Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,185 comments
Totally agree with you on the sound, especially from the outside has lots of depth to it and got to be one of my favorite mods now. Only missing real life skins now to have a complete package. I'm going to use this as inspiration to have a punt at learning some basics on skinning but prob take a few weeks in the meantime :lol:

Yep needs some proper skins, hopefully will get the same love as his GTAm.

Such a beauty.

Screenshot_pg_tc1000_ks_silverstone_29-6-120-23-52-49.jpg

Croix-en-Ternois (F).

A little French track where I used to go (a looong time ago) on motorcycle track days.
Under 2km long (11-13m wide and not - as I notice now in the UI 116-130m).

I had it for rF2 and now available for AC. Needs some TLC, grass, better trees etc...

View attachment 936145

https://mega.nz/file/OSZyCajY#cUd8SHnSUcpgWJxP_PRyTvnn-XWKJ-ngeew1jlqBoKs

Enjoy ;)
Thank you, it's always great to get new content and to get to know a track you had never heard about, much appreciated man!!

Yeah, you don't tell anybody here when matters are closed, not your call. Also I don't need your, or anybody else's, permission to defend someone who has been unfairly and wrongly treated.

You people could simply add him to your ignore list and you would never see his posts again, simples. He doesn't brake any rules so he doesn't have to stop doing what he's been doing.

I'm sorry Kadoogan, but you are being the aggressive one at this point. It's time to give the whole subject a rest. I'd like to bet that HarrisHawk would much rather we all moved on and stopped putting him involuntarily in the center of a pointless drama. Among the things he has asked for, this wasn't one of them.

Croix-en-Ternois (F).

A little French track where I used to go (a looong time ago) on motorcycle track days.
Under 2km long (11-13m wide and not - as I notice now in the UI 116-130m).

I had it for rF2 and now available for AC. Needs some TLC, grass, better trees etc...

View attachment 936145

https://mega.nz/file/OSZyCajY#cUd8SHnSUcpgWJxP_PRyTvnn-XWKJ-ngeew1jlqBoKs

Enjoy ;)

Sorry for the double post, I just gave it a go with a quick race, I noticed the ai on the 4th position on the grid always drives into the wall at the start of the race and blocks the other ai cars behind him xD

Guys, I have a dumb camera question. I've not really been to concerned with cameras because I don't watch replays, but I'm starting to for the sheer entertainment of watching my race look like it's on tv. Sooo, the cameras that our guys here on the forum provide, do these add nice tv cams that automatically cycle while watching the replay, or are they cameras that you must select via a camera change hotkey?

As others mentioned Masscott brought info up about this car. I tried this car out a week ago and it is a huge car mod and the cockpit sits offset on the right side of the car. Gearing seems strange for me, I tried both manual and auto shift. I couldn't get it to the top gears, it would always downshift back to 1st or 2nd gear. I never did get it into 4th gear, if it did it was only momentary. So I could never get top speeds on the car mod. I only hotlapped it on Atlanta Oval track.

i tried the mod, weird, does not drove well, in VR you see the 2 right front tire blocking 99% of the driver view. Already made it to the vault probably to never be driven again.
Just a word of caution if you are using high level of FFB, it might have a detrimental effect to your wheel.

Guys, I have a dumb camera question. I've not really been to concerned with cameras because I don't watch replays, but I'm starting to for the sheer entertainment of watching my race look like it's on tv. Sooo, the cameras that our guys here on the forum provide, do these add nice tv cams that automatically cycle while watching the replay, or are they cameras that you must select via a camera change hotkey?

Press F2 and it cycles random cameras. So if you have 4 camera sets then that will pick from each of those.
You can go further and pick how long each camera stays on each time and other stuff like if it uses in car cams etc.

Some camera sets are just the same camera set but with closer or further away FOV so sort of pointless in that case.

Sorry for the double post, I just gave it a go with a quick race, I noticed the ai on the 4th position on the grid always drives into the wall at the start of the race and blocks the other ai cars behind him xD
Indeed, depending on the cars used and the number of AI (it's not always the 4th car), the cars on the right side have a tendency to steer to the right. Sometimes they get away with it, but mostly not.
I guess this will have to be a part of the TLC this track needs... ;)

Hi!
Is there any way to create custom previews for the encrypted models? I remember something like that being discussed here, but I don’t remember if any solution was found.

Hi!
Is there any way to create custom previews for the encrypted models? I remember something like that being discussed here, but I don’t remember if a solution was found.

