- 1,274

- Arrakis
Release the sheep. GrassFX config for Ruapuna Park 2012.
Here's a bunch of typical New Zealanders on their way to a track day...
Release the sheep. GrassFX config for Ruapuna Park 2012.
Indeed a good car, but for some reason mirrors are reversed..../...And one other thing, nice find on the Porsche you posted last page. One of the best cars I've driven (street) in a long long time, tried many, not so much. You got a place for that guys work?
(even has GPS in the dash working properly)![]()
I understand this well, as I myself recently switched to CSP and SOL.Whoah. Mind blown............
Whoah. Mind blown.
After the recent chat about grid presets I just tried loading up an old preset of mine, one I've not done in ages: a GT3 race against 19 other AI GT3 cars at Spa, all different vehicles, a combo of Kunos cars and one-LoD mods, at midday. It's a combo I used to run effortlessly in VR on my current hardware before the CSP, and it was always a smooth and dependable race.
Just now it was a bloody slideshow.
I then did something quite radical for me: I disabled the CSP and Sol and ran the same race again. It was smooth as silk. And not only that but it looked fantastic. I'd forgotten how good vanilla AC used to look before Sol. Everything looked a lot 'cleaner' somehow, and sharper.
I've been under the impression (and I think it's a common misconception) that, with various CPU and GPU optimisations that the CSP adds, AC runs just as well with Sol and the CSP as it did in vanilla state. That's certainly not the case for me based on tonight's experience. I don't think I've noticed my drop in performance over the past 18 months or so because it's been stealthy and incremental, getting imperceptibly worse and worse with every new update. And it kind of explains why I've gone from being a big-grid AI racer to almost exclusively being a hot-lapper, without really realising I was doing it.
I haven't even had a lot of CSP effects active, yet without me even realising it was slowly, surely, and surreptitiously affecting my experience.
I need to seriously reevaluate my settings now and cut out as much of the bloatware as I can, and I may well come to the conclusion that I don't really need all the bells and whistles that the CSP can add. The core experience should be the most important thing and I think I've lost sight of that over the past year or so.
Dusk and dawn are nice but I don't really enjoy driving at night as it looks pretty crappy in VR, so I'm sure I'll be more than happy sticking to daylight. The new smoke and particle effects are lovely, but they're just eye candy. Do I notice trees swaying in the breeze as I'm driving around? Probably not. Will I miss raindrops on the windscreen? I actively avoid them anyway, so no. Will I miss 3D grass in its current form? Absolutely not. I already prefer it without.
I think I've got a little caught up in the excitement of seeing amazing technical achievements, of witnessing things that I didn't think AC was possible of doing, and in the process I've maybe lost sight of THE most important thing: the thrill of the race against a pack of opponents and a smooth, immersive experience.
Lots to ponder over the coming days, and plenty of testing ahead. Hopefully I'll reach some sort of compromise with just a few key CSP features still able to be active, but I think ditching Sol and Weather FX might well be the first thing to try.
I'm sorry to bother, but I've been seeing pics of this Lexus non-stop in here, it's looking good! Is it public?![]()
Your willing to ditch all this goodness?!I'd look to your settings - something, shader with grass etc. doesn't bog my system down with 20+ cars.
And one other thing, nice find on the Porsche you posted last page. One of the best cars I've driven (street) in a long long time, tried many, not so much. You got a place for that guys work?
(even has GPS in the dash working properly)
Your earlier comments just had me testing various settings for the past couple of hours, thanks!Night racing doesn't look great in VR (not on a low-res CV1, anyway) and the performance hit on my 980ti/6600k combo is too great for anything but hot lapping, so it's not something I really use (and therefore won't really miss) anyway.
I'm not about to ditch CSP completely (it's actually needed for a lot of recent mods, and there's no way I'm giving up 3D mirrors) but I'll be eliminating the bloat that I don't really need. I strongly suspect that Weather FX/Sol is the biggest resource hog so that'll form the start of my testing. And as I said earlier, I actually think daylight races (in my CV1, anyway) look better with vanilla weather. Cleaner, sharper, more vibrant and without the 'Instagram hipster filter' heavily-processed look that Sol can introduce.
..../.... If I turn off weather FX in the CSP settings then it barely looks any different to Vanilla AC but with a huge FPS boost. I wonder if there is something really bad going on with your settings?.../...
