Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
hey is there a good version of this eagle out there? like one with proper physics? the one i have seems to have no grip and makes very little downforce, and i know this car has to be something like the 787B in terms of grip. like atleast in the same ballpark
View attachment 882058
I updated my rtm version to real Downforce amounts and it feels not so bad. It is a beast in the fast turns but high drag. I can share you my version if you want but i must tell you i am just an amateur... https://mega.nz/#!h0FTRa6C!3kBN0YEQKWs5iJPJSt1ZRqO0kTxUFYnka6Ej4vZuzSM

yes, thats him.

Always one of my favourites lol
3036541-inline-i-1-the-secret-history-of-the-michelin-manmichelin3.jpg

View attachment 881626
01lrr2rfkamo

Hi,

I enjoy snow tracks as much as the next guy but, how do I turn I fix this? There is no snow mods for Nürburgring 1967. I've cleared the mods off of my assetto corsa, uninstalled and reinstalled it but, nothing works.

Try this i uploaded the new config file into github, so it should be available now to download from CM

This will make it possible to change season through Sol weather app, but if you want no snow ever i recommend you to disable season change in CM

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nurburgring-1967.172014/post-3089553

Last edited:
By Philip Porter
Porsche 2019 991.2 GT2RS MR
Requires - CSP 0.1.30 or higher

Porsche has set another new record on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in cooperation with Manthey-Racing. On Thursday, 25 October 2018, the Porsche GT2 RS MR completed a lap of the 20.6-kilometre long circuit in 6:40.3 minutes.
No other road-legal vehicle has ever been so fast on ‘The Green Hell’ track. Lars Kern was at the wheel of the sports car, which had been especially set up for the ‘Nordschleife’ by Porsche engineers and Manthey-Racing experts. The Porsche test driver already set a lap record in September 2017 in a series-production Porsche 911 GT2 RS.
“We kept our eye on the weather all day and thought hard about whether such a drive was possible. We would not have taken any risks if it was raining or if the track was slightly damp,” says Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Head of Motorsport and GT Cars. The Porsche 911 GT2 RS was equipped with the new performance kit from Manthey-Racing, supplemented by an overall vehicle setup tailored to the circuit characteristics of the Nürburgring-Norschleife. “In this test drive, we simply wanted to assess the potential of the vehicle once more. The result is quite impressive. It really is a fabulous time. This shows again very clearly the exciting possibilities of this sports car.”

82388682_2715596908507374_5366663036234891264_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's because they are in the skin, in skins folder there is numberplate.dds for separate plate design.
The mod has a separate object for illuminated numberplates.

Whoah. Mind blown.
After the recent chat about grid presets I just tried loading up an old preset of mine, one I've not done in ages: a GT3 race against 19 other AI GT3 cars at Spa, all different vehicles, a combo of Kunos cars and one-LoD mods, at midday. It's a combo I used to run effortlessly in VR on my current hardware before the CSP, and it was always a smooth and dependable race.
Just now it was a bloody slideshow.
I then did something quite radical for me: I disabled the CSP and Sol and ran the same race again. It was smooth as silk. And not only that but it looked fantastic. I'd forgotten how good vanilla AC used to look before Sol. Everything looked a lot 'cleaner' somehow, and sharper.
I've been under the impression (and I think it's a common misconception) that, with various CPU and GPU optimisations that the CSP adds, AC runs just as well with Sol and the CSP as it did in vanilla state. That's certainly not the case for me based on tonight's experience. I don't think I've noticed my drop in performance over the past 18 months or so because it's been stealthy and incremental, getting imperceptibly worse and worse with every new update. And it kind of explains why I've gone from being a big-grid AI racer to almost exclusively being a hot-lapper, without really realising I was doing it.
I haven't even had a lot of CSP effects active, yet without me even realising it was slowly, surely, and surreptitiously affecting my experience.
I need to seriously reevaluate my settings now and cut out as much of the bloatware as I can, and I may well come to the conclusion that I don't really need all the bells and whistles that the CSP can add. The core experience should be the most important thing and I think I've lost sight of that over the past year or so.
Dusk and dawn are nice but I don't really enjoy driving at night as it looks pretty crappy in VR, so I'm sure I'll be more than happy sticking to daylight. The new smoke and particle effects are lovely, but they're just eye candy. Do I notice trees swaying in the breeze as I'm driving around? Probably not. Will I miss raindrops on the windscreen? I actively avoid them anyway, so no. Will I miss 3D grass in its current form? Absolutely not. I already prefer it without.
I think I've got a little caught up in the excitement of seeing amazing technical achievements, of witnessing things that I didn't think AC was possible of doing, and in the process I've maybe lost sight of THE most important thing: the thrill of the race against a pack of opponents and a smooth, immersive experience.
Lots to ponder over the coming days, and plenty of testing ahead. Hopefully I'll reach some sort of compromise with just a few key CSP features still able to be active, but I think ditching Sol and Weather FX might well be the first thing to try.

