Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,037 comments
Looks really good. Be good to have that one alongside the Fuji blimp. What's the process for making skins for balloons and blimps? Or at least how do you get the model into paint/photoshop for editing?

As it has costs me a lot of time to find out a cool and easy way to do that, I think I can share it here:
Import kn5 file, one of the balloons,
right click on balloon -> Object and rename it on the right sidebar.
right click on balloon -> Material and rename it on the right sidebar.
change texture map the in the sidebar and select new dds file
export it all as Plugin export and select kn5 as file type renamed kn5 file

View attachment 863517
View attachment 863519
View attachment 863520
View attachment 863521

the same with material:
View attachment 863528

and to finish it just export it to new renamed kn5 file
... Plugin export and select kn5 as file type. :dopey:

Tutorial to make balloon skins

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I've nicknamed the 5C Pennywise cause it looks kinda innocent but will bite your arm off when you get too close ;)

As for images, I'm using the Nice Screenshots setting in Custom Shaders Patch settings in content manager but I can only get those really good shots when using the F5 camera in replays, otherwise my shots come out all blurry as well unless I'm lucky.

Thanks, man! I was talking about the quality downgrade that occurs when you upload a picture to the forum.
I've just analyzed your picture, and found out it's actually 100 x 180 cm, with 72 PPI. That gives me the hint.

Thanks, man! I was talking about the quality downgrade that occurs when you upload a picture to the forum.
I've just analyzed your picture, and found out it's actually 100 x 180 cm, with 72 PPI. That gives me the hint.

Ah sorry, thought you meant when you take the shot in AC lol. I just upload all my images to imgur and then open them in a new link, view image and then copy the link and post it in here

I'm on a very late crusade to replace all Kunos's racing car liveries with authentic ones.
Brings life and authenticity to those cars. Can't recommend it enough!
I did it too also deleting kunos' skins (and RSS's, DRM's, ..., all the fake ones I can replace with real ones), the only downside is if you play online all the other cars will be 'liveryless', white.
I don't play online so it's fine for me

I'm on a very late crusade to replace all Kunos's racing car liveries with authentic ones.
Brings life and authenticity to those cars. Can't recommend it enough!
I 'd be surprised if I have still have a Kunos 'racing' livery. Got rid of them a long time ago.
I don't race online anymore either, so...

I did it too also deleting kunos' skins (and RSS's, DRM's, ..., all the fake ones I can replace with real ones), the only downside is if you play online all the other cars will be 'liveryless', white.
I don't play online so it's fine for me

Yeah the only kunos liveries i keep is the ones that are actually real so like the SCG and the P4/5 as a prime example, the R35 GT3 with JRM from the FIA GT1 or GT3 championship etc.

So guys. A bit of a head twister. Bare with me.
So these cars that 'feel' right to me, the way they feed back the feeling of driving really well. That nice load in corners and feeling of weight.
What is giving me those feelings compared to the cars i dislike?
Is it the physics, or just the FFB?

So my real question is... when i say "i love that cars physics" do i really mean i love that cars FFB??

Are they mutually exclusive?
Further to that is it the suspension.ini giving me nice FFB? Or tyre.ini? or car.ini? or a mixture of them?

Just getting down rabbit holes with this swapping 'physics' stuff...
What in the data file is actually 'physics' ?

I mean all i ever really look for is nice FFB feel.... do people really feel good physics even in cars with bad FFB?
I hear people say all the time that PCars1/2 has great physics but FFB sucks...for example (not trying to start a war just an example)
Ok so if no one has answered this already, the real answer is both matter. when i rework cars the hardest part is to get the "physics/ffb/handling" to feel good. force feedback settings can only be adjusted as (ffb strength mult=) where i can add force feedback strength to a car in the physics) or i can adjust the steering ratio so 10:1 compared to 20:1 will feel different. 20:1 feeling like a 1960's loose steering and lower numbers becoming more and more sharp. 1:1 is probably gokart steering. and finally you can adjust the linear rod steering ratio, the lower the number, the less the tires turns. so high numbers in this category make a car a drift car with high angle steering. all of this combines to make steering feel.