There is certainly vastly different results from different systems it seems. So does your vanilla look better than CSP minus weather FX?It seems to depend on the different systems used.
In my case, just tested: if I turn weather FX off, it does not look good and I gain only 9.9 fps (AVG), not exactly huge here...
Specs below
Not really. It's different, certainly not bad, but the overall view with CSP and weather FX looks more natural on my screens.There is certainly vastly different results from different systems it seems. So does your vanilla look better than CSP minus weather FX?
I'll do more testing later but I'm pretty sure that Sol is my main resource hog.It seems to depend on the different systems used.
In my case, just tested: if I turn weather FX off, it does not look good and I gain only 9.9 fps (AVG), not exactly huge here...
Specs below
Masscot, just out of interest, what kind of FPS are you getting with 20-or-so cars with CSP/SOL on, and what are you getting with them off?
Obviously the selection of cars and track makes a big difference, but I'm just talking general ballpark figures.
Does anyone else have a problem with their content manager locking up. It only seems to
happen after I've viewed a car in the custom showroom though, but has to be force closed which is annoying.
i have the simular issue when installing mods it will freeze for about 30seconds then start again
untested yet, just collected for testing this WE.__Sol is the base filter, where most of the Sol features are deactivated, like adaptive brightness and sun dazzle.
__Sol_ACC has cooler colors and is trying to look like ACC.
__Sol_Extra has warm colors and most of the Sol features are very present.
__Sol_HC is a special filter, realy meant for driving. It uses a different tone mapping function, where colors can clip. It has neutral colors and brightness is always high enough to see everything, like the autoexposure of a camera. Atm I think this is the filter to be used with Sol, because it looks realy great and it gives the feel of how bright the sun and the sky can be. It tries to have much more dynamic for the light.
But it's an induvidual decision, what filter you like the best. It also realy depends on your monitor. On the overview page there are also 2 charts to calibrate the black and the white level of your monitor. Black level can be adjusted in sol_config. This is very important for night time races.
Extra Tip from Peter, to boost fps with __Sol_HC, modify _Sol_HC.ini and change
[GLARE]
SHAPE=11 -> SHAPE=1
I'm rather fond of the Steyr-Puch from Legion https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search?q=steyr
so I made a few more (race) skins for it, nothing special since I know close to nothing about making skins, but anyway...
View attachment 882350
Available here for a while: https://mega.nz/#!CCAkySCQ!x8G289A7qZkIgFqxY2S5u_G3Tzo-cA4WtL0RGPi_x5s
@GzeroD : feel free to use them with your mod if you like.
Your earlier comments just had me testing various settings for the past couple of hours, thanks!
CSP absolutely improves the performance on my system. If I turn off weather FX in the CSP settings then it barely looks any different to Vanilla AC but with a huge FPS boost. I wonder if there is something really bad going on with your settings?
I have everything maxed out in AC video settings and most of the graphics optimisations in CSP turned on, new smoke, grass on ultra. Extra FX off (I only use that for taking screenshots)
I tested lots of track combinations and cars with all very similar results, here's some quick screenshots to show different combinations and results, they were only taken at the starting grid, but the difference in FPS stays roughly the same for the whole of a lap:
Front of 24 car grid:
Back of 24 car grid:
Specs:
i7 3770 @~4.1Ghz, 16GB Ram, RTX 2060, 1440p screen
Lol, maybe we should generate background images with Clippit or Clippy giving nice tips on track start?...
And i am amazed at how many people i have come across asking why their tracks were white.... people don't know enough about things like the weather changes per date etc....
Some stuff can break the game, like Oulton park with extra reflections on track clicked on literally look utter garbage, turn it off and it looks great again..
It's practically free and it need some common sense and the discord is very helpful, but its not beyond reproach.
Ever wondered what Riverside might look like after a grass seed truck exploded upwind just before a long wet winter? No, me neither, but here's the result anyway.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/62r3xt4dqt64z99/skins.7z/file
Drops the unzipped 'skins' folder into the main track folder and select the 'Grassy' skin.
This was just a very quick 'n' dirty piss around - nothing serious, nothing for knickers to get all twisted about. It won't be uploaded to RD and doesn't even have a 3D grass config.
Btw. the "normal" old default backgrounds from CM/CSP are for longer time now broken or is it only on my CM?
Btw. the "normal" old default backgrounds from CM/CSP are for longer time now broken or is it only on my CM?