Last edited:
That's because they are in the skin, in skins folder there is numberplate.dds for separate plate design.
The mod has a separate object for illuminated numberplates.

Yeah, I know there´s that object, but to be honest, I have no idea of how to do it.

I saw this two images and I thought that the numberplates were lit by default with the skins

screenshot_lexus_rcf_gt3_acc_daytona_2017_17-1-120-1-38-53-jpg.882055

screenshot_lexus_rcf_gt3_acc_daytona_2017_17-1-120-1-36-52-jpg.882057

Yeah, I know there´s that object, but to be honest, I have no idea of how to do it.

I saw this two images and I thought that the numberplates were lit by default with the skins
Element user probably edited gladbecker's skin and moved the plate design into numberplate.dds. Firstly you need a photo editor that opens a .dds and than you can do it. Or perhaps ask gladbecker to change his skin design. ;)

Whoah. Mind blown.
After the recent chat about grid presets I just tried loading up an old preset of mine, one I've not done in ages: a GT3 race against 19 other AI GT3 cars at Spa, all different vehicles, a combo of Kunos cars and one-LoD mods, at midday. It's a combo I used to run effortlessly in VR on my current hardware before the CSP and was always a smooth and dependable race.
Okay, you got me thinking. I got into AC very late and the first thing I did was installing CM, CSP and Sol because that was what everyone did. I spend too much time managing performance/quality even though I never really used most features. I'll try vanilla AC for some time.

Also it's funny how everyone here collectively realized we spend too much time with modding.

:lol: i genuinely laughed at that out loud.
Shame I cocked the sentence up with "...before by a long wet winter" like some illiterate numbskull... :irked:

Going back to my previous post before I retire for the night, I simply cannot believe how much better AC looks on my system with Sol deactivated. Everything looks sharper, cleaner, and more true-to-life. It hasn't looked this good for as long as I can remember. I'm gobsmacked. Lighting is more uniform, cars look more detailed, colours are natural... and this is with some random PP filter. I'm genuinely amazed, and healthily encouraged. It's like having a new VR HMD with better colour balance and a higher resolution, and with three times the performance.
Wow. I'm running 20-car grids on all the tracks I've tried so far without breaking sweat, and I've been limited to six or seven opponents recently before frame rate tanked. This is a bloody game-changer.

then did something quite radical for me: I disabled the CSP and Sol and ran the same race again. It was smooth as silk

Interesting developement, when I did comparison in the past, I did not noticed much difference in performance, but I have not done it recently. Have you shared your experience on the CSP Discord ?
I hope you will keep us in the loop about your findings.
Like you I am not driving at night, nor in the rain, only in ACC.
From the patch I like the weather transition and the real mirrors.

Masscot, just out of interest, what kind of FPS are you getting with 20-or-so cars with CSP/SOL on, and what are you getting with them off?

Obviously the selection of cars and track makes a big difference, but I'm just talking general ballpark figures.

Shame I cocked the sentence up with "...before by a long wet winter" like some illiterate numbskull... :irked:

Going back to my previous post before I retire for the night, I simply cannot believe how much better AC looks on my system with Sol deactivated. Everything looks sharper, cleaner, and more true-to-life. It hasn't looked this good for as long as I can remember. I'm gobsmacked. Lighting is more uniform, cars look more detailed, colours are natural... and this is with some random PP filter. I'm genuinely amazed, and healthily encouraged. It's like having a new VR HMD with better colour balance and a higher resolution, and with three times the performance.
Wow. I'm running 20-car grids on all the tracks I've tried so far without breaking sweat, and I've been limited to six or seven opponents recently before frame rate tanked. This is a bloody game-changer.

Have just tried it out without CSP and sol and honestly I get what you mean about the sharpness...CSP seems to add a little bit of fuzz around everything. It's especially noticeable on the wheels but I'm happy with it either way. I kinda like all the fluff that CSP adds but I'll take all the FPS I can with my lowly system so I may just disable it for now. I'm not fussed as I'm spending most of my time just trying to get my head round how to make skins lol

Last edited:
I've been under the impression (and I think it's a common misconception) that, with various CPU and GPU optimisations that the CSP adds, AC runs just as well with Sol and the CSP as it did in vanilla state.

As someone with a potato PC, I definitely can't run Sol (or any PP for that matter), but I can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that CSPs optimizations are very effective. In my experience, I get a 50-75% performance increase over non-CSP. That increase is essential to me, as my hardware can't handle the vanilla game with a playable framerate, but CSP solves that.

As someone with a potato PC, I definitely can't run Sol (or any PP for that matter), but I can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that CSPs optimizations are very effective. In my experience, I get a 50-75% performance increase over non-CSP. That increase is essential to me, as my hardware can't handle the vanilla game with a playable framerate, but CSP solves that.

