Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,351 comments
Road America by Lilsky will be released later today. Start hitting that F5 key guys
TRM looks imminent too.

WATpodlogocircle-01.png

Would you have a tip where to find the TCL Jaguar E-Type - the packs I found on the VAC discord do not include the Jaguar :-(

This is a CSP feature designed to auto-find the exhaust manifold of a car and color it depending on engine heat.
With the Corvette apparently it doesn't properly auito-find the correct 3D objects.
It can be trouble shot by setting up the feature MANUALLY in the car config file.

Ah, that's what's happening. I'm not a modder, is that easy to do? Perhaps they will update the car later with that set properly?

__custom_showroom_1588544127.png
Nice but you didn't include the AO, there's a template folder in the latest download of the car with it all in there. Great skin though đź‘Ť

absolutely correct @norms - my bad... thanks for the review/update.
AO now included with skins (just updating 2x DDS files only), cheers!

EDIT - (note: most probably working-off a previous version, all good.)

Attachments

• mustang_fp_gt4__AO-included.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
Question: What data would cause a car body to suddenly rise almost a foot over its rear wheels in a foward leaning pitch when selecting Align Using Data in CM showroom?:confused:

Question: What data would cause a car body to suddenly rise almost a foot over its rear wheels in a foward leaning pitch when selecting Align Using Data in CM showroom?:confused:
If it is just a visual problem, suspension.ini:

BASEY=

adjust that figure.

Thanks @Beezer215 for pointing out my error!

Last edited:
Edit: I fixed it it was the ramsonware windows 10 thing protection

I get this error in the apps window:

Can't save AC settings:

Access to the path is dennied.

Make sure app has access to cfg folder.

What is going on? I whitelisted the firewall for cm but this keeps popping.

Last edited:

BASEY=

adjust that figure.
Hmmm, interesting. Adjusting that figure does nothing in Showroom but does have drastic effects when you attempt to drive it. Like flipping the car upside done if you make drastic changes in the positive direction. Makes me wonder how useful align using data really is

Hmmm, interesting. Adjusting that figure does nothing in Showroom but does have drastic effects when you attempt to drive it. Like flipping the car upside done if you make drastic changes in the positive direction. Makes me wonder how useful align using data really is
Really? It should immediately adjust the height of the car with "align using data" ticked. Maybe something is up with your CM?

Perhaps. Other changes are reflected immediately upon saving but not that one :ill:

Personally I'd try this first:

I use Gzero's guide.

"Use CM showroom, align using data, and fiddle with 'GRAPHICS_OFFSET=' inside car.ini to place the car back over its wheels.

Also 'car.ini' has GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION, where you can tilt the car to level it up."

LOL

BASEY=

adjust that figure.
Whoa whoa.
m1819.gif

That's not how you adjust that or at least not the first thing to look at. BASEY is what gives the front or rear of the car it's center of gravity. That's how you can make a F1 car feel like you're driving a van. By raising BASEY the weight transfer rises and rises at a higher position than from the wheels of the car. Look at BASEY and make sure the numbers are realistic. Like 0.05 or 0.1 or 0.15, nothing like 5.87 or anything like that.
You're going to want to go into car.ini though and adjust the graphical aspect of the model.
car.ini:

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.57,-0.25 ; 3 axis correction (x,y,z), applies only to the 3D object of the car. in meters
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=0.5 ;- ; changes 3D object rotation in pitch

This is what you're after most likely.

LOL

Whoa whoa.
m1819.gif

That's not how you adjust that or at least not the first thing to look at. BASEY is what gives the front or rear of the car it's center of gravity. That's how you can make a F1 car feel like you're driving a van. By raising BASEY the weight transfer rises and rises at a higher position than from the wheels of the car. Look at BASEY and make sure the numbers are realistic. Like 0.05 or 0.1 or 0.15, nothing like 5.87 or anything like that.
You're going to want to go into car.ini though and adjust the graphical aspect of the model.
car.ini:

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.57,-0.25 ; 3 axis correction (x,y,z), applies only to the 3D object of the car. in meters

Thank you all for your quick responses. After 4.5 hours of debugging network issues and then an hour of trying to resolve this one I'm going to bug out for the evening and try again tomorrow. Will report on my findings:cheers:

Thank you all for your quick responses. After 4.5 hours of debugging network issues and then an hour of trying to resolve this one I'm going to bug out for the evening and try again tomorrow. Will report on my findings:cheers:
I can help get the body in shape if you'd like. Message the issue if need be.
Although putting out a car that does flips might be fun if just to watch all the people complain and gripe.
m0116.gif

LOL

Whoa whoa.
m1819.gif

car.ini:

[BASIC]

You're absolutely correct! Damn, that was silly of me, I even knew what you just stated to be true :embarrassed: I best check some references in future instead of using my memory as that is a dangerous thing at the best of times! Apologies @deCarrera

Related to that point though, I've just had a quick go with the CM showroom on a random car and raising BASEY definitely changes immediately with align using data, that's still a bit confusing why yours doesn't @deCarrera :confused:

You're absolutely correct! Damn, that was silly of me, I even knew what you just stated to be true :embarrassed: I best check some references in future instead of using my memory as that is a dangerous thing at the best of times! Apologies @deCarrera

Related to that point though, I've just had a quick go with the CM showroom on a random car and raising BASEY definitely changes immediately with align using data, that's still a bit confusing why yours doesn't @deCarrera :confused:
:D
It's confusing. I used to not realize the difference and I screwed up a few cars and had to redownload them. I just don't want to see him do that. Always keep copies of the files you're working on.

This is a great performance upgrade...I still think it needs the road surface smoothing more...ps the track edges also need the alpha reapplying in the shader...looks a little weird as is

Can someone repost the link or can upload this track? Sonoma is a great track and my AC reboot version is a not optimized

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back