so now we come to physics. if you get all the FFB settings perfect, you still have to address the weight of the car and suspension figures. because you absolutely feel that though the steering wheel. so having suspension data that is incorrect can ruin FFB feeling aswell. part of my issue with the Toyota supra time attack car i made, i made all the suspension settings too soft, and even know the force feedback settings were very aggresive like you find in a GT3 car, everyone said the car itself felt like a street car. so both physics and FFB settings on a car are equally important. if you get one wrong it ruins it for both, people will assume both the physics and FFB suck if you get just one wrong. its hard to distinguish between them when driving a car. you'll just know something is off, and delete the car afterward.

can anyone share the Kunos track Nurburgring with me. i tried adding a skin to it and accidently added it into the track itself not as a skin that i can turn on and off. and i dont know what files are from the rework when i go into the folder of the stuff it added since it mixed with the old content. so i just gotta start over from the original track the track is just called "Nurburgring" it consists of 4 layouts. not to be confused with "Nordschleife"

can anyone share the Kunos track Nurburgring with me. i tried adding a skin to it and accidently added it into the track itself not as a skin that i can turn on and off. and i dont know what files are from the rework when i go into the folder of the stuff it added since it mixed with the old content. so i just gotta start over from the original track the track is just called "Nurburgring" it consists of 4 layouts. not to be confused with "Nordschleife"
you might be able to delete the track and then verify the game files via steam to get it back stock?

Ok so if no one has answered this already, the real answer is both matter. when i rework cars the hardest part is to get the "physics/ffb/handling" to feel good. force feedback settings can only be adjusted as (ffb strength mult=) where i can add force feedback strength to a car in the physics) or i can adjust the steering ratio so 10:1 compared to 20:1 will feel different. 20:1 feeling like a 1960's loose steering and lower numbers becoming more and more sharp. 1:1 is probably gokart steering. and finally you can adjust the linear rod steering ratio, the lower the number, the less the tires turns. so high numbers in this category make a car a drift car with high angle steering. all of this combines to make steering feel.

so now we come to physics. if you get all the FFB settings perfect, you still have to address the weight of the car and suspension figures. because you absolutely feel that though the steering wheel. so having suspension data that is incorrect can ruin FFB feeling aswell. part of my issue with the Toyota supra time attack car i made, i made all the suspension settings too soft, and even know the force feedback settings were very aggresive like you find in a GT3 car, everyone said the car itself felt like a street car. so both physics and FFB settings on a car are equally important. if you get one wrong it ruins it for both, people will assume both the physics and FFB suck if you get just one wrong. its hard to distinguish between them when driving a car. you'll just know something is off, and delete the car afterward.

Wow thank you. Incredibly well written, you just totally nailed what it was that i couldn't quite get my head round.
It's like you had read my mind and seen my confusion, obviously basic physics is that a 1960's racing car can't go 220mph round a corner, you knew i meant physics as in 'feel' and its relationship with FFB.

Absolutely perfect.

You could check the time stamp files were added ?
I could UL my version but it includes several more layouts by Legion...
I wouldn't recommend a file integrity check...

Last edited:
force feedback settings

The best way to adjust FFB in any mod, once the physic is set in data is to use the dev app that adjust FFB automatically. That is how Aris/Kunos adjust it them self. Data needs to be unpack, you need to complete 2 laps before recording the setting and you are done. I got that trick directly from Aris a long time ago (in a far away galaxy) :)

The best way to adjust FFB in any mod, once the physic is set in data is to use the dev app that adjust FFB automatically. That is how Aris/Kunos adjust it them self. Data needs to be unpack, you need to complete 2 laps before recording the setting and you are done. I got that trick directly from Aris a long time ago (in a far away galaxy) :)
wut :embarrassed: that makes life way way way way easier :drool::bowdown:

Hello,
does anyone have the Adria and Most circuits?
What I have of Adria does not have the map, while that of Most created by TMM crashes the game

Easy enough to make a map. Delete the one in the folder (if it's not working) and go drive. CM (I assume you are using it ?) makes a new one.
But anyway: here's Adria (available on RD, but this is with new AI):

https://mega.nz/#!bfhlCQBD!o_auxeATPFRsDFTx69UThA91dnBOLZyj2o_-HOA73Wg

And regarding TMM's Most: it works fine here:

https://mega.nz/#!neh1VCZY!YEJ0wVhDEaHOlBpudFqmeZrWjO4FhBz9j-_Nf7gZjrQ

Edit: Adria is very outdated though and it really doesn't look very good. Recently a rF2 version appeared and that is much, much better looking. I wish it could be converted to AC to have a proper one...