That's what I'm puzzled about too Patrick. I find CSP a real lifesaver with performance... and also think it makes AC look miles better than it ever did in its 'vanilla' form.

Pre-CSP, I could never run more than about 16 cars on track before it became totally unplayable. Now I regularly run 20-24 with much higher settings for everything and never drop into unplayable territory.

Last edited:
Cold you please screenshot your csp optimization settings?

By Philip Porter
Porsche 2019 991.2 GT2RS MR
Requires - CSP 0.1.30 or higher

Porsche has set another new record on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife in cooperation with Manthey-Racing. On Thursday, 25 October 2018, the Porsche GT2 RS MR completed a lap of the 20.6-kilometre long circuit in 6:40.3 minutes.
No other road-legal vehicle has ever been so fast on ‘The Green Hell’ track. Lars Kern was at the wheel of the sports car, which had been especially set up for the ‘Nordschleife’ by Porsche engineers and Manthey-Racing experts. The Porsche test driver already set a lap record in September 2017 in a series-production Porsche 911 GT2 RS.
“We kept our eye on the weather all day and thought hard about whether such a drive was possible. We would not have taken any risks if it was raining or if the track was slightly damp,” says Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Head of Motorsport and GT Cars. The Porsche 911 GT2 RS was equipped with the new performance kit from Manthey-Racing, supplemented by an overall vehicle setup tailored to the circuit characteristics of the Nürburgring-Norschleife. “In this test drive, we simply wanted to assess the potential of the vehicle once more. The result is quite impressive. It really is a fabulous time. This shows again very clearly the exciting possibilities of this sports car.”

View attachment 882169

This is the fastest street-legal car I've tried on a lap of L.A. Canyons.

Edit: Well, not this exact same GT2 RS MR; another one released so long ago that the fmod sfx didn't work (and Lewis Hamilton was still racing go-karts...JK). This MR is somewhat inferior to the older ver...as is all to often the case with 'reworked' mods...present company excepted.
@portakal

@portakal

I know Velo's mods are a bit of a touchy subject on here right now ;) but he has a Toyota Eagle GTP IMSA on his site
I'm guessing that's not the same as the mkIII that you are talking about though. Link is here if you wanna try it https://mega.nz/#!1REXjaKJ!PA_meh2wNSpAXgblGXS1ZtJiR6Jymb9AX2Tfougbm0Q

I know Velo's mods are a bit of a touchy subject on here right now ;) but he has a Toyota Eagle GTP IMSA on his site
I'm guessing that's not the same as the mkIII that you are talking about though. Link is here if you wanna try it https://mega.nz/#!1REXjaKJ!PA_meh2wNSpAXgblGXS1ZtJiR6Jymb9AX2Tfougbm0Q

I've had little luck with Velo's cars, physics-wise. I tried the Eagle Mk III from the site referenced above at Bridgehampton, where I do most of my high-speed testing. I never completed a lap in a dozen tries. The front end always washed out @ Turn 13 at any reasonable speed. The only other Eagle Mk III I have is also described as an IMSA GTP (v.1.1 in this case) but it differs in having an adjustable turbo, terrible sfx (with no waste-gate stuttering... easily fixed in CM), better setup options and far superior handling. I am posting a setup for this car in the hope that somebody knows which car it is exactly (change .txt to .ini).

Attachments

• imsa_toyota_eagle_bridge.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Cold you please screenshot your csp optimization settings?

I'll post benchmarks when I get home in a little while comparing CSP enabled/disabled. As for my CSP settings, it's mainly default with just a few small changes. Lighting FX, Extra FX, Weather FX are all off as those have the most negative impact on my performance. I reduced clip planes (helps on longer tracks), and all the CPU and GPU optimizations are enabled.

Whoah. Mind blown.
After the recent chat about grid presets I just tried loading up an old preset of mine, one I've not done in ages: a GT3 race against 19 other AI GT3 cars at Spa, all different vehicles, a combo of Kunos cars and one-LoD mods, at midday. It's a combo I used to run effortlessly in VR on my current hardware before the CSP, and it was always a smooth and dependable race.
Just now it was a bloody slideshow......

Your willing to ditch all this goodness?! :D I'd look to your settings - something, shader with grass etc. doesn't bog my system down with 20+ cars.
wallhaven-5wpd27.png

no lights for the Nissan, a replay thing :D
wallhaven-5wj9x3.png

And one other thing, nice find on the Porsche you posted last page. One of the best cars I've driven (street) in a long long time, tried many, not so much. You got a place for that guys work?
(even has GPS in the dash working properly)
Screenshot-f-porsche-gt2rs-mr2-sebring-16-1-120-20-27-13.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back