The only encrypted car mods that you can make custom previews for are those which the modder has given a code for that is directly implemented in Content Manager. It's added to the builds by Ilja, who writes CM. There's no way around the encryption beyond that.

The only encrypted car mods that you can make custom previews for are those which the modder has given a code for that is directly implemented in Content Manager. It's added to the builds by Ilja, who writes CM. There's no way around the encryption beyond that.

Actually, it was maybe four or five months ago or so that someone did de-crypt the encryption on some car (can't remember what car/person) with a simple .kn5 overwrite. It was shared, and worked. But most of these encrypted cars are garbage anyways so no real loss there.

Actually, it was maybe four or five months ago or so that someone did de-crypt the encryption on some car (can't remember what car/person) with a simple .kn5 overwrite. It was shared, and worked. But most of these encrypted cars are garbage anyways so no real loss there.

As far as I know, some (rare) modders who have encrytped their data files have also provided an extra kn5 file you can use just to make a custom preview, but then you have to switch the original back to actually drive the mod. I haven't seen any way of bypassing the encryption beyond that.

hi, i downloaded the mod. Thank you, but
tachometer does not work or appears very rarely
the daytime running lights are no longer working.

can the rear spoiler work?

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi there. The tachometer, speed needle and clock needle are working now. I forgot to "give them the light". It's fixed on this side now and I will release later on with other improvements (waiting for more people to test and feedback). The daytime running lights are alive and kicking here. Are you running CSP? Regarding the spoiler I have no idea how to make it work. We need people with knowlege to make it happen.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback!

I'm aware that for some of you, this is an easy task. For a noob like me isn't.

Can someone please, tell me how to remove this silly decal from the dashboard?

Thank you.

60jz.png

You can also modify the duration of each camera and the probability that it will be used by modifying the file "random_camera.ini" in assettocorsa / system / cfg.

Paulo, easiest first try is to check if those are floating in the skin folder, and remove them.
If they are not, you must export the textures via CM, and work them a little bit.

Thank you ger. Inside skins folder have this.
1fm8.png

Whe I opened those DDS files, they were writed in martian language.
kn1u.png

:confused: :lol::lol::lol:

So, I'm doomed. :D:rolleyes:

Thanks, but sadly that does not work either. That's to say, it does work until you leave CM.
Each time you start CM you have to re-assign the buttons again.
Once it's working, it does give you higher fps though.
I hope someone is able to get the settings to save permanently. Until than back to the old version.

Edit: I found a workaround: not letting CM start RHM...
Using a shortcut to start RHM and settings are saved. :rolleyes:

I had the same problem, but I solved this by simply changing the settings file to a read only file. Once you've got your settings dialed in correctly of course.

Question; Is there a way to generate car templates in CM? Some cars have the body.dds in the skin folder which can be adapted somewhat to make a crude template, but some mods don't contain a visible or usable body.dds file making skinning almost impossible. I don't mess around with the 3D stuff, just enjoy painting skins and some cars don't come with the necessary templates.

I've got a question about my mod, and wether it will be allowed on RD or not. It's a physics mod for the Z4 GT3 with mostly physics changes, with the only visible changes being the headlight color and the rev lights/rev bar and the weight distribution. Would this be allowed on RD?

EDIT: go here instead all fixes included - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1365#post-13156565

Here's new track limits for Croix en Ternois. I also made new outline, outline_cropped and track map. Used actual size in CM for making the map and outlines.
The original fastlane and pitlane are untouched except for the new embedded track limits. They work just fine. There was no ideal_line.ai in the data folder either. That's also been remedied.

Let me know if there's any other problems.

Oh. I did notice when testing that I can only get 11 cars to load on the grid, even if I select 12 - 23 grid spots. Maybe someone that can fix grids can take a look at that? I think some of U know who U are ;)

croix_en_ternois - New track limits, outlines & map by LiquidSkyMan.rar 618 KB
https://mega.nz/file/C1oVUJoC#BzwBofcyY6V_GWarw6shuRbXwh1u1uTS73HWBp9XoAg

Last edited:
Guys, if some of you are backing up your Assetto Corsa game folder every couple of nights like I do, have a look at using Fast Copy
https://fastcopy.jp/en/

My Assetto folder is 600GB. What Fast Copy does is lets you copy and paste and it will just backup or update what is different, so you're not churning your hard drive for an hour and it also bypasses the annoying 'calculating...' function it does before actually doing a damn thing.

Thought I'd share my experience because backing up 600GB was no fun for me prior to finding Fast Copy. (sorry if that sounded like a Shamwow commercial, lol)...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back