisters @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg
A-spec [#32] Expert Level Rain Meisters @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Last edited:
Fun race, bit of a break after those LMP chases. 100% wet race but no tire wear. Trusty RGT won even with a semi-intentional 5 sec ram penalty at the bus stop chicane.

Laps around 2:50 were enough to beat GTO rabbit.

365,000 credits @ 200% login bonus = 730,000 credits for just 3 laps of Spa!!

Methinks many people will be grinding this one for all that's worth! Since this is the first of the now-monthly updates, maybe they upped the prizemoney to keep us happy.

And I for one am glad to see a "rainy season" seasonal for a change!

Last edited:
Can't remember a rain race since the Daytona 24, AFAIK.

Seems like a more relaxed driving experience with a focus more on handling and safe completion. If I have the time I'll be trying out many cars.

Now what do I do with all the extra credits? Can I sell them back to PD via a micro-transaction?

This is among my favorite pictures I've taken in GT6:

h56p1Hn.jpg

I don't know why. I just like it. Maybe it's that it's so atmospheric.

Now, I bring this up for a reason, and that reason is that I took this picture during a seasonal event last October. A seasonal event at Spa. In the rain. That was 500 PP (hence why I'm using my RGT).

Yes, that's right: we did this exact event about 11 months ago.

:banghead:

A random event generation would probably stumble over more variety than they've been providing just by chance.

Oy.

Not that I intend to skip this or anything. :)

EDIT: Apparently, the previous version of the event was 5 laps instead of 3 and had us using SS tires instead of racing rain tires. So I take it back, it was totally different. ;)

A rainy seasonal race? This pleases me.

Fun race, bit of a break after those LMP chases. 100% wet race but no tire wear. Trusty RGT won even with a semi-intentional 5 sec ram penalty at the bus stop chicane.

Laps around 2:50 were enough to beat GTO rabbit.

Wait a minute, isn't this for race cars though?

A 370hp Lancer EVO IV GSR 96 is ok. I took one to 3rd without much issue. 1st shouldnt be a problem.

No, it's normal cars.

600 PP racing cars here might've been interesting.

Nope - Normal cars fitted with Heavy Tyres

Oh. I had read this on the news page:

Expert Level Rain Meisters

• Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, 3 Laps
  • Racing cars, 500PP max, Racing/Rain compounds or less
  • Gold: 365,000cr; Silver: 219,000cr; Bronze: 182,500cr
  • Gift: RS 6 Avant ’08

2nd in a priaino tuned Gallardo LP560... it only has 380hp

i tried to tune my GTR 07 but I doubt it will work as it has only got 318hp at 500pp... I think I have the flat floor and such.

I'm getting close. I reckon one of the R32-R34 Skylines would do it.

2nd in a priaino tuned Gallardo LP560... it only has 380hp

i tried to tune my GTR 07 but I doubt it will work as it has only got 318hp at 500pp... I think I have the flat floor and such.

I'm getting close. I reckon one of the R32-R34 Skylines would do it.
Full ballast, 417hp, and no aero at all. And yet i win by more than 15 seconds with the Zonda as the leader.

I used the "French Batmobile", the Alpine Vision Gran Turismo. Limiter at 50 percent, extra weight to reach 500pp at 910 kg. It was quite the overkill, took first at the end of lap two. But lots of fun.

Ok the Alpine did it for me, 1st shot. The car lacks outright power so you'll get eaten on the straights but it has very high cornering speeds, is very stable especially under braking (very important). I had the viper gts as the rabbit so that might have helped.

It feels like a damn open wheeler on rain tyres. Like a Formula 3 or something.

I had an easy win in a stock BMW M3 GTR, Although the AI played no challenge I enjoyed having fun sliding around a bit even though it's quite difficult with the DFGT. I'm sure theres some evil mastermind whos planning to win this in something insane. Although there was a moment with the AI in a Nissan GTR who had missed the corner and come back on track spearing me off.

I remember there was one rainy event at Spa at least a year ago and I kicked an F40's backside with a bone stock WRX STI spec C (the yellow hatchback). I remember that so well because the racing was tight

I used the Ford GT40 anniversary car for both this and the intermediate race. Absolute overkill. I had an F40 rabbit on this race and passed him in turn 3 of lap two. Last I looked I was 38 seconds ahead of him.

With the awd cars there is no need for traction control here, are any of you guys doing this with rwd cars winning it without using traction control?

With the awd cars there is no need for traction control here, are any of you guys doing this with rwd cars winning it without using traction control?
I'm certainly going to try!!👍

Edit: just won with Corvette z06 C5. Zonda C12 was rabbit and I got him at the kink just before Blanchimont on the last lap.
Lap 1 2:53
Lap 2 2:52
Lap3 2:51
All aids off. Very twitchy rear. Changed gear early and accelerated only in a straight line. Brake balance 4:2.

Last edited:
Back