Last edited:
https://mega.nz/#!UE9hiAIR!-Hd_mooLT7yTIPu8Y_Oedwmo6kqNvPYdh6AH15Th5xg
camero ZL1 1LE (a car i have personally driven in real life and on a track with a professional instructing me thanks to chevy)
This car has been worked on, on and off since october along with the ford gt:censored: that i dont want to talk about because itll never be finished }:(
this camero ive worked very very hard to make it accurate in terms of downforce and laptimes, each corner of the nurburgring its within 1-2% of the real speed during the professional lap. the final time was 7:16 in real life, ive managed 7:17.2 with this mod on "fast" track conditions. the real life lightning lap at VIR grand west was 2:45.7 time ive managed 2:45.3 with this mod. the rear wing makes exactly 300lb of downforce at 155mph like the real car. most of the grip is mechanical however because of the 305 wide front tire, for reference mclaren senna only has a 265 wide up front. so the ZL1 1LE heavily leans on its tires for the grip with brute force, otherwise this 3820 pound car wouldn't budge. The engine was redone using factory data and more importantly real life Dyno Charts for Wheel horsepower. also it now makes the factory boost with the supercharger.
39fc461552c4a8753b7b5bdea2a4d67f.png

Original car is by IXA Project 15 and that really surprised me since his cars are almost always perfect, but this one was really in bad shape, it made like 1000 pounds of downforce at 130mph and only one rear wheel would spin during burnouts. and the suspensions where very very off. so i dont think he put his best into this one like his other cars. IXA project is normally a go to mod for high quality to me.

anyhow enjoy and feedback would be appreciated on this one if something is wrong. i worked way to long on this to not fix every little detail you guys find wrong with it, ill fix everything! no matter how small. i owe it to this car after this long.

Great car, the physics are good IMHO and it goes sideways so many thanks! One issue though... all three mirrors are flipped the wrong way around using VR and real mirrors.. any chance of a fix?

Check your PM in a couple minutes.
I DO NOT recommend to let steam run a integrity check, as it may overwrite original content if you happened to mod it.
My nurburgring has custum ui files, but seeing your problem, I believe it won't make any difference to you.

can anyone share the Kunos track Nurburgring with me. i tried adding a skin to it and accidently added it into the track itself not as a skin that i can turn on and off. and i dont know what files are from the rework when i go into the folder of the stuff it added since it mixed with the old content. so i just gotta start over from the original track the track is just called "Nurburgring" it consists of 4 layouts.
Did you managed to get it working again? Normaly you just have to delete all *.dds and maybe "the preview.png" and you have done it. If not PM me.

I DO NOT recommend to let steam run a integrity check, as it may overwrite original content if you happened to mod it.
I wouldn´t recommend it either. Done one time at beginning with AC and it wasn´t my best idea. :crazy: :irked: :lol:
What I´ve done after this bad experience (sound mods gone etc.), was installing AC again on a second computer like a Notebook and backuped this fresh install on a USB HDD. Now, this backup rescued me and some others many times. :sly: :lol:

Easy enough to make a map. Delete the one in the folder (if it's not working) and go drive. CM (I assume you are using it ?) makes a new one.
But anyway: here's Adria (available on RD, but this is with new AI):

https://mega.nz/#!bfhlCQBD!o_auxeATPFRsDFTx69UThA91dnBOLZyj2o_-HOA73Wg

And regarding TMM's Most: it works fine here:

https://mega.nz/#!neh1VCZY!YEJ0wVhDEaHOlBpudFqmeZrWjO4FhBz9j-_Nf7gZjrQ

Edit: Adria is very outdated though and it really doesn't look very good. Recently a rF2 version appeared and that is much, much better looking. I wish it could be converted to AC to have a proper one...
thank you so much for your help! now I try them 👍

I wouldn´t recommend it either. Done one time at beginning with AC and it wasn´t my best idea. :crazy: :irked: :lol:
What I´ve done after this bad experience (sound mods gone etc.), was installing AC again on a second computer like a Notebook and backuped this fresh install on a USB HDD. Now, this backup rescued me and some others many times. :sly: :lol:
This reminds me, I really should back up my mods and settings for AC in case my PC goes pop. Anyone know exactly what to back